I closed the phone last night with 51% of battery power.I opened it this morning and it was at 29%.
    Does anyone has encountered the same problem or found why is happening?

12-14-11 03:02 AM
    remember you can't turn off BB fully.
    if you have apps working in background, they will still eat some battery.
    Try closing all the apps. refresh span of twitter, facebook and all those internet apps (switch them to manual mode).
    repeate the same process of closing your bb and see what happens...
    if it still eats battery...
    then you might need more battery or device replacement.
    12-14-11 03:17 AM
    remember you can't turn off BB fully.
    if you have apps working in background, they will still eat some battery.
    Try closing all the apps. refresh span of twitter, facebook and all those internet apps (switch them to manual mode).
    repeate the same process of closing your bb and see what happens...
    if it still eats battery...
    then you might need more battery or device replacement.
    All the applications are closed and i only use the device for 5 days....
    12-14-11 07:54 AM
    Yeah I noticed that too, but Traffic was opened in my case, once I closed it everything go back to the normal
    12-14-11 08:45 AM
    Yeah I noticed that too, but Traffic was opened in my case, once I closed it everything go back to the normal
    You mean Network Traffic Control?
    12-16-11 02:05 AM
    Take the battery out and see if the battery gets drained over night, guarantee it'll loose a few percentages. ; )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-11 04:17 AM
    Take the battery out and see if the battery gets drained over night, guarantee it'll loose a few percentages. ; )

I will try it but its different loose a few percentages than going from 51% to 29%...
    12-16-11 06:55 AM
    I will try it but its different loose a few percentages than going from 51% to 29%...
    I was being sarcastic, a battery even when not plugged into anything will lose it's charge, shortly, a few percentages, long time, completely. But you might have a defective battery?
    12-20-11 01:02 AM
    I actually had the same problem ever since I upgarded to 7.1. Then again, I was having a rather major problem with my phones display staying at full brightness, no matter what I set it at...

Finally after a few days, I just yanked the battery for a good full hour. Oddly enough, it actually helped. My screen now stays at the brightness that I set it too, and now my phone doesn't seem to be constantly doing something, in the process draining my battery entirely.

Its a thought...
    12-20-11 01:20 AM
    I was being sarcastic, a battery even when not plugged into anything will lose it's charge, shortly, a few percentages, long time, completely. But you might have a defective battery?
    I think i will buy one more battery to test it.
    12-20-11 02:48 AM
    I actually had the same problem ever since I upgarded to 7.1. Then again, I was having a rather major problem with my phones display staying at full brightness, no matter what I set it at...

Finally after a few days, I just yanked the battery for a good full hour. Oddly enough, it actually helped. My screen now stays at the brightness that I set it too, and now my phone doesn't seem to be constantly doing something, in the process draining my battery entirely.

Its a thought...
    Could you please explain this "I just yanked the battery for a good full hour"
    Thank you
    12-20-11 02:49 AM

'It will loose 2-5% just rebooting the phone.

The OP needs to plug his phone in while he sleeps or is it the fear of bricking that prevents this?
    12-20-11 05:24 AM
    What do you mean by "closed"? The bold is not a flip phone...

howarmat likes this.
    12-20-11 06:29 AM

Good grief, this might be the problem!
    12-20-11 07:04 AM

Excuse me,i meant powered off.
    12-20-11 07:36 AM
    Never had that problem before. Must be that you have calendar or an alarm set and haven't chosen Full Poweroff.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-20-11 10:39 AM
    Never had that problem before. Must be that you have calendar or an alarm set and haven't chosen Full Poweroff.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I didn't set neither the calendar or the alarm.
    I took the battery off over a night and only lost 1%.
    So i can't understand what is draining my battery when the device is powered off.
    12-21-11 02:36 AM
    Have you got a weather app? I thought I had closed all my apps and couldn't figure out where the drain was. Checked the diagnostics and it turned out it was my weather up, which I had updating every 15 minutes.
    Check Options>Device>Application Management>CPU Now and Usage. You will be able to isolate what app is causing your drain, if it is an app.
    Aside from that, it could be a side loaded or OS7 incompatible app, a bad battery or faulty software.
    12-21-11 05:04 AM
    Test the battery. If the new battery solves the problem, try turning the phone off and charging it over night. I have never intentionally left any of the six berries that I have owned off without charging overnight. If it is not the battery, exchange or call the carrier and get a refurb.
    12-21-11 06:35 AM
    Have you got a weather app? I thought I had closed all my apps and couldn't figure out where the drain was. Checked the diagnostics and it turned out it was my weather up, which I had updating every 15 minutes.
    Check Options>Device>Application Management>CPU Now and Usage. You will be able to isolate what app is causing your drain, if it is an app.
    Aside from that, it could be a side loaded or OS7 incompatible app, a bad battery or faulty software.
    I use the Beweather but when the device is powered off,how it's possible to do an update.
    I have searched the CPU and the Usage but i did't find something unusual.
    12-22-11 08:43 AM
    Test the battery. If the new battery solves the problem, try turning the phone off and charging it over night. I have never intentionally left any of the six berries that I have owned off without charging overnight. If it is not the battery, exchange or call the carrier and get a refurb.
    I don't think it's a battery problem because when i took off the device it lost only 1% through the night.
    12-22-11 08:44 AM
    I have changed the battery and the same happens.
    Over the night from 100% went to 92% and the only applications that was opened were Home,Phone,Browser,BBM,Messages.
    01-04-12 05:07 AM
    There is always apps running in the background I believe 4 maybe 5 plus if you have 3g on also wifi can eat up battery plus if you have it set to look for emails alerts for social media etc. It will eat up battery. It happens with just about every phone if not all phones.

01-04-12 06:17 AM
    is there a way to shut apps down, like on the iPhone when you double tap on the home button ?

I recently switched to the 9900, and the biggest weakness, is battery life. Other than that, the phone is awesome. in my opinion the Bold 9900 is the best phone from RIM. I'm happy to be back with BlackBerry with my PB 32GB and the Bold 9900. I sometimes cheat with my iPhone 4, but.... In my heart it's bold !!!!
    01-04-12 08:34 AM
    There is always apps running in the background I believe 4 maybe 5 plus if you have 3g on also wifi can eat up battery plus if you have it set to look for emails alerts for social media etc. It will eat up battery. It happens with just about every phone if not all phones.

Yes i know that but i am talking when the phone is powered off.
    01-04-12 01:42 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD