Everytime I check my battery, it's never at say... 47% or 53%. It's ALWAYS and I mean always at like 50% or 65%. Is this normal? Because people talk about how they lose 8% an hour and whatnot but I seem to be losing 5% or 10% always. I have a feeling I have a defective battery lol.
    09-11-11 11:24 AM
    what do you check your battery with? blackberry's wont tell you how much you lose an hour thats done by a 3rd party app like meterberry, if you are using device and status information on your blackberry i believe that is only done in 5% increments, im pretty sure but i could be wrong
    Laura Knotek, rafiks and nyletak_m like this.
    09-11-11 11:29 AM
    Hi! There might be a chance that the battery is not calibrated. To test this out, I'd let the battery drain *completely* (until the phone turns itself off) and then charge it while it's off.

Also, there is usually a 1-2 week battery break-in period that I notice, so make sure you keep that in mind! BAH, just wish they released a bigger battery to begin with.
    09-11-11 11:29 AM
    No its not normal...have you tried looking at the stickied thread about battery tips??...have a look in there and try those tips for a start.

Secondly make sure you havent got any running apps in the background other than the 5 that will always run...rogue apps running constantly in the background causes battery drain.

If you have done what i have said above then get the phone or battery replaced as it could be a faulty device or battery.
    09-11-11 11:31 AM
    Hi! There might be a chance that the battery is not calibrated. To test this out, I'd let the battery drain *completely* (until the phone turns itself off) and then charge it while it's off.

Also, there is usually a 1-2 week battery break-in period that I notice, so make sure you keep that in mind! BAH, just wish they released a bigger battery to begin with.
    Lithium ion batteries do not need to be "calibrated". Completely draining the battery will shorten its lifespan. Lithium ion batteries last longer when topped off frequently.
    09-11-11 11:31 AM
    what do you check your battery with? blackberry's wont tell you how much you lose an hour thats done by a 3rd party app like meterberry, if you are using device and status information on your blackberry i believe that is only done in 5% increments, im pretty sure but i could be wrong
    This is correct. Battery percentage will only display in 5% increments unless one uses a 3rd party app such as Meterberry, BatteryEx, or TinyMeter.

You will not see 47% or 53% without running a 3rd party app.
    nyletak_m likes this.
    09-11-11 11:33 AM
    Can't seem to find Meterberry in the app world?
    09-11-11 11:35 AM
    Can't seem to find Meterberry in the app world?
    Me either!
    09-11-11 11:38 AM
    09-11-11 11:40 AM
    This is correct. Battery percentage will only display in 5% increments unless one uses a 3rd party app such as Meterberry, BatteryEx, or TinyMeter.

You will not see 47% or 53% without running a 3rd party app.
    Exactly! checking your battery levels through the 'display settings' option will only show you levels in 5% increments (or decrements??!!!) - at least until your battery falls below 10%. from then on, your values display in 1% decrements!!!
    09-11-11 04:04 PM
    BB's have aways shown the battery drop in increments of 5. If you want to show the exact battery percent, get Meterberry. PM me for more details.
    09-11-11 04:29 PM
    5% increments with the default status (no app) is normal. Do not panic and do NOT purposely drain the battery to 0%. You risk killing the battery completely.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD