10-12-11 05:55 PM
27 12
tools
    I can't make any calls or hold 1 signal bar. My phone was on 2G to save battery life. Then I switched it to 4G cause I was getting zero bars and my had SOS light up. 4G worked with like 3 bars and then completely disappeared. Now my phone either goes 2 GSM, SOS, or "searching 4 a network". Its been this way for the past 2 hours. I wonder what the **** is going on? I'm shocked GPRS hasn't popped up.

Anyone else with a T-Mobile handset having issues or is this a BB Bold 9900 thing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-11 01:49 AM
    I'm on TMO in Minneapolis with a Bold 9900 and I have no issues.

10-12-11 01:54 AM
    Full 4G signal with BIS here in socal
    10-12-11 02:13 AM
    I can't make any calls or hold 1 signal bar. My phone was on 2G to save battery life. Then I switched it to 4G cause I was getting zero bars and my had SOS light up. 4G worked with like 3 bars and then completely disappeared. Now my phone either goes 2 GSM, SOS, or "searching 4 a network". Its been this way for the past 2 hours. I wonder what the **** is going on? I'm shocked GPRS hasn't popped up.

Anyone else with a T-Mobile handset having issues or is this a BB Bold 9900 thing?

Where are you? It could be possible that a tower is down.
    10-12-11 02:20 AM
    No issues in Hawaii, everything working as normal.

10-12-11 02:44 AM
    I am in NYC so it impossible to have coverage issues. However, Crackberry.com stated that the BB server is down and thats why this issue is happening. If you go to the homepage, it is the first story thats being covered. I didn't have a signal for a few hours and it was still acting buggy this morning.

T-Mobile is impeccable in my apartment, so i kind of suspected it was the BES/BIS server.
    10-12-11 08:42 AM
    Brooklyn, NY with no issues with signal.
    10-12-11 09:04 AM
    Brooklyn, NY TMO too. All is well but my kid mentioned that some BBMs did not go through. I just tested and had no problems with BBM.
    10-12-11 09:13 AM
    I am in NYC so it impossible to have coverage issues. However, Crackberry.com stated that the BB server is down and thats why this issue is happening. If you go to the homepage, it is the first story thats being covered. I didn't have a signal for a few hours and it was still acting buggy this morning.

T-Mobile is impeccable in my apartment, so i kind of suspected it was the BES/BIS server.
    First, it is entirely possible to have coverage issues, even in New York City. Second, network coverage issues have nothing at all to do with BIS/BES service outages.
    10-12-11 09:52 AM
    I had a little issue around 8am. I was on the road by 7am...made and received calls up to around 7:45 am then arrived home by 8am. However, i was about to make another call when i found out that there was no signal, when I always have coverage (4G) at home even in the basement. My wife's old bb however had edge coverage. I just turned my bb off and turned it back on right after. My 4G coverage was back. Whether that was my bb's issue or TMO's problem, i don't know.
    10-12-11 10:07 AM
    I am in Orlando, FL. I can make calls

But all my BBM and Emails do not work.
    10-12-11 10:36 AM
    it looks like there is an issue with BIS...the last email i received was an hour ago. However, i keep receiving emails on the computer and my bb has stopped receiving them. also, I tried to send emails via my bb to my gmail and yahoo accts, but i don't get them on the computer although they appear to have been sent through the bb - there is a check mark beside the email indicating that it was sent....

i have 4g network coverage, full bars...are we affected now, not just in the EMEA areas?
    10-12-11 10:47 AM
    according to @breakingnews - Update: Statement from RIM confirms BlackBerry service outages in the Americas. no wonder my bbms/emails aren't going thru ugh why today -_- (north jersey)
    10-12-11 10:51 AM
    From RIMM, posted on FB

http://www.rim.com/newsroom/service-update.shtml

Wednesday 12th October – 9:45 (GMT-5)
    BlackBerry subscribers in the Americas may be experiencing intermittent service delays this morning. We are working to resolve the situation as quickly as possible and we apologize to our customers for any inconvenience. We will provide a further update as soon as more information is available.
    Guatiao likes this.
    10-12-11 10:53 AM
    Rogers Canada. My 60+ dollar plan has been rediced to nothing as my plan runs on BIS to actually function. Have signal but cannot even load browser pages on my network. Thankfully my school has wifi and its been working well. I can text and haven't tried to call yet but BBM, Facebook, twitter, etc don't work without wifi. Please fix this soon

10-12-11 11:02 AM
    Intermitent service issues, nondelivered BBM messages, lag in UberSocial, among other things, noted by me using my 9700 with TMo in Puerto Rico since this morning.
    10-12-11 11:24 AM
    The BIS being down would not cause your phone to go to SOS mode or degrade the signal. It would simply effect the e-mail, BBM and Internet browsing. Sounds like the tower you were hitting was having issues, in addition to the Blackberry BIS issues currently going on.
    10-12-11 11:29 AM
    I said that earlier, and it seems that no one wants to acknowledge that. They just want to complain about BIS/BES issues.
    10-12-11 11:38 AM
    Boston here -- web browsing, BIS and BES email all working fine.
    10-12-11 11:45 AM
    Well...i don't work at T-Mobile and i don't build cell towers for a living, so i am just going with my intuition. SOmetimes i feel BIS/BES restricts from using certain sites. I'll access the site on another T-Mobile device and it works fine, but with my BB, i'll get a pop up saying "If issue persists, please contact your network provider".

Anyways, my signal bars disappearing clearly had something to do with BIS/BES because i have a spare T-Mobile phone and i popped in the sim card and it worked beautifully. Obviously it had nothing to do with T-Mobile.
    10-12-11 01:17 PM
    Anyways, my signal bars disappearing clearly had something to do with BIS/BES because i have a spare T-Mobile phone and i popped in the sim card and it worked beautifully. Obviously it had nothing to do with T-Mobile.
    Believe what you want (clearly), but BIS/BES disruption does not affect signal strength, tower connectivity, etc. It just doesn't.
    10-12-11 01:46 PM
    Well my BIS service is down for sure at the moment, and my phone and txt messaging is still working just fine and no weird issues. The BIS is only a VPN between your phone and the BIS server. All the Internet, BBM and e-mails from a BB handheld proxy through the BIS via that VPN over the T-mobile network, so this is why your other phone would get Internet and the BB would not.
    10-12-11 02:16 PM
    Well...i don't work at T-Mobile and i don't build cell towers for a living, so i am just going with my intuition. SOmetimes i feel BIS/BES restricts from using certain sites. I'll access the site on another T-Mobile device and it works fine, but with my BB, i'll get a pop up saying "If issue persists, please contact your network provider".

You're 100% right. It's not a TMO issue it is a BIS issue that is worldwide.
    10-12-11 03:25 PM
    Why do people hijack every single calling problem thread with BIS server issues... How many times does it have to be said that dropping calls and reception problems have nothing to do with the BIS servers...
    Vijik likes this.
    10-12-11 03:26 PM
    Because some people never learn and never pay attention.

You're 100% right. It's not a TMO issue it is a BIS issue that is worldwide.
    You are 100% wrong. The OP indicated that he has no/poor cellular service. That has absolutely nothing to do with the BIS/BES outage sweeping the globe right now.
    Last edited by ifarlow; 10-12-11 at 03:46 PM.
    10-12-11 03:43 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD