Just add to my above post, I do not use the IP4 for game and other toy purpose. I do not even use it for music listening or video watching. I use it all for business. But I do use many apps, all of them are very useful. And I believe I never paid for any of these apps, all free (except a couple, I believe).
    I use calendar, task, to do list, contact, various location related apps all the time. Phone function is just fine (I am not in fringe area).
    And above all, all my PIM programs constantly and automatically sync'ed up beautifully OTA with my desktop. IP5 with its notification and iCloud syncing should be even better.
    BB do have a higher hurdle to overcome.
    But as I said, I have not completely abandoned BB, not as yet.
    08-24-11 09:26 PM
    I've been looking for a reason to make the switch too and got it tonight.

Apple's new CEO is an Auburn grad....good enough for me.
    08-24-11 09:33 PM
    eventually you get sooo over the iphone games and just want a phone that works and works well overseas and at home with great battery life.

If you want toys get the IPAD3.
    08-24-11 09:38 PM
    I've been looking for a reason to make the switch too and got it tonight.

Apple's new CEO is an Auburn grad....good enough for me.
    Your switching to Blackberry, again? If so, because the CEO is from Auburn? talk about rivalry

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    08-24-11 09:54 PM
    Another one of these threads, by a self professed Apple fan boi attempting to bash Research in Motion and their new products.

Go back to your iPhone 4. Apple is in for rough times ahead without Steve Jobs, so enjoy your fart apps. I used an iPhone and iPad along side a BB for a time, and the majority of the apps in their app store all do the same thing. You can only make so many apps before people reinvent the app.
    I think when someone rolls out the old "fart apps" bromide we can safely assume they don't have anything serious to say. Face it, when someone refuses to admit that the iPhone beats BB hands down in terms of quality apps, I think we're well and truly in incurable fanboi territory.
    Nickerz and nyc_rock like this.
    08-24-11 09:57 PM
    I will also watch for QNX too, but am not holding my expectation level too high for that. QNX, when it's adapted to small handheld device may be nothing special and RIM might slap the same old BB OS as its UI.
    Hope RM do well in the near future.
    Rumor: New BlackBerry smartphones to run Android apps
    Nickerz likes this.
    08-24-11 10:00 PM
    eventually you get sooo over the iphone games and just want a phone that works and works well overseas and at home with great battery life.

If you want toys get the IPAD3.
    Doesn't the torch have terrible battery life? I am pretty sure the iPhone has better batt life?
    08-24-11 10:22 PM
    ordered my 9900 today, can't wait to get it!!! To each his own.
    08-24-11 10:27 PM
    Your switching to Blackberry, again? If so, because the CEO is from Auburn? talk about rivalry

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    I never really wanted to leave BB to begin with, but their issues with truncated emails was just causing me too many headaches. Supposedly that is being addressed in the fall BIS update.

As far as the university of choice for Apple's new CEO....to **** with Auburn.

Go Dawgs!
    08-24-11 10:29 PM
    ordered my 9900 today, can't wait to get it!!! To each his own.
    Which carrier model did you go with?
    08-24-11 10:32 PM
    I'm getting a Bell unbranded unlocked for use on ATT. HSPA+ and Playbook here I come!

Unlike the OP, I have used the iphones, androids, windows etc. Until recently I was using webOS waiting on the Pre3, but thanks to "tech company who must not be named", that ship has sailed. I was also dabbleing in WP7, which I really liked, but when I found out I would not be getting expandable memory and flash in the browser anytime soon I decided to look at something else.

The reasons I chose blackberry over others are chiefly stability/quality, form factor, expandable memory, and Bridge to the Playbook.
    lssanjose likes this.
    08-24-11 11:12 PM
    It isn't compatible with the Bold 9930 ((((
    08-24-11 11:23 PM
    I was the same way, I decided to sell my iphone and go with the 9930 but now I think Im sorry I did that.
    I'm actually selling my iP4 to get a bold. If you wanna trade, I'd be more than willing. That way I don't have to go through the hassle of selling the iP4
    08-25-11 01:30 AM
    As a lifelong BB user, I was excited and couldnt wait for the 9930 to drop for Verizon. I've been a BB owner ever since the 8730 all the way up to the 9650 when I grew rather bored with the 9650 and jumped ship to the IP4. I went to the vzw store to play with the phone the other day and although the phone was nice, it wasnt THAT much of an improvement over previous BB devices. Nor was it THAT much of an improvement to make me drop my IP4 for.

The main reason I was looking forward to jumping back on the BB ship was the physical keyboard. I really do miss texting on it as oppose to the Iphone where I continuously make mistakes. What I wasnt impressed with was the fact the browser still seems to be laggy and the camera was far from impressive. Now I dont need professional quality pictures, but since I dont walk around with a camera every day, I'd like to be able to take some good quality pics straight from my phone. If anything, the camera seems to take less quality pictures over my previous 3.2mp bold! Another issue I had was the cheap plasticky battery cover. That thing is destined for scratches galore unless covered with a case. I prefer to rock my phone bare with a seidio holster, and with a cheap plastic cover like that, it would have gotten scratched up in no time. Another gripe I have is the fact that BB refuses to use gorilla glass for their flagship phone. Scratches on the screen is very unsightly and for a $500 phone, you would think they would use a scratchproof glass screen like apple and even palm/HP did with their Pre 2.

So at the end of the day, I just couldnt justify getting rid of my IP4 for the Bold 9930. It would have been like going from a lexus to a honda.
    Thanks for the thread declaring your decision.......maybe come back when you have some news that is useful to us. i will continue to rock out with my 9930.
    08-25-11 03:53 AM
    I received my new 9900 have been using it for about half a day and have decided that i will not be keeping it, instead sticking with my IP4. Im not going to bash the bold 9900 as it does have some great features like keyboard is awesome, feels great in your hand, notifications, LED, however i must say the IP4 is better, bigger screen, more apps, better technology, i mean touch screen and pinch to zoom has been out for many years but BB just bring it out now, there way behind, i might be back when QNX comes on board. When IP5 gets released it will blow the 9900 outright.
    08-25-11 04:56 AM
    As a lifelong BB user, I was excited and couldnt wait for the 9930 to drop for Verizon. I've been a BB owner ever since the 8730 all the way up to the 9650 when I grew rather bored with the 9650 and jumped ship to the IP4. I went to the vzw store to play with the phone the other day and although the phone was nice, it wasnt THAT much of an improvement over previous BB devices. Nor was it THAT much of an improvement to make me drop my IP4 for.

The main reason I was looking forward to jumping back on the BB ship was the physical keyboard. I really do miss texting on it as oppose to the Iphone where I continuously make mistakes. What I wasnt impressed with was the fact the browser still seems to be laggy and the camera was far from impressive. Now I dont need professional quality pictures, but since I dont walk around with a camera every day, I'd like to be able to take some good quality pics straight from my phone. If anything, the camera seems to take less quality pictures over my previous 3.2mp bold! Another issue I had was the cheap plasticky battery cover. That thing is destined for scratches galore unless covered with a case. I prefer to rock my phone bare with a seidio holster, and with a cheap plastic cover like that, it would have gotten scratched up in no time. Another gripe I have is the fact that BB refuses to use gorilla glass for their flagship phone. Scratches on the screen is very unsightly and for a $500 phone, you would think they would use a scratchproof glass screen like apple and even palm/HP did with their Pre 2.

So at the end of the day, I just couldnt justify getting rid of my IP4 for the Bold 9930. It would have been like going from a lexus to a honda.

Isn't Lexus made by Honda....?
    08-25-11 05:54 AM
    Isn't Lexus made by Honda....?
    Toyota. Honda's luxury line is Acura

Sent via Gingerbread Deck Incredible
    08-25-11 06:08 AM
    I use my bb 9650 to store some attachments.
    I believe this is not so simple in the iPhone
    World. If I cannot store an attachment then
    The iPhone will never work for me and I
    Will get the 9930.
    08-25-11 06:17 AM
    iPhone can store attachments using third party apps. There is almost a app for everything
    08-25-11 06:54 AM
    Ive started to notice a big pattern here, maybe its just me or maybe there is something more to it, but majority of the 9900 owners LOVE their device, while I hear so many 9930 owners beginning to despise it.....Is the CDMA version that worse off than the GSM?
    08-25-11 07:49 AM
    I'm sorry to hear you chose the Iphone over the 9930. Personally, I totally regret my choice to get an Iphone. To me the device feeling like it's a phone built into an MP3 player. While other phones ((Android, BlackBerry, windows)) actually feel like phones with added features. The Iphone itself is a good portable media device but, I fail to see the appeal of it as a phone. Because for me it fails at phone calls, text messages, e-mail, and even social apps like facebook. These are things I use daily and if my phone can't handle this but, offers an app instead. . .well I'm none to happy.

To each his own but, I'll be playing with my new 9930 by days end.
    08-25-11 07:51 AM
    I'm sorry to hear you chose the Iphone over the 9930. Personally, I totally regret my choice to get an Iphone. To me the device feeling like it's a phone built into an MP3 player. While other phones ((Android, BlackBerry, windows)) actually feel like phones with added features. The Iphone itself is a good portable media device but, I fail to see the appeal of it as a phone. Because for me it fails at phone calls, text messages, e-mail, and even social apps like facebook. These are things I use daily and if my phone can't handle this but, offers an app instead. . .well I'm none to happy.

To each his own but, I'll be playing with my new 9930 by days end.
    What part of text messages, email and social apps does the iPhone not handle well?

I didnt ask about phone calls becuase I know your answer.
    08-25-11 07:56 AM
    If you want to keep wasting your time playing Angry Birds and Words with Friends on your PHONE, then by all means keep the iToy 4. If you want to be productive, get the 9930. Period.
    Yeah let me know how using Citrix Receiver on a micro screen works for you maintaining servers on your BB. See on my iToy as you call it I use Citrix receiver or RDP whichever I prefer and can and do work on my servers. So get over yourself with the iToy reference that ship sailed in 2007..........
    08-25-11 09:20 AM
    What part of text messages, email and social apps does the iPhone not handle well?

I didnt ask about phone calls becuase I know your answer.
    You know, that typing thing! How productive are you on a virtual keyboard going between, text messaging, chat and email? Answer: not very.
    08-25-11 09:31 AM
    You know, that typing thing! How productive are you on a virtual keyboard going between, text messaging, chat and email? Answer: not very.
    Answer very productive..........on MY iPhone...each person has different experiences......
    08-25-11 09:33 AM
141 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD