I feel you on the X. Not a fan of it, and MotoBlur kills most of the functionality, IMHO. Toss in the locked bootloader nonsense and all that, and I don't blame you one bit for returning to BB.
    I am a big Microsoft guy - Build PC's and been my friends' "computer guy". For years I had Windows Mobile devices - as slow as they were, they were wide open and I could hack them/Rom them to my hearts content. The "touch pro/Touch pro2" - I enjoyed setting them up and they had the physical slide out keyboard to keep me happy. The android experience would have been a lot better with unlocked bootloaders....I have heard that some of the manufacturers are now leaving their bootloaders unlocked - maybe sometime in the future, I might wish to take a look again...I can appreciate your comments...
    08-24-11 03:44 PM
    I love all the passive-aggressive comments when someone posts something that is vaguely in support of another platform over BlackBerry.
    08-24-11 03:53 PM
    Someone make an app to cut off all the ePeens....
    08-24-11 03:57 PM
    Dual core processor, much enhanced 3D graphics capabilities, new OS with new notification system, bigger screen, possibly LED notification and HOPEFULLY an improved battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    where did you hear that iP5 was getting an LED notifier?! if thats the case i may be jumping ship... (although id miss my keyboard and bbm horribly)
    08-24-11 03:59 PM
    where did you hear that iP5 was getting an LED notifier?! if thats the case i may be jumping ship... (although id miss my keyboard and bbm horribly)
    iOS 5 has LED notification in the form of the camera flash continually flashing on the iPhone 4, so you can assume that the iPhone 5 may just implement its own LED on the front as the camera flash would drain too much battery and is kind of tacky.

iMessage will be almost identical to BBM in a lot of ways too.
    08-24-11 04:01 PM
    You'd have the iphones version of bbm. If you have friends who own an iphone,ipad,or ipod you won't miss it to much

08-24-11 04:02 PM
    Security is a must because of the sensitive data sent in emails, plus the faster the emails are sent/received something else RIM do so well.
    Forgot that part. That also was a huge reason for making the switch.
    08-24-11 04:03 PM
    Sweet heavens!

I use Swype for little stuff, but for serious typing, I use what is called GB keyboard, in landscape. This admittedly mimics the BB thumb typing well... it is what I prefer:

I have to use my iPod in landscape in order to achieve 45WPM I just can't type fast on touch screens, the BB Storm I could do 60WPM with SurePress, loved the clicky screen, still got my Storm 9500 can't bear to let it go xD

I've found a screen shot where I scored 85WPM but I honestly did do 90WPM I'll download it and get the higher score.

PS how to you upload images onto here? :/

08-24-11 04:04 PM
    Its really bothering my about how I feel about this phone, I know its a great phone but its just not doing it for me, so this is what I did.

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...K:ME:LNLK:MESX
    08-24-11 04:10 PM
    Forgot that part. That also was a huge reason for making the switch.
    It's nice to know it's secure but I'm not too fussed about it, But my work won't allow any other phone because of client data that's sent over email etcc & only RIM can deliver that.

08-24-11 04:11 PM
    If you want to keep wasting your time playing Angry Birds and Words with Friends on your PHONE, then by all means keep the iToy 4. If you want to be productive, get the 9930. Period.
    Please come up with something new/genuine next time.
    08-24-11 04:19 PM
    Are you the dummy who goes and buys an SUV for speed, knowing that it's not *that fast*?

It's been known for a while now that Blackberries are an "app dead" platform. I don't even need to state that, just look at App World. No one who uses a blackberry really cares about the apps.

The target audience for this phone is not your teenybopper 16-20 year old. The iPHone is for them. This phone is a COMMUNICATION device. Look at what the lawyer above me wrote, it's pretty self explanatory as to why people stick to blackberries. There is not even one android phone that has as nice of a keyboard as the blackberry. NONE. I need to be able to write full emails on the go, regardless of where I am. This is the market that blackberries are catered to: People who want to be productive (with respect to their career) at all times.

I don't care what reasons you bought the iPad/iPhone for, because one of them is most definitely to look cool and savvy.

I do question your definition of "successful" if you're using a toy as a phone.
    I also question your intellect when you state that I am insulting others for "demanding apps", insofar as saying that I "use apps".

As I've said time and time again: the "apps" I'm referring to come installed on the device, regardless of the OS version. eBay app I don't even care about, mobile is good enough for me. I don't consider BBM an "app" because it's included in the OS. Just because "app" is short for Application, doesn't mean everyone uses that definition.

Being more than just a little familiar with software development, I can safely say that people in the industry would understand my use of the word "apps" as programs that aren't included with the operating system.
    I must say you may take the cake for the biggest moron on this site as of late. I mean you generalize just about everything based on nothing but your opinion but seem as all the crap you are spilling onto your keyboard as fact.

It really amazes me how you think.

As far as apps, who cares how they are used. When I had my bb, I had quite a few 3rd party apps. I guess that means I am not productive? I can surly/positively tell you for me apps made life simplified on my phone, rather bb, or my Android....basically it is click and poof, you're there. No need to always fire up a browser. I mean I guess all these dev's. And whatnot must be off their rocker for still creating for the bb platform, right?

Your cocky attitude which is radiating throughout this thread in abundance is quite astonishing.

Just wow......oh, typed this all with a virtual keyboard as well. I am just as fast on this as I was on my 9700.....and guess what, it was a 3rd party browser keyboard. I know, what blasphemy!

You Need to get a grip bro.....

Last edited by BoldtotheMax; 08-24-11 at 04:51 PM.
    08-24-11 04:48 PM
    You are missing out.. I ditched my iphone to try out the bold 9900 before the 9860 came out.. But you can't convince me to go back to the ****ty iphone.

tiny wings is awesome and all the browser was nice on the screen, but the phone dropped way too many calls and people had issues hearing me after a few warranty replacements.

I initally was ashamed to say i loved my blackberry.. And well, lots of my friends are thinking about jumping to the new BBs.. I'm pretty suprised.

These new phones maybe really underated by the media and reviews.. People seem to love them.
    08-24-11 04:58 PM
    I have to use my iPod in landscape in order to achieve 45WPM I just can't type fast on touch screens, the BB Storm I could do 60WPM with SurePress, loved the clicky screen, still got my Storm 9500 can't bear to let it go xD

I've found a screen shot where I scored 85WPM but I honestly did do 90WPM I'll download it and get the higher score.

PS how to you upload images onto here? :/

Man... I was proud of my 48/49 wpm... LOL.

As I have admitted elsewhere, the toughest thing for me was switching to a virtual keyboard. If I had not tried Swype before, I probably would never have switched, seeing that I blogged, emailed and wrote book excerpts on my BB. I just recently started using the GB keyboard pictured above, and it makes longer entries even better. I suspect a lot of people who try would be surprised.

To get the pics on here, I take a screen shot on my EVO, upload to Flickr, and then post the code. Pretty seamless; that is why you see so many screen pics in the Android section. The Android "share" functionality is a big plus. I can upload pics/documents to/via Dropbox, Flickr, FB, Twitter, YouVersion, MMS with one click.
    08-24-11 05:24 PM
    I agree on the 2.3 GB keyboard. It has been my saving grace far as typing goes. Love it!

08-24-11 05:28 PM
    Man... I was proud of my 48/49 wpm... LOL.

As I have admitted elsewhere, the toughest thing for me was switching to a virtual keyboard. If I had not tried Swype before, I probably would never have switched, seeing that I blogged, emailed and wrote book excerpts on my BB. I just recently started using the GB keyboard pictured above, and it makes longer entries even better. I suspect a lot of people who try would be surprised.

To get the pics on here, I take a screen shot on my EVO, upload to Flickr, and then post the code. Pretty seamless; that is why you see so many screen pics in the Android section. The Android "share" functionality is a big plus. I can upload pics/documents to/via Dropbox, Flickr, FB, Twitter, YouVersion, MMS with one click.
    I've tired VK on Andriod before and I just can get used to it :/ that noise it makes when you hit a key is kinda annoying too, I can hack the noise that a BB keyboard makes just about. I liked the noise from the Storm, it used to p*ss people off aswell so that was a bonus

As for Flickr I don't have an account it's like 12AM here in the UK & I'm too tired to set one up xD I'll do it at work tomorrow if/when my work is done :|
    Thank the lord I don't have to bring my work BB home with me, I'd never get any rest!

Edit: Forgot to say, I've never ever been to the Android section so I don't know how that works I've never had one so not had a reason to be there :L

Last edited by Ssteffan; 08-24-11 at 06:00 PM.
    08-24-11 05:56 PM
    Idk if your being serious or not but there is a toilet paper app like that (but you don't wipe with it lol) where you roll down the toilet paper with your fingers as fast as you can

Oh, you mean this?

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/11740
    08-24-11 06:45 PM
    Gorilla Glass is nice but adds way too much weight. I had a Droid 3 for about a month and it had to have weighed a half a pound. No removable battery, no microSD slot and weak security all adds up to me never buying an iPhone.
    08-24-11 07:40 PM
    Are you the dummy who goes and buys an SUV for speed, knowing that it's not *that fast*?
    My SUV does 0 to 60 in 5.3 seconds. Top speed is limited to 155 which seems plenty fast to me.
    Last edited by ADGrant; 08-24-11 at 08:25 PM.
    08-24-11 08:13 PM

Also, even if they do somehow fix that, I highly doubt iOS will be a true multithreaded OS like Android. Can you tell me how much better the new PowerSVX graphics chip will be? I bet it will have the same architecture but with a faster clockspeed.
    iOS supports multithreading just fine and always has. It has the same OS kernel as OS X.
    08-24-11 08:30 PM
    Although the BlackBerry 9900/9930 is a very good update it's still a BlackBerry. If you left for an iPhone, there really isn't anything to make you come back unless the slowness of previous BlackBerry's was an annoyance and forced you to switch.
    08-24-11 08:44 PM
    Another one of these threads, by a self professed Apple fan boi attempting to bash Research in Motion and their new products.

Go back to your iPhone 4. Apple is in for rough times ahead without Steve Jobs, so enjoy your fart apps. I used an iPhone and iPad along side a BB for a time, and the majority of the apps in their app store all do the same thing. You can only make so many apps before people reinvent the app.
    08-24-11 08:54 PM
    Another one of these threads, by a self professed Apple fan boi attempting to bash Research in Motion and their new products.

Go back to your iPhone 4. Apple is in for rough times ahead without Steve Jobs, so enjoy your fart apps. I used an iPhone and iPad along side a BB for a time, and the majority of the apps in their app store all do the same thing. You can only make so many apps before people reinvent the app.
    BlackBerry App World: Fart Storm
    BlackBerry App World: Phoney Fart
    BlackBerry App World: Fart Board
    BlackBerry App World: Fart Machine

I'm rocking a BlackBerry and I'm enjoying ma' fart apps! Too bad even the fart apps are not as well made as the ones on iOS.
    08-24-11 09:15 PM
    I purchased the 9780 almost accidentally back in August last year as a stopgap when I prematurely sold my iPhone 3Gs and had to wait for IP4 becoming more widely available. But I instantly fell in love with the 9780 for its simplicity, compactness, no-nonsense PIM functionality and one hand keyboard short cut etc. BB's KB itself or email capability were not really a strong attraction as I could type faster on touch screen and email was much better on IP4.
    When I learned about Dakota rumour and the subsequent on & off teasing by RIM on 9900/9930, I was totally psyched up and eagerly waiting for the actual launch like everybody else. But as the time went by, my enthusiasm turned into frustration then to anger and by the time the device was actually launched lately, my enthusiasm was almost completely waned out.
    But I was on the fence, and finally purchased a 9900 for the heck of it to see if I might still like it. That was last Friday. 4 days later on this Monday, I returned it. It was too wide (my thumb could not reach the other side for example), the OS was the same old BB OS with ridiculous number of revision numbers (in hundred) and browsers and maps are still not comparable to IP4, i.e., the same old BB. I actually prefer the compact 9780.
    But what this experience did to me was that I now appreciate how capable the IP4 actually was. I was on the fence for almost a year, going back and forth between the 9780 and the IP4, and thought the 9900 would have me make up my wandering mind. Now, I am firmly convinced that the IP4 is indeed a much better device.
    I am afraid this might flame long time BB fans (I would not call these folks "fan boi").
    I myself cannot really pinpoint exactly why I so completely lost my interest in BB, particularly with 9900.
    All I was expecting in a new BB was the "usable" browser (pinch to zoom in order to see certain part more clearly, such as in case of banking program etc) and maps. 9900 reasonably satisfied these but I think I found other flaws in BB (or I should say, newly realized advantages of the IP4).
    I will continue to watch this forum, and may be looking forward to the rumoured 9790 (9780 update). Compactness was certainly one of the strong attractions. I will also watch for QNX too, but am not holding my expectation level too high for that. QNX, when it's adapted to small handheld device may be nothing special and RIM might slap the same old BB OS as its UI.
    Hope RM do well in the near future.
    08-24-11 09:19 PM
    Was looking for a reason to respond to this thread, but can't.
    08-24-11 09:24 PM
141 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD