Please give us the locations of the Rogers stores, Future Shop, or Best Buy locations (in Ontario) where you were able to buy a BlackBerry on the release date outright.
    08-02-11 01:06 AM
    how does warranty work when u get a phone from another carrier, especially when its out of the country?
    08-02-11 01:20 AM
    Please give us the locations of the Rogers stores, Future Shop, or Best Buy locations (in Ontario) where you were able to buy a BlackBerry on the release date outright.
    my rogers store isn't in ontario, it's in alberta.
    08-02-11 06:32 AM
    Which Future Shop location did you go to? I want to go there if they have no issues selling the 9900 outright on the release date.

When the Torch was launched, I called all Future Shop and Best Buy locations within 2 hrs of where I live and neither of those stores will sell it outright to me.
    9630 I purchased in Barrie ON
    9670 I purchased in Mississauga ON
    9800 I purchased in Whitby ON

They have the pricing in their system for full retail, you just need to point it out to them and say you want it!
    Barrie ON seems to be the easiest to deal with when purchasing stuff I've gotten deals on bulk buys of digital picture frames, SD cards, phone cases with a bit of negotiation.
    08-02-11 07:02 AM
    how does warranty work when u get a phone from another carrier, especially when its out of the country?
    Out of country your warranty is void

Company warranty's don't usually cross national boarders due to different laws in different countries.

as for Buying a device from Bell to use on Say Rogers, you would maintain your 1 year RIM warranty, though getting service is more difficult since you are meant to work with your carrier
    08-02-11 07:04 AM
    Out of country your warranty is void

Company warranty's don't usually cross national boarders due to different laws in different countries.

as for Buying a device from Bell to use on Say Rogers, you would maintain your 1 year RIM warranty, though getting service is more difficult since you are meant to work with your carrier
    see, that sux! id rather eat the termination fee and switch to tmo late august
    08-02-11 10:54 AM
    9630 I purchased in Barrie ON
    9670 I purchased in Mississauga ON
    9800 I purchased in Whitby ON

They have the pricing in their system for full retail, you just need to point it out to them and say you want it!
    Barrie ON seems to be the easiest to deal with when purchasing stuff I've gotten deals on bulk buys of digital picture frames, SD cards, phone cases with a bit of negotiation.
    Thanks for the list of stores. I've done the print out and it didn't work. Seems like dealing with stores out of the GTA is a bit easier. I know Mississauga stores refused. I'll try Barrie. I like it up there.

Thanks again.
    08-02-11 11:04 AM
    Hey Wirelessgal,

Did you try the Futureshop at Winston Churchill and 401, my brother in law got 2 iPhones, I got a 9800 from there. Generally pretty easy, but the heartland futureshop flat out refused.

I live in Cambridge and will let you know if they sell them outright there.

I am hoping they show up on RIM employee purchase site soon after launch so I can get one from my friend.
    08-02-11 03:38 PM
    Thanks for the list of stores. I've done the print out and it didn't work. Seems like dealing with stores out of the GTA is a bit easier. I know Mississauga stores refused. I'll try Barrie. I like it up there.

Thanks again.
    No worries,

I will probably be buying in Barrie since it is nearest to me, Unless it launches while I'm in Winnipeg next week.
    08-02-11 03:46 PM
    This whole thread has robbed me of my innocence. I always assumed that if you wanted to give people legal tender in return for their product they'd accept. Not so it seems. I'm in Nova Scotia and hoping to buy outright from Rogers on release day, my fingers are crossed
    ardew likes this.
    08-02-11 04:09 PM
    If any store refused, I would ask them to show me IN WRITING where I was not allowed to purchase a device outright. I did that last year when buying a Torch at full price at Best Buy at Walden Galleria. I bought it online, full price, paid for it, and when I went to the store, the Manager refused to give it to me without a contract. She said they weren't allowed to sell to Canadians. I asked for her District Manager's name and phone number. After being put on hold for a few mins, she magically said she would sell it to me. I would do exactly the same thing here. It's not that I like to argue, but if they advertise "No contract price" anywhere in writing, they better honor it.
    08-02-11 06:39 PM
    If you pick up a Rogers 9900 to use on gayt&t, I have heard you lose visual voicemail. Is there anything you can do to get that to work? Anything else you need to do to in general?
    08-02-11 06:55 PM
    If you pick up a Rogers 9900 to use on gayt&t, I have heard you lose visual voicemail. Is there anything you can do to get that to work? Anything else you need to do to in general?
    i would imagine you would have to do something similar to this although it's sorta hit or miss.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-users-610268/
    teufel_hunden_ likes this.
    08-02-11 09:34 PM
    Hey Wirelessgal,

Did you try the Futureshop at Winston Churchill and 401, my brother in law got 2 iPhones, I got a 9800 from there. Generally pretty easy, but the heartland futureshop flat out refused.

I live in Cambridge and will let you know if they sell them outright there.

I am hoping they show up on RIM employee purchase site soon after launch so I can get one from my friend.

No I didn't try that Future Shop. Hmmm, that's pretty nice of them to sell your brother in law 2 iPhones because that's a no no in pretty much every location. Oh, I hate the Heartland location. They're rude.

Yes, please do let me know if the FS near you sells them outright.

Thanks.
    08-02-11 11:02 PM
    i would imagine you would have to do something similar to this although it's sorta hit or miss.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-users-610268/

Perfect.

If you get a phone from any of these futureshops or whatever, is it brand new in the original unopened packaging?
    08-02-11 11:28 PM
    Perfect.

If you get a phone from any of these futureshops or whatever, is it brand new in the original unopened packaging?

Yes they are. They are all locked to whatever carrier you buy from.
    08-03-11 12:27 AM
    just wondering..

many people are talking about waiting for back to school specials , iphone 5 effect or simply just waiting to till price drops on bold.

this makes sense but will these savings help someone buying the phone outright or only people getting phone on a contract?
    08-03-11 09:52 PM
    The savings will only be beneficial to those who are getting the phone on a contract. The contract price will eventually drop. The buyout price rarely drops unless it's from a 3rd party dealer.
    08-03-11 10:18 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD