From reading thread after thread and as per CX looks like ATTs release will be Oct/Nov. My buddy is going up to Montreal at the end of Aug. Anyone know how he could pick one up for me? Would he be able to walk into a Rogers store and buy the phone outright? I know it will probably be in the $600+ range. Any other options?
    07-31-11 10:26 PM
    Walk in. Buy phone. Walk out. Hearing $574.99.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    BBxpress and ardew like this.
    07-31-11 10:40 PM
    Get your friend to call around first. When a new phone is released, Rogers will not allow you to buy it outright. As of now, a lot of Best Buy locations aren't allowed to sell the Torch and 9780 outright and those phones have been out for awhile. Rogers hold the power. So call around first.
    01itr likes this.
    07-31-11 10:44 PM
    Get your friend to call around first. When a new phone is released, Rogers will not allow you to buy it outright. As of now, a lot of Best Buy locations aren't allowed to sell the Torch and 9780 outright and those phones have been out for awhile. Rogers hold the power. So call around first.
    Geeez, this sounds like major suckage, as I too am looking to get someone to purchase the bold 9900 for me from outside the US. (Darn AT&T!) I'm also hoping to have an option through Amazon. *crossing fingers*

07-31-11 10:47 PM
    right forgot about that.
    thanks ill have him call around first.
    07-31-11 10:52 PM
    Geeez, this sounds like major suckage, as I too am looking to get someone to purchase the bold 9900 for me from outside the US. (Darn AT&T!) I'm also hoping to have an option through Amazon. *crossing fingers*

me too.
    thats plan b
    07-31-11 10:53 PM
    From reading thread after thread and as per CX looks like ATTs release will be Oct/Nov. My buddy is going up to Montreal at the end of Aug. Anyone know how he could pick one up for me? Would he be able to walk into a Rogers store and buy the phone outright? I know it will probably be in the $600+ range. Any other options?
    Also check it's not locked to Rogers. And you can get it unlocked if so.
    ardew likes this.
    07-31-11 10:55 PM

It does suck because I hate signing my life away to Rogers for another 3 years! Look out on the buy and sell phone forums. I am sure a lot of people will get the 9900 on contract and sell it for a profit.
    08-01-11 12:24 AM
    Also check it's not locked to Rogers. And you can get it unlocked if so.

All Rogers devices are locked to Rogers. I'm sure it can be easily unlocked.
    08-01-11 12:25 AM
    If in Montreal, I have a hookup that sells original in box brand new BlackBerries for very cheap (Got my 9780 in January for 410$, compared to Rogers which was like 560$ before tax).

You can ask which carrier would you prefer, or unbranded altogether.
    08-01-11 12:39 AM
    ebay will be filled with them
    08-01-11 01:13 AM
    There will be Rogers phones for sale when they are released. They might cost you a little extra but they will be available. I really feel sorry for the Rogers users who are trying to get one as there will be a GIANT sucking noise as we bring them over our border!
    ardew likes this.
    08-01-11 05:06 AM
    After a couple days of release, eBay will be flooded with them - although the prices tend to be inflated. Not to mention the shipping charges.
    ardew likes this.
    08-01-11 06:04 AM
    If in Montreal, I have a hookup that sells original in box brand new BlackBerries for very cheap (Got my 9780 in January for 410$, compared to Rogers which was like 560$ before tax).

You can ask which carrier would you prefer, or unbranded altogether.
    wow i have to get in contact with you before he goes.
    08-01-11 06:36 AM
    Yeah im sure they'll end up on ebay just didnt want to pay 800+ for it.
    500-600 I can do.

Thanks for everyone's input.
    08-01-11 06:38 AM
    I was NEVER stopped from buying a phone at full retail from Futureshop.

Release day or not, if I say to the sales guy I want this phone I've always been able to get it, they are just encouraged to sell the phone on a contract to get greater commissions

The Torch had a Full Retail price AT Rogers on launch day, as I sat there debating if I was going contract or full retail.
    ardew likes this.
    08-01-11 06:54 AM
    If you're planning to buy outright, without contract, why not get a Bell one? Bell's recent BlackBerry phones have all come unbranded.

08-01-11 09:45 AM
    If you're planning to buy outright, without contract, why not get a Bell one? Bell's recent BlackBerry phones have all come unbranded.

The Rumors are that Rogers will Launch before Bell
    DeeDudnath likes this.
    08-01-11 10:06 AM

ill take anything really.
    just read that rogers will work on att.
    08-01-11 11:03 AM
    I am new to crackberry...I currently have an iPhone 4 but I am very excited about the new Blackberry 9900 that I am thinking of buying one online...There is a website called popular electronics and samstores that are selling the 9900 for under $700... what do you guys think? Also do you know if unlocked phones would work with At&t 3G network....let me know what you think of buying one online or on Ebay....Do you think there is some issue with the pre-released version or is there something else holding up the release and that these phones are ok to buy....Thanks very much for the help
    08-01-11 01:28 PM
    I am new to crackberry...I currently have an iPhone 4 but I am very excited about the new Blackberry 9900 that I am thinking of buying one online...There is a website called popular electronics and samstores that are selling the 9900 for under $700... what do you guys think? Also do you know if unlocked phones would work with At&t 3G network....let me know what you think of buying one online or on Ebay....Do you think there is some issue with the pre-released version or is there something else holding up the release and that these phones are ok to buy....Thanks very much for the help
    all i know is that a tmo 9900 won't work on att.
    so im looking for other options. I've rogers does work. Anyone know if any of the uk phones work?
    08-01-11 01:32 PM
    I was NEVER stopped from buying a phone at full retail from Futureshop.

Release day or not, if I say to the sales guy I want this phone I've always been able to get it, they are just encouraged to sell the phone on a contract to get greater commissions

The Torch had a Full Retail price AT Rogers on launch day, as I sat there debating if I was going contract or full retail.

Which Future Shop location did you go to? I want to go there if they have no issues selling the 9900 outright on the release date.

When the Torch was launched, I called all Future Shop and Best Buy locations within 2 hrs of where I live and neither of those stores will sell it outright to me.
    08-01-11 01:38 PM
    all i know is that a tmo 9900 won't work on att.
    so im looking for other options. I've rogers does work. Anyone know if any of the uk phones work?
    hey buddy, I'm in same boat as you are, just can't wait when i'll get this baby in my hands, so what i do usually and did in the past, as soon as some carriers start selling them, here in NYC i trust this retailer Unlocked GSM Phones, Smart Phones, iPhone, Blackberry accessories at MobileCityOnline.com they are long time in business and are very reputable, so they will have phone at the same day or a few days later for sale unlocked and about same price as carriers will sell in full retail, so no need to go to Canada or have someone to buy for you
    08-01-11 10:49 PM
    hey buddy, I'm in same boat as you are, just can't wait when i'll get this baby in my hands, so what i do usually and did in the past, as soon as some carriers start selling them, here in NYC i trust this retailer Unlocked GSM Phones, Smart Phones, iPhone, Blackberry accessories at MobileCityOnline.com they are long time in business and are very reputable, so they will have phone at the same day or a few days later for sale unlocked and about same price as carriers will sell in full retail, so no need to go to Canada or have someone to buy for you

thank you.
    good to know. i might just go this route.
    08-01-11 11:22 PM
    I havent signed a new contract with rogers when buying a release date BB ever. go straight to rogers store, slap cash on the counter and walk away. it's that easy.
    08-02-11 12:46 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD