Hi!

I have problem with LogicMail configuration. I want to add my email account which I have on outlook.com. I found all necessary settings on official Microsoft website for IMAP configuration.
    Incoming server: imap-mail.outlook.com 993 SSL
    Outgoing server: smtp-mail.outlook.com 25 TLS

And when I fill in all fields in LogicMail Configuration, at the end after clicking the TEST button I receive info that incoming config failed but outgoing config is ok. I don't know where is the problem because I have tried many other config option without success...

Of course, I can activate the BIS for about 5$(in Poland we use different currency of course ) like I was doing earlier, but I need to have fully access to sub folders on my email, which BIS doesn't support.

Some help?
    10-07-15 02:19 PM
    Is your Outlook.com email account set up as two-factor login?
    A lot of mobile email clients have problems with that.
    10-07-15 03:00 PM
    I heard about two-step verification, but I didn't set up on my outlook.com. Naver saw this option on my account. Also, when I have had BIS on Bold 9900 or on BlackBerry Z3, I was adding this email account without any problems. I can log in to my email on every PC without any extra verification.
    10-07-15 05:02 PM
    Hi,

A BBOS phone without BIS is pretty pointless, maybe you could get a feature phone or a basic QWERTY running an old version of Android?
    10-07-15 05:50 PM
    Hi,

A BBOS phone without BIS is pretty pointless, maybe you could get a feature phone or a basic QWERTY running an old version of Android?
    Hi,

You are wrong, that BBOS phone without BIS is pointless.

Also I don't need a feature phone or old Android. I can buy BIS, but I'm talking about BBOS phone without BIS. Nowadays BIS doesn't give me as much as I can get via normal data plan from my carrier.

+ for BIS which I can get:
    no limit internet via BlackBerry
    Radio without limits on My Bold 9900
    YouTube videos
    Emails without any third apps

If I purchase normal data plan- similar cost- I get:
    Hot-spot wi-fi to my laptop in emergency
    WisePilot navigation (maps download via normal data plana, not via BIS)
    Faster internet
    Whatsapp works (I don't use BBM also Whatsapp )
    LogicMail to emails
    Less draining my battery

In my opinion points like hotspot wifi or navigation is more important than youtube or radio for me.

Back to topic - I'm consciously using the phone. I'm young but I don't need a toy - because of that I will sell my BlackBerry Z3 so ending this of topic don't advise me that BBOS need BIS, etc. I know what it gives - all pros and cons...

All I want is to get my outlook.com on LogicMail. So...?
    10-08-15 01:37 AM
    Hi,
    You are wrong, that BBOS phone without BIS is pointless.
    If you haven't already done so, check out this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ut-bis-996682/
    It might be worth consulting shuswap for advice on setting up LogicMail

Good luck! Sorry that I can't help, I'm happily still using BIS Email on my beloved 9900
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    10-08-15 09:14 AM
    The first thing I would try is an alternative smtp port. Sometimes you can use 587, or less commonly, 465. Also, make sure that you've enabled connection debugging in the settings.

LogicMail should connect to outlook.com, but it won't stay connected for long periods of time. You'll have to log out when you're done (exit the app completely), and then log back in to refresh your emails.

If you want a constant connection, here's a post outlining what I ended up doing: http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../#post11957232
    10-08-15 11:01 AM
    I also have my office Outlook account on LogicMail because I usually use the work phone for that email. This way I can check Outlook mail on-demand on my personal without clogging up my machine.
    BTW, I have SMTP on Port 587 (TLS/Login).
    10-08-15 02:50 PM
    The first thing I would try is an alternative smtp port. Sometimes you can use 587, or less commonly, 465. Also, make sure that you've enabled connection debugging in the settings.

LogicMail should connect to outlook.com, but it won't stay connected for long periods of time. You'll have to log out when you're done (exit the app completely), and then log back in to refresh your emails.

If you want a constant connection, here's a post outlining what I ended up doing: http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../#post11957232
    Hi Shuswap!

In my case, when I'm configuring the LogicMail for outlook.com at the end, I click "Test configuration" and I received:

Testing outlook.com(IMAP)...
    Conection failed

Testing outlook.com (SMTP)...
    Conection successful

So I think, the outgoing server SMTP(I use TLS 25 or 587) is ok and the problem is in incoming server configuration or some login settings maybe.

I don't need to be conected for long time. It's ok for me, if I will have to open the app, to refresh the mail. Its better that open it in browser.
    PS. Comparing mobile site outlook.com vs gmail.com, I must admit that google I think, has a better mobile website.
    10-08-15 03:11 PM
    I also have my office Outlook account on LogicMail because I usually use the work phone for that email. This way I can check Outlook mail on-demand on my personal without clogging up my machine.
    BTW, I have SMTP on Port 587 (TLS/Login).
    Otaku2 if I understood your post correct, you mean that you have outlook email on LogicMail configurated?
    10-08-15 03:18 PM
    Yes, it works fine.POP mail (not IMAP). outlook.office365.com, TLS Port 110, username same as email address.
    10-08-15 03:23 PM
    Ahh, ok - I will check my account with POP configuration. Cons of this is that I will have access to my main folder INBOX only, but not subfolders.
    10-08-15 03:32 PM
    I have set up outlook.com via POP without problems. Ok, in free time I will play with IMAP settings, because today in my cuntry is little late now - 21:45 (9:45 PM)
    10-08-15 03:44 PM
    I didn't feel like making changes on my Bold 9900, so I've been playing around with LogicMail on my Storm2 (yeah, really), and I can't get it to work with Outlook.com's IMAP server either. I think I've tried every possible combination of settings. I even tried setting up two-step verification and then creating an app-specific password, which didn't work. They must have changed something over the past couple of years. I've found a few forum postings on other sites where people complain that the IMAP server has stopped working for them too.
    10-09-15 08:58 PM
    I didn't feel like making changes on my Bold 9900, so I've been playing around with LogicMail on my Storm2 (yeah, really), and I can't get it to work with Outlook.com's IMAP server either. I think I've tried every possible combination of settings. I even tried setting up two-step verification and then creating an app-specific password, which didn't work. They must have changed something over the past couple of years. I've found a few forum postings on other sites where people complain that the IMAP server has stopped working for them too.
    Ok, thanks.
    10-10-15 05:15 AM
    Here are a couple of threads documenting the trouble people are having with Outlook.com's IMAP server. I can verify that it doesn't work well with Mozilla Thunderbird either. It will connect sometimes, but if it does, it takes a long time to do anything. Perhaps LogicMail is not as patient with the connection?

http://superuser.com/questions/93122...to-outlook-com

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...b0cc3e2?page=1
    10-10-15 11:21 AM
    You might try picomail too. I had forgotten about it completely. It's really rudimentary, but it works with the outlook.com IMAP server. Big Hint: Press the BlackBerry button on every screen to see what your options are. You have to find the advanced options to set up the IMAP server properly. There's no IMAP-IDLE (the equivalent of "push mail"). You have to check the server manually. On the positive side, you do get access to all of your folders.

The advice about the BlackBerry button applies to all other functions and screens as well. Keep checking to see what the BlackBerry button will do. If you can't find your way out of a screen, or can't figure out what to do, press that BlackBerry button. And when you're in the reply or compose screen, you'll have the email title box and nothing else, and you have to press the BlackBerry button to get into the body of the email. It's a really rough and simple piece of software, but it does work if you have no other options.

You can download it at www.picowireless.com/wap using the Opera mini browser. You can't download it with the BlackBerry browser.

That being said, Outlook.com works really nicely in the browser. It's a much better solution.
    10-16-15 09:35 PM
    Thank you Shuswap for your help! I will try it because I'm curious.
    But overall I'm using again BIS - it is addicted. Also I have radio app via BIS which give me about 100 radio station in my country for free and for me it's my own Spotify replacement. But back to mail topic - I see that emails from outlook.com came with some delay - max 15min. Sometimes arrive without delay. Do you see that issue on your side? PS. I created email on yahoo.com and that emails arrived immediately.
    10-17-15 01:45 PM
    I'm not sure that I understand. Are you saying that you have a 15 minute delay with BIS and the built-in mail client? If so, someone else will have to respond. I've never had BIS.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-17-15 05:29 PM
    Yes, sometimes I receive email on my BlackBerry with some delay. Sometimes it is 10min, 5min or 1min . I see it in message details when the message was sent and when I received it. It's no big deal, but it could be better. But like you said - mobile version outlook.com is good also. Anyway, thanks for help.
    10-18-15 04:37 AM