I am thinking of buying a 9900 but due to a disability I am unable to use the lock button on top of the phone - can I change the settings so the phone never locks or unlock the phone just using the screen and keypad?
    Has any one used impacta viadock? - can it be used to send receive sms through my PC?
    12-17-11 10:23 AM
    if you password protect the phone you can use the k key to lock and then just push the trackpad to give you the option to unlock by putting in your password and you never have to use that button. I very rarely use it at all. You also can just not use it or the password lock option too and you will always have access to it.
    12-17-11 10:31 AM
    I am thinking of buying a 9900 but due to a disability I am unable to use the lock button on top of the phone - can I change the settings so the phone never locks or unlock the phone just using the screen and keypad?
    Has any one used impacta viadock? - can it be used to send receive sms through my PC?
    If you change your Home Screen preferences from "universal search" to "application shortcuts" you can use "k(short press)" to lock screen then use the track pad to unlock.

Home Screen>options using BB key.
    12-17-11 10:32 AM
    so if I never use the 'k' button the phone will never lock as long as Ihave password option selected - is that correct?
    Thank you so much for youre help.
    12-17-11 10:39 AM
    Or you can use "Alt - Enter" (Alt Key, then Enter Key) to lock it (just be sure this combination isn't already activated for changing the input language).
    12-17-11 01:59 PM
    Or for 99 cents you could purchase Speedlock and lock and unlock your phone directly on your screen, without the lock button.
    12-17-11 02:42 PM
    The button on top is only a screen lock and does not 'password' lock the phone. If you set preferences to 'application short cuts' a long-press on the A key will screen lock the device; however, you'll need to unlock with he top button.
    12-17-11 10:44 PM
    Thank you all I will now pursue the best deal for a 9900.
    12-19-11 10:50 AM
    The other option is to use a Blackberry slip case or holster with the magnet and set the phone to lock when holstered.
    12-19-11 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD