I just came back to the Blackberry platform, and am noticing a behavior change in the OS. When you press the lock button to lock the screen, and then press any of the keys (send, menu, escape, end) buttons to see the contents of the lock screen, it no longer shows the home screen background along with date/time on top. Instead it now shows whatever screen you were on right before the locking took place.

1) I liked how the old OS used to show the date/time even in the locked state. Is there any way to get this back without changing the theme or OS?

2) If the answer to 1) is no, do you know of a theme that has minimal changes to the standard theme that achieves what I'm looking for?

3) You used to be able to unlock using a key combination (I think send+* or *+send or something like that. Is there a setting to change the unlock combination?

Thank you so much!
    Last edited by tlmjrd103t; 10-06-11 at 12:34 PM.
    10-06-11 12:01 PM
    1) No
    2) No, there are no themes for OS7 yet
    3) No, not without setting a password

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 10-06-11 at 06:37 PM.
    10-06-11 05:52 PM
    You'd have to use the password lock (not screen lock). Set it to a convenience key and regardless of the screen you're on you will get the lock screen like the old BB used to do.
    10-06-11 06:14 PM
    Its not a lock. Its a standby button. If you want to lock it setup a password.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-11 07:39 PM
    I just came back to the Blackberry platform, and am noticing a behavior change in the OS. When you press the lock button to lock the screen, and then press any of the keys (send, menu, escape, end) buttons to see the contents of the lock screen, it no longer shows the home screen background along with date/time on top. Instead it now shows whatever screen you were on right before the locking took place.

1) I liked how the old OS used to show the date/time even in the locked state. Is there any way to get this back without changing the theme or OS?

2) If the answer to 1) is no, do you know of a theme that has minimal changes to the standard theme that achieves what I'm looking for?

3) You used to be able to unlock using a key combination (I think send+* or *+send or something like that. Is there a setting to change the unlock combination?

Thank you so much!
    If you want to see the time and date after the screen has been off and you hit any the #, send, blackberry, back or end keys you need to set a password lock. Now with the password lock you can set the interval of when to enable the password requirement to unlock the phone, or you enable "keyboard shortcuts" for the homescreen, and hit "K" (from the homescreen) which will lock the phone immediately or hit "a" to turn off the screen without the password lock enabled, the password will enable after the set interval.
    10-06-11 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD