Hi,

I am not sure if this is just the way the button is but I find the lock button only responds if it is "clicked" directly in the middle. If I press from the side, nothing happens or the reaction is delayed?

Is this normal?

Thank you!
    12-15-11 02:26 AM
    probably the membrane beneath it is loose. if you can get it replaced do that
    12-15-11 04:10 AM
    Haha why press it on the side if you can easily hit the middle spot of the button :P
    12-15-11 04:15 AM
    you can also lock the screen by pressing A (long press)
    12-15-11 06:14 AM
    Mine works fine no matter where I press it. How long have you had it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-11 07:59 AM
    I've been playing with it all day and maybe it just had to be "broken in". It seems to "click" more and I can press it from any side and it does lock or unlock. Although the most satisfying click is when the button is pressed all/middle? I suppose this is where the contact point is?

I wouldn't be able to return it for this, but if it breaks I'll be firstly extremely disappointed but then I assume they'll give me a new one.

I saw a friends one and her's had a horribly loose and rattling one!
    12-15-11 08:56 AM
    look out for more issues in build quality
    12-15-11 09:10 AM
    Is this a known issue with build quality?
    12-15-11 09:27 AM
    I've been playing with it all day and maybe it just had to be "broken in". It seems to "click" more and I can press it from any side and it does lock or unlock. Although the most satisfying click is when the button is pressed all/middle? I suppose this is where the contact point is?

I wouldn't be able to return it for this, but if it breaks I'll be firstly extremely disappointed but then I assume they'll give me a new one.

I saw a friends one and her's had a horribly loose and rattling one!
    Tell her to try alum.
    12-15-11 09:31 AM
    you can also lock the screen by pressing A (long press)
    Or press k(short press).
    12-15-11 03:23 PM
    I am going to call my network and see if they would exchange the device.
    12-15-11 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD