So hey everyone, i'm just sharing my experience with the "bricking issue"
    It happened to me with 2 phones, so i can understand the frustration of being bricked (the phone not me).

What actually happen is that i left the phone overnight and when i did "NOTTTT" wake up in the morning (due to a bricked alarm clock....).
    i was "wtf with my phone". tried to open it, battery pulled it, plug it in. nothing would work.

So i just wait until the end of the day to go to my favorite telus shop and when they plus it in. Poof! it went on.
    The morning after, same thing. so i return it for good and im temporarilly using a 9700 (btw nice phone...really)

This very morning, my gf 9900 did the same thing (well did not wake us up - alarmn clocked bricked). I was kinda pi$$ed. you know.

so i'm trying to replicate the exploit of the reviving the phone in the pm and confirm the hypothesis that the bricking issue is not permanent.

From my computer and electronic "expertise" (LOL expertise, just surfing pr0n), i'm thinking why the **** would it reboot after there were no current into it for a full day.
    so i remember my multiple attemp in saving my computer by flashing the bios. removing the battery so the condensator could empty their reserve and clear the ram.

could it be only a RAM clearing issue (therefore software) more than a hardware issue?
    12-16-11 07:38 AM
    12-16-11 07:47 AM
    The bios on the 9900 cannot be cleared. Reloading the OS usually refreshes the INITRD file that's loaded initially like on Linux that has the pre-boot instructions. Likely that gets corrupt.
    12-16-11 07:52 AM
    thanks for the heads up. so kinda confirm the software problem more than hardware. therefore can be fixed. anyone know if other os7 brick as well?
    12-16-11 09:11 AM
    thanks for the heads up. so kinda confirm the software problem more than hardware. therefore can be fixed. anyone know if other os7 brick as well?
    Yes, there are quite a few "bricked" threads in the Torch 9860/9850 forum.

Just keep in mind that there are way more 99xx out there, so we're going to see a lot more talk here...
    12-16-11 12:37 PM
    By chance do you both use bedside mode? Auto off and on? Seems like it something people only do/set their phone to do when they go to bed.
    12-16-11 12:44 PM
    hey. i'm not using bedmode

well mine brooke when i used on\off
    my gf's was just by her side of the bed. not plugged or into bedmode.
    12-18-11 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD