i am still running .374. i am thinking of trying the whole "wipe the device for better battery life" thing, but i have a question. if i just delete .374 from my computer and wipe the 9930, will the Desktop MGR automatically tell me there is an upgrade available, and that being 7.1?

i know it doesn't show it now since i am running an unofficial os. i am a sprint user running .374.

thanks for any help.
    02-19-12 10:06 PM
    no you need to dowload your favorite os and install it, delete vendors,
    if they are there., reboot and the os will show up.
    02-19-12 10:11 PM
    i am still running .374. i am thinking of trying the whole "wipe the device for better battery life" thing, but i have a question. if i just delete .374 from my computer and wipe the 9930, will the Desktop MGR automatically tell me there is an upgrade available, and that being 7.1?

i know it doesn't show it now since i am running an unofficial os. i am a sprint user running .374.

thanks for any help.
    If you were to uninstall 374 from your PC, you'd have to be sure that you got ALL of it. After uninstalling and then rebooting your PC, search your registry for any traces of the old BBOS. If you find any, delete them and reboot. Only then should you install the newest Sprint OS if you want to stay with the latest officially released version (7.1.0.163) from Sprint. Get it here: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...wseSoftware.do

After the OS installs to your PC, it will ask you if you want to start DM. Let DM start up and then just follow the directions.
    Last edited by Underway99; 02-19-12 at 10:29 PM.
    02-19-12 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD