Hey guys, with the recent popularity in the 9900 I've vowed to go the simple route and go back to my 9900 as my main device. I will also have my iPhone 6s Plus close by for family sharing stuff.

There are a few apps that I "have" to have on my every device and I was just wondering what apps you guys have that works? The only apps I'd like to have are Tapatalk, Amazon, Pandora and MLB. I'm hoping there are apps for these and/or work arounds.

Can you guys make a list of your working apps and how they're working out for you? Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 10:42 PM
    Yes, I want to know this as well, before I actually commit. List of truly working apps on 9900 and/or 9810.
    06-02-16 12:16 AM
    If you get a Bold with Pandora or even better Apollo installed already, they work great. getting them if they are not present was a problem for me, though.

If you have Slacker it will only work if you are a paying subscriber now, but it works like a dream, still!

I use a few music apps, even play music through weblinks on the Bold, as well as talk shows. I have IMAP email on it still even with moving the simcard to the Q10 recently.
    Lefty724 likes this.
    06-02-16 12:33 AM
    I have Apollo on my Classic and love it! No commercials and it's very easy to use. I could've swore I had a Pandora app on my 9900 before it took a crap? We'll see?

I'd also like to know about Amazon, eBay, FastTube, Tapatalk, etc..apps on the 9900?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 12:46 AM
    Does Evernote still work? Is it available as one of the default apps, or does one needs to download it? Is it still available in BlackBerry World for BBOS7?
    06-02-16 12:08 PM
    I have Apollo on my Classic and love it! No commercials and it's very easy to use. I could've swore I had a Pandora app on my 9900 before it took a crap? We'll see?

I'd also like to know about Amazon, eBay, FastTube, Tapatalk, etc..apps on the 9900?

Posted via CB10
    Evernote no longer works.
    Tapatalk - works
    EBay - works (I don't use, so don't know the details)
    Amazon - if you talk about ebook reader works(if shop, etc. I don't know)
    FastTube - no longer youtube app works
    Lefty724 likes this.
    06-02-16 01:21 PM
    Evernote no longer works.
    Ay....
    Thank you for answering.
    06-02-16 01:28 PM
    Awesome! Sitting here by the door waiting for my new to me 9900 lol! Can't wait.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 03:01 PM
    Whatsapp still works.

Facebook is just a link to the mobile site now.

Shazaam works

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-02-16 03:05 PM
    Client of instagram works well
    Linkendin works
    Weather trax free works,
    Traffic monitor for blackberry works.
    Whatsapp works
    Twitter works
    UC Browser works and facebook app older version v.4.3.0.12 works well on my BlackBerry Bold 9900
    06-02-16 04:48 PM
    Whatsapp still works.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Does dropping bb10 mean they will also drop BBOS?
    06-02-16 05:46 PM
    can anyone recommend a good call blocker app?? One that reliably blocks and is preferably FREE

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-02-16 06:57 PM
    Does anyone else have issues setting up Kakao Talk app? When it says it's sending me an SMS verification code it doesn't send it, have they announced they are stopping blackberry services?

07-26-16 07:39 AM
    Does anyone else have issues setting up Kakao Talk app? When it says it's sending me an SMS verification code it doesn't send it, have they announced they are stopping blackberry services?

what are the comments/reviews saying for the app in App World? I find these give pretty good insight sometimes.

07-26-16 04:02 PM
    what are the comments/reviews saying for the app in App World? I find these give pretty good insight sometimes.

I emailed them directly and they told me that since the release of OS10 the app was incompatible and they suggested users to sideload the app and they also said they have stopped support. Ive been searching the app store for different chat apps, two successful installations were WeChat and Line, both main contacts are using these apps so when whatsapp stops i can continue talking with my main contacts

07-27-16 03:53 AM
    The following thread is a good read and resource for those using 9900 devices: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-list-1075860/ �*ably maintained by Shuswap
    Please let Shuswap know if there are other apps to add (or remove) from the 'working' lists
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    07-27-16 07:45 AM
    Would REALLY like to know if any of you actually did this Whatsapp update?? I just want to make sure there were no after effects or issues afterwards. After the FB fiasco I still have a hard time trusting updates on 0S7, and rightfully so.

I realize there aren't many updates for our 0S7 devices but for the few we get I really like to compare notes so we can continue effectively using these devices.

Attached Thumbnails List of working apps on 9900?-tapaupload0.jpg  
    07-28-16 04:47 PM
    Would REALLY like to know if any of you actually did this Whatsapp update?? I just want to make sure there were no after effects or issues afterwards. After the FB fiasco I still have a hard time trusting updates on 0S7, and rightfully so.

I realize there aren't many updates for our 0S7 devices but for the few we get I really like to compare notes so we can continue effectively using these devices.

I'm safe in the knowledge that they have said they will still offer support until December and if they went back on their word it would be very bad for their image because their support revoking doesn't just involve blackberry users. And i'm pretty sure there will be more updates over the next few months, however i will be wary of a December update. I did download this app this morning and it seems to be working fine, i'm able to send messages etc, it should be fine for you to download, you could also save the current whatsapp version onto your laptop in case anything happens?

07-28-16 04:56 PM
    I'm safe in the knowledge that they have said they will still offer support until December and if they went back on their word it would be very bad for their image because their support revoking doesn't just involve blackberry users. And i'm pretty sure there will be more updates over the next few months, however i will be wary of a December update. I did download this app this morning and it seems to be working fine, i'm able to send messages etc, it should be fine for you to download, you could also save the current whatsapp version onto your laptop in case anything happens?

thats all I wanted to know and thanks! No I got rid of my laptop and desktop years ago, just an ipad and the phones.

I'll update the app

07-28-16 06:00 PM

If you have access to a computer, you could back up your existing app with BBSAK and then try the new one. At least then you'd have the option to go back.
    07-28-16 06:27 PM
    thats all I wanted to know and thanks! No I got rid of my laptop and desktop years ago, just an ipad and the phones.

I'll update the app

Oh wow i couldn't imagine getting rid of my laptop haha, my other laptop stopped working a few weeks ago and the money i was gonna spend on the P9981 had to be used on the new laptop.

07-28-16 06:29 PM
    Oh wow i couldn't imagine getting rid of my laptop haha, my other laptop stopped working a few weeks ago and the money i was gonna spend on the P9981 had to be used on the new laptop.

Well the viruses from Limewire kinda took care of my PC for me, along with the 800 songs I had on my then Nokia C3 phone.
    07-28-16 08:21 PM
    I have 2.16.57 - i think the newest update and it works normal.
    07-29-16 02:23 AM
    Just want to say there is an awesome One Touch Flashlight app from 2016 from The Jared Company, called "One Touch Flashlight." Its just over 300mb's and all you do is click the app icon and the light comes on.

10-02-16 04:36 AM
    Does it have any ads built in? Or something like that which couse using a bit less comfortable?
    10-03-16 12:17 AM
34 12