Hi.

I've just swapped UberSocial for Twitter for BlackBerry because of the instant notifications, but can't seem to find the setting which automatically sends my tweets through to Facebook as status updates. Is that not something which Twitter for BlackBerry does, or am I just being dim?

(I have searched this, but couldn't find an answer. Apologies if I've missed one.)

03-13-12 07:38 AM
    I think you can do it if you sign up to BB Beta Zone and download the versions of FB & Twitter on there.
    03-13-12 08:17 AM
    And I still struggle to think why UberSocial haven't come up with a way of getting the instant notifications, poor.
    03-13-12 08:18 AM
    I have the versions - I just want to link them, so when I tweet it comes up on Facebook, as with UberSocial...
    03-13-12 08:37 AM
    If not wrong you can do this on Twitter website settings. There must be an option, when selected, all tweets, no matter of the source (UberSocial, BB Twitter app, etc), goes as status updates on FaceBook
    bigbamboo likes this.
    03-13-12 08:45 AM
    I remember having no issues with UberSocial (with respect to instant notifications), I just found the app way too big. If anything, you can link your Twitter/FB account so that any changes in one are reflected in the other. Not sure if that would translate to tweets being used at updates on FB or not.
    03-13-12 10:50 AM
    If not wrong you can do this on Twitter website settings. There must be an option, when selected, all tweets, no matter of the source (UberSocial, BB Twitter app, etc), goes as status updates on FaceBook
    That is true. I set my friends accounts up like that and she has the original FB for BB and Twitter for BB and it works perfectly. I don't think there is a setting on Twitter for BB to set this up, I think it can only be done on a computer on the twitter web site.
    Last edited by tlbruce1969; 06-16-12 at 05:56 PM.
    bigbamboo likes this.
    03-13-12 10:51 AM
    There is a setting/app/add-on....... from within facebook and on twitter that accomplishes what you want as has been mentioned above..

I had the same issue.... but stepped up a notch.... I was trying to get tweets to facebook "Pages" (pages where I am the 'admin'). I could get twitter on my personal facebook but had trouble getting them to the 'admin' Pages.

SocialScope:
    This is the easiest and best solution I found. No need for settings on facebook or twitter. Here's what I have:
    1 - Personal Facebook Page
    2 - Facebook Admin page 1
    3 - Facebook Admin page 2
    4 - Twitter
    I can do a status update in SocialScope and post it to one, all, or any combination of 2 or 3 of the above. Simple as checking where you want it to post on the status update window. Also, monitoring of the listed social media items is pretty adequate as well with SocialScope (but I like it specifically for control of status updates).

Certainly if you can accoumplish what you need without another app... I would do that using some of the suggestions above.

But for me....... SocialScope is the only solution I found for my need.

Except .... TweetDeck:
    TweetDeck is only available for Android/iOS but they do have a great Desktop Client that works great. It works like mentioned above (similar to SocialScope) and allows you to set where you want updates to post. But, the BB version that they've been working on for a year is still not available. But ..... Desktop version is still great.

Hope this helps someone!!
    Last edited by duckduke; 03-13-12 at 03:36 PM.
    03-13-12 03:32 PM
    The Twitter accounts setting on the site can do this for you. Also SocialFeed app by RIM has the option of posting your comments on Facebook, Twitter and BBM.
    03-13-12 06:14 PM
    The Twitter accounts setting on the site can do this for you. Also SocialFeed app by RIM has the option of posting your comments on Facebook, Twitter and BBM.
    Social Feeds is the way to go. I used to use the "automatic" setting on Twitter, but realized I didn't "always" want to cross post. I now use Social Feeds and check the boxes I want. Social feeds will now also shorten links.

I have noticed now though, that sometimes there's a bug with facebook posting. It always gets to Twitter, but about half the time it gets stuck "sending" to facebook. Not sure if that's a 7.1 thing. Also have't tried it since I moved to facebook 3.0.0.9 today.
    03-13-12 06:24 PM
    Social Feeds is the way to go. I used to use the "automatic" setting on Twitter, but realized I didn't "always" want to cross post. I now use Social Feeds and check the boxes I want. Social feeds will now also shorten links.

I have noticed now though, that sometimes there's a bug with facebook posting. It always gets to Twitter, but about half the time it gets stuck "sending" to facebook. Not sure if that's a 7.1 thing. Also have't tried it since I moved to facebook 3.0.0.9 today.
    Could be a new Facebook app issue because I don't have that issue and I use the current official FB app.
    03-13-12 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD