Hi All,

Just swapped from a 900o to 9900 and have a question about the browser display.

Some sites, like News1130, doesn't display properly.

On my old 9000, there was optins to have a default view set to page instead of column.

How do i set that on the 9900?

Edit: the browser on OS7 seems like a step backwards from the OS5 browser.
    Last edited by narci; 11-19-11 at 01:06 AM.
    11-19-11 12:44 AM
    your os 7 browser is much better than os 5

but, for the site you are referring to - i agree, looks awful

good news is, you can download their new app, right off their hopepage, link takes you right to app world

try that out, hope it helps you
    11-19-11 01:28 AM
    your playbook would load their website best though, obviously, lol
    11-19-11 01:38 AM
    unfortunately, this news1130 page auto redirects to their "mobile view" and the column is gross

there is no option to change the view to column or page
    11-19-11 01:41 AM
    So it's not just me.

news 1130 displays perfectly fine on OS5. Actually all webpages displays fine including crackberry. on OS7, m.crackberry forums, the font is soooo small

*sigh*
    11-19-11 10:21 AM
    So it's not just me.

news 1130 displays perfectly fine on OS5. Actually all webpages displays fine including crackberry. on OS7, m.crackberry forums, the font is soooo small

*sigh*
    Just select browser shortcuts from your browsers options then hit the letter I three times or double tap twice and press I once and I guarantee the fonts will be big enough. The double tap will zoom and reformat (fit to screen) the I zooms, O zooms out. I use each one individually or in combination depending on the website I am viewing. There are a lot of choices in these Bolds, everyone should be able to get what they need with so many possibilities. Happy hunting!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-11 12:21 PM
    I zoom but the forums won't fit to screen. I have to scroll left and right to read everything if I zoom.

How do I fi t to screen?

11-19-11 12:41 PM
    I zoom but the forums won't fit to screen. I have to scroll left and right to read everything if I zoom.

How do I fi t to screen?
    Use the magnifying glass cursor. Centre it over the text and press your trackpad. This will zoom in and text-wrap everything so it fits on the page. If the text is still too small for you, then increase the size from your browser options.

Column View has long gone... so get used to this method.

11-19-11 12:44 PM
    Use the magnifying glass cursor. Centre it over the text and press your trackpad. This will zoom in and text-wrap everything so it fits on the page. If the text is still too small for you, then increase the size from your browser options.

Column View has long gone... so get used to this method.

I did try zooming but still won't wrap the text. I still have to scroll left and right to read posts.

Argh...what am I doing wrong?

11-19-11 02:23 PM
    I did try zooming but still won't wrap the text. I still have to scroll left and right to read posts.

Argh...what am I doing wrong?
    Center the magnifying glass icon over a block of text, then press your trackpad.

Works fine, but does take a little practice.
    11-19-11 02:27 PM
    Center the magnifying glass icon over a block of text, then press your trackpad.

Works fine, but does take a little practice.
    Omg thank you so much Phil. I had to up the text size and now it works.

Again, thank you sooooooooo much!

11-19-11 02:44 PM
    Or just drag it over with your finger. Its a touchscreen for gawds sake!

11-19-11 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD