When I went from my 9800 to my 9930 I had to adjust to the screen size. At first, I felt like the screen was too small. I was spoiled with the torch's screen size. But after months of use, the screen size was more than enough. I just needed time to adjust. The slide function of the torch got on my nerves. I hated having to slide open the device to use it. It was one extra step that eventually irritated me after months of ownership. The slide function was pretty cool at first though. I like grabbing my bold and just crunching out my message when stopped at a red light. I love the bold form factor. classic BB. the keyboard is so much better on the 9930. the torch keys were kinda small. plus, the 9930's keyboard is very soft and cushy. like typing on marshmallows. the torch keys are kinda firm.

anyway. thats from my experience with these devices.
    DeColores and alwaysleah like this.
    02-11-12 09:11 AM
    Dislikes:

1. No convience key on the leftside which is a pain.

2. Doesn't multitask as well, it has a good processor no denying that however if your downloading an app as well as navigating through the pone quickly, you get the odd clockwork.

3. The speaker is at the back which is not a problem but if you lay the phone down its a bit distorted. It would have been good to see the speaker at the side.

4. Not all apps are compatible with the touch screen, so you have to end up using the trackpad more.

5. the back of the phone should have been leather, the pastic back tends to scratch alot

1. The speaker is loud.

2. The phone is responsive

3. Very good battery life (Using OS 7.1.0.285)

4. Quick browsing

5. Feels good in the hand
    alwaysleah likes this.
    02-11-12 10:11 AM
    Dislikes:

1. No convience key on the leftside which is a pain.

2. Doesn't multitask as well, it has a good processor no denying that however if your downloading an app as well as navigating through the pone quickly, you get the odd clockwork.

3. The speaker is at the back which is not a problem but if you lay the phone down its a bit distorted. It would have been good to see the speaker at the side.

4. Not all apps are compatible with the touch screen, so you have to end up using the trackpad more.

5. the back of the phone should have been leather, the pastic back tends to scratch alot

1. The speaker is loud.

2. The phone is responsive

3. Very good battery life (Using OS 7.1.0.285)

4. Quick browsing

5. Feels good in the hand

Just a few pointers they do make a leather battery back for it, I think its around $10 and also like I stated before quicklaunch more than makes up for the lack of left side convience key. The multitasking I'm not sure I understand? You mean when downloading an app? That has always crippled blackberry's lol
    I find with the touch screen I can multitask a lot faster but that's just me

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    02-11-12 04:35 PM
    I totally love that phone for its keyboard/touchscreen/trackpack combo, its reliability in everything it does, how easy it synchronises with Outlook, how clever it is at organising contacts, etc. The only thing that annoys me is those volumes buttons on the side when one takes it out of its sleeve.
    02-11-12 04:57 PM
    Needs a bigger screen.

Needs a bigger battery, what phone doesn't?

Needs the stereo speakers and bass unit used in the 9000, no one gives a flying �@#% how thick it is.

A solution to the "JAVA PROBLEM" in the browser would be nice.

Needs a "Strap Anchor" like the 9000 had.

Needs better quality control on the navigation keys and trackpad.

Oh, Yeah, almost forgot, Auto Focus Camera.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 02-11-12 at 05:08 PM.
    02-11-12 05:05 PM
    So, I finally received my phone. Is it me or does the keyboard make a lot more noise than usual? I was always attracted to the Bold versus the Curve for this particular reason. I find that typing on the Curve makes a lot more noise than the Bold.
    02-15-12 09:38 PM
    Coming from a 9700, I share the likes of everybody and I have no dislikes. That's right, zero. Maybe the lag I occasionally get in the browser, which is due to animations or javascript, but that's the websites being mean to my beloved berry. I have an extended battery, stock jm1 and external charger, I haven't had battery life issues, maybe only a few times. OS 7 is by far, very rock solid and stable.
    02-16-12 05:06 AM
    So, my phone keeps restarting on its own. Is this happening to anyone else?
    02-18-12 05:00 PM
    What version of OS 7 or 7.1 are you using? Have you tried booting it in safe mode? (Battery pull or alt-shift-del) and holding the back button until the carrier splash screen is displayed. It could be a bad app or theme, if any.
    alwaysleah likes this.
    02-18-12 08:51 PM
    Overall I love the phone but do have the following minor dislikes:

Lack Of:
    1. Auto-Focus on camera (prob just need to adjust usage to get the hang of it)
    2. OS7 themes (to date)
    3. 2nd Convenience Key (will just readjust to using Menu key)

This is totally random but I also don't like how when using the Smilies menu in BBM the window the pop-up is so large you can't see all the selections on screen and need to scroll for the full listing.

All very minor issues.
    alwaysleah likes this.
    02-19-12 08:07 AM
    Love this phone. Of course, almost goes without saying, the keyboard is KING.

There are only a couple of things I don't like....the nuking I've experienced on two out of three OS 7 devices I have (three nukings in two 9930s and one in my 9810, none on my 9860) and the lack of autofocus. That latter issue I can get around with a small point and shoot, but that's an excuse for something that RIM should not have left out of this device.

As far as one pet peeve I had....now that themes are coming in, I'm pretty much over the moon.

It was a rough start, but that's what I expect out of being an early adopter. The OS seems to have matured with subsequent releases.
    alwaysleah likes this.
    02-19-12 09:35 AM

As far as one pet peeve I had....now that themes are coming in, I'm pretty much over the moon.....
    Can I ask what you are using for themes now? I'm feeling so lost without my Hedone, Elecite or Cocky Culture themes.
    02-19-12 10:56 AM
    I wanted a 9000 with more memory. I got a 9000 with more memory. Still miss the trackball though.
    02-19-12 11:13 AM
    The only thing I'm not liking is the touchscreen.

Before I get lynched for buying the 9900, a touchscreen handset, let me say that this phone is the nearest I can get to my old favourite 9000 in an updated form.
    02-19-12 11:14 AM
    Happens to me but only started recently! Need a quick fix ASAP. I noticed this happened right after I tried to back up my phone on the DM. Running .261 here and I'm stuck 'cuz DM won't allow me to update.
    alwaysleah likes this.
    02-19-12 11:18 AM
    Can I ask what you are using for themes now? I'm feeling so lost without my Hedone, Elecite or Cocky Culture themes.
    Several!!!! I've bought a whole bunch of them since they've come out. My favourite one right now is Seven Point Five.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...remium-695004/

I LOVE it!!!! Very clean design. I have a picture as my wallpaper and it really allows the wallpaper to come through since the top banner is so tiny.

Aside from that one I've bought several.
    NellieRose likes this.
    02-19-12 11:37 AM
    durability (Rocking naked and not one scratch)
    Speaker
    came with case and earbuds. (May be small to some but previous phones didnt)
    Its not as popular as some other phones. I like being different

Dislikes
    reboot needed a lot (freezing)
    Pinch to zoom sometimes doesnt work
    Browser a little slower than my past phones
    struggles with media usage (some sites and videos and emails)
    apps apps and apps
    alwaysleah likes this.
    02-19-12 01:04 PM
    What version of OS 7 or 7.1 are you using? Have you tried booting it in safe mode? (Battery pull or alt-shift-del) and holding the back button until the carrier splash screen is displayed. It could be a bad app or theme, if any.
    I'm using 7.0 Bundle 2406 (v7.0.0.585, Platform 5.0.0.734). I have tried almost everything.
    02-19-12 02:53 PM
    I sometimes wonder what RIM in thinking. Like seriously, how can autofocus be left out. That is such a dumb move. Makes me miss my 9780 so much.

Wonder if a software upgrade could incorporate this feature. Please RIM, think.!
    02-19-12 02:57 PM
    Pretty much the Bold has been working good no real problems. I have few issues with the bold than the android devices I have had. Granted its not as fast as I want it but good enough I don't need a battery hog. As far as improving on the bold a 8mp camera with auto focus and flash would help.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    alwaysleah likes this.
    02-19-12 02:59 PM
    love the phone, but the lack of a theme builder makes me mad everytime i look at the home screen. i personally think the home screen is way too cluttered and the font is too big.

Is anyone with Rogers? Does anyone know when OS 7.1 will be available?
    i was told possibly by may. just update without a rogers released OS. thats what i did and am glad i did
    alwaysleah likes this.
    02-19-12 09:43 PM
    i was told possibly by may. just update without a rogers released OS. thats what i did and am glad i did
    I guess I'll wait. I'm afraid to download the unofficial version. I'm already having issues with my phone and it's not even a week old yet. My phone keeps restarting on its own.
    02-20-12 09:12 PM
    I guess I'll wait. I'm afraid to download the unofficial version. I'm already having issues with my phone and it's not even a week old yet. My phone keeps restarting on its own.
    I just installed the leaked OS .267 last night. At first I was reluctant, but thought, hey what the heck. My reception seems to be better along with battery life.
    alwaysleah likes this.
    02-20-12 09:53 PM
    I dislike the pouch, pretty intensely. One day it's going to fly out of there when I'm pulling hard to get it out and I'll drop it.
    02-20-12 11:30 PM
    I dislike the pouch, pretty intensely. One day it's going to fly out of there when I'm pulling hard to get it out and I'll drop it.
    which pouch do you have? the one that has the belt clip?
    02-21-12 03:17 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD