I have been looking at the threads associated with replacement battery doors but couldn't really discern the gripyness of the replacements.

What I would like to ask those of you that have replaced your carbon fiber looking battery door with a rubber or leather or "softer" battery door, how do you like it and which one did you use? And does it have the NFC in it?

One of the things I am discovering I miss most about my 9700 was the uncanny ability to stay where I left it. Even on a dashboard, my lap, or where ever I placed it, it just sort of stuck and stayed put. I would like to get a battery door that does the same for my 9900.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Chad
    12-11-11 03:24 PM
    12-11-11 04:35 PM
    Has anyone bought one of these and actually knows if it fits correctly or looks good??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-11 04:52 PM
    If some positive feedback was provided for this door, I'd definitely get one!! Looks good.
    12-11-11 05:50 PM
    Thanks byul, I look forward to hearing your review.

rayzian, that is the very same one that started me thinking about getting a leather door! Wish I knew more about it.

Thanks,
    Chad
    12-11-11 07:09 PM
    i got the black leather door, its going to be shipped soon, will report. I was reading something about the blackberry doors that they are designed for better reception and signal, also i noticed in the battery door there is one copper rod on the top right and left side, maybe they help with reception. We'll see.
    12-12-11 04:40 PM
    I've been searching for a replacement door...preferably coated in the same rubberized "soft touch" paint as covers the rear bezel...

But, this leather one might be the best out there.

Please let us know how it is when you get it, aazidane!
    12-12-11 08:37 PM
    You could just get a screen protector material to cover it.
    12-12-11 08:49 PM
    nothing beats the original leather battery doors.don't know why rim abandoned them.
    12-13-11 02:01 AM
    Considering buying one. Does the NFC antenna work though?
    12-13-11 03:10 AM
    Considering buying one. Does the NFC antenna work though?
    ^^^That!^^^
    12-13-11 06:56 AM
    i just bought a best skins for the battery door and the bottom chin piece, it works great with giving enough grip, i LOVE the faux CF look...
    12-13-11 08:52 AM
    I like the look of the leather just as it was the same for my 9700 and 9780, but I like the look of the carbon fiber on my 9900 even more. I don't leave it on surfaces with a slope so I don't need an anti-slip/less slippery battery door.
    12-13-11 12:17 PM
    Your other option is always a silicone case, but I can't use a case since I use the charging pod.
    12-13-11 12:19 PM
    Happy New Year everyone. Did anyone ever get their battery door? How'd it work out for grip? I just received 2 cheapo cases from Fleabay and while both were touted as rubberized, they just aren't very grippy. They are sort of rubberized but just not sticky or whatever. One is a hard case and one is a rubber skin. HERE is the link for the skin I bought and I got the rubberized hard case from the same guy. For extremely inexpensive items both seem to be of ok quality but just not very sticky. Although the skin is a little loose fitting on the phone. Not selling them, just sharing what I bought.

I do want something grippyer though.

Tell us about those rubber battery doors.

Thanks,
    Chad
    01-05-12 02:48 PM
    Happy New Year everyone. Did anyone ever get their battery door? How'd it work out for grip? I just received 2 cheapo cases from Fleabay and while both were touted as rubberized, they just aren't very grippy. They are sort of rubberized but just not sticky or whatever. One is a hard case and one is a rubber skin. HERE is the link for the skin I bought and I got the rubberized hard case from the same guy. For extremely inexpensive items both seem to be of ok quality but just not very sticky. Although the skin is a little loose fitting on the phone. Not selling them, just sharing what I bought.

Thanks,
    Chad

I got one of those 6 colors leather battery door from eBay and it works, it is much easier to grip. It is almost like my old 9700.
    01-05-12 03:54 PM
    Thank Danny, very cool. Does it stick wherever you lay it down too? Like my old 9700 would not slide around at all on the dash or seat or whatever. How does it do?

Thanks,
    Chad
    01-05-12 04:00 PM
    Thank Danny, very cool. Does it stick wherever you lay it down too? Like my old 9700 would not slide around at all on the dash or seat or whatever. How does it do?

Thanks,
    Chad
    It is not as good as the 9700 but it's much better.
    01-05-12 06:27 PM
    FYI the real battery door, is real carbon fiber. I'm nearly 100% certain. And it looks far classier than leather or plastic.
    01-05-12 07:57 PM

Thanks,
    Chad
    This CB'er made a mini review with pics
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=678327

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~
    01-05-12 11:53 PM
    FYI the real battery door, is real carbon fiber. I'm nearly 100% certain. And it looks far classier than leather or plastic.
    It's a "glass composite material" according to Kevin's review.
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-bold-9900-review
    I remember reading something about real carbon fiber not playing nicely with radio signals.

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~
    01-05-12 11:56 PM
    I want a door that is same material as the rubber sides which is same as Playbook back.
    01-06-12 09:04 AM
    Oi know I replied again to this damn thread, but its not showing up. Carbon fiber is used in high end rc helo's and airplanes, so I'm guessing it doesn't impact rf much. If u hold the battery door up 2 the light, you can see that it has the strands going all the way thru it, just like cf. I'm nearly 100% its carbon fiber in these.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-12 01:36 PM
    NOT! Looks like a teenagers car with a CF hood. Too fast Too furious. And phone won't stay put when you put it down. Rubberized or faux leather would be way better. IMO

Thanks,
    Chad
    01-10-12 04:51 PM
    I've sworn by these for last 6 years. They're awesome. Have great grip, last years even when putting in pocket or holster. Really a great product. And no residue when you take off. Use to be called e-grips now called gecko grips. I just got an 9900. I had an extra set for my old 8900 and the battery door fit almost perfectly width wise on the 9900. You can cut with scissors but if happen to have a slide type paper cutter(very sharp) that works best. Can also get in sheets and cut to fit. Also check out site, great deals on old blackberry model kits... the 8900 i mentioned is $4.49. attaching a view of it on iphone since that was the one that best showed it on site. I use to buy these at comp usa but since they changed to tiger, i haven't seen them in any retail outlet.

GeckoStrips� powered by egrips� Technology
    01-11-12 04:30 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD