Any legitimate higher capacity batteries available for BB9900 yet? Not talking about those fake stuff on eBay.

I am looking to get the SAME SIZE battery that is 1400-1500mAH! I need that extra 15-20% to make it through the day on ALL days (with .540 I can make it only on light use days, while med-high usage, I still drain by late afternoon)!
    11-30-11 08:33 PM
    There is a legit 3500 on Amazon. Just search there for 9900 extended battery. But it comes with a new back cover. It also didn't state if it was NFC ready.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-11 08:38 PM
    Why not just carry an extra battery?
    11-30-11 08:42 PM
    Any legitimate higher capacity batteries available for BB9900 yet? Not talking about those fake stuff on eBay.

I am looking to get the SAME SIZE battery that is 1400-1500mAH! I need that extra 15-20% to make it through the day on ALL days (with .540 I can make it only on light use days, while med-high usage, I still drain by late afternoon)!
    I have a "legitimate" fake 1500 mAh eBay battery, it is slightly thicker but fits and it does give me an extra 15% - 20%. I don't think you have much to lose considering the cost.
    11-30-11 09:29 PM
    I would suggest that you just get an extra standard OEM battery...I've seen and experience some bad stuff using cheap after-market batteries
    11-30-11 09:47 PM
    At this time, there are almost no good company that makes good batteries for this berry. So, I would hold on for a bit until a reputable company comes up with a solution.
    11-30-11 10:05 PM
    I had a very good experience with low cost extended batteries on my bold 9700, I would wait a bit more, or a year, before the cost gets lower. Stick with the sellers on ebay with the best feedback ratings, ie. 95-100%. That way, you'll be able to read the feedback and reviews. I'm waiting 6-12 more months before I fatten up my 9900. I don't like it slim, it's wayyy too thin for me. Feels like 10-15 stacked credit cards, or two floppy disks. If it's thicker, it's easier to handle.

Summery: Best recommendation, stick with free shipping, 95-100% feedback, or low-shipping (less than $5), including lower price. $12-15 is nominal.
    11-30-11 11:10 PM
    Thanks, I am still not sold on eBay stuff, even if they got good rating. Anything out of non-name China companies is at least fake mAH, or worse could be defective or ruin your phone.

I guess gotto wait for reputable brands to come up with a slightly better capacity battery. I am still BAFFLED WHY RIM screwed this one up! they could have easily made a 1500mah battery with very little added thickness, a full-day use is more important to 95% of the users than 1mm of thickness!
    11-30-11 11:37 PM
    Try 1850mAh from Welcome to Sunglobal Official Website. It should work well.
    12-01-11 01:21 AM
    I really wish RIM makes 1650 mAh batteries and gives it free to all 9900 owners . Wonder why they cant do that
    12-01-11 01:46 AM
    What currency is that.....?
    12-01-11 03:32 AM
    What currency is that.....?
    Malaysian Ringgit

Are their batteries actually good or cheap fake stuff?
    12-01-11 04:06 AM
    Well it's hard to say, nowadays many fake and real stuff looks alike!
    And many " real " stuffs are though even china brand.
    Many things come from china and some are quite good quality or just good!
    It's just still for people to be seeing an hit or miss, that could depend on brand and many more.
    But not everything is bad when it's made in china..
    I have many stuffs from china and they are even better then some of the stuff i got from europe or usa made.
    What I meant is "no-name" Made in China stuff on eBay. Yes, when they have an American/European quality control they are ok as they try to ensure their products are actually what they claim to be not to tarnish the brand, while a no-name has basically NO NAME to tarnish! There is NO secret 80% of counterfit and fraudulant products come from China (stats by US customs)...

Anyhow, I guess gotto wait for a larger capacity battery by a reputable company that fits inside the existing case! Eventhough the crap chinese batteries on eBay are very cheap, I am not gonna just *try one* since I don't wanna fund/support them in anyway what so ever!
    12-01-11 04:16 AM
    I don't believe it's possible to fit 1850mAh into the same size JM1. Have you actually tried it and got like 40% more battery?!
    12-01-11 04:21 AM
    Well it's hard to say, nowadays many fake and real stuff looks alike!
    And many " real " stuffs are though even china brand.
    Many things come from china and some are quite good quality or just good!
    It's just still for people to be seeing an hit or miss, that could depend on brand and many more.
    But not everything is bad when it's made in china..
    I have many stuffs from china and they are even better then some of the stuff i got from europe or usa made.
    Yes, too many people are too quick to dismiss Chinese made electronic products. Here is the perfect business. Buy those cheap eBay ones for $10, clone them and repackage them in a fancy package with lots of American flags then sell for $40 each.
    12-01-11 07:21 AM
    This is sad. It used to be that you NEVER had to worry about your battery with Blackberry. I remember many times I would forget to put my Blackberry on the charger before I went to bed and would still get through the next day without charging.

Now some have to charge twice in a day?
    12-01-11 07:45 AM
    This is sad. It used to be that you NEVER had to worry about your battery with Blackberry. I remember many times I would forget to put my Blackberry on the charger before I went to bed and would still get through the next day without charging.

Now some have to charge twice in a day?
    Device specs and performance are slightly ahead of battery technology now. We need battery tech to catch up.
    12-01-11 09:27 AM
    I'd love a better battery but I use a otterbox so that's out the question...smh
    12-01-11 09:41 AM
    Get an extra spare battery.
    I did, and I drained it, then full charged it. 3 4 times. After a week my battery was super. Now I am on .540 and with the extra battery i have i can get through a day with moderate to heavy usage. I still carry the spare battery, but I only used it once
    12-01-11 09:49 AM
    I can't believe what I'm reading! The fact that we're all complaining about battery life on a mobile device in this day and age. I honestly thought my I.T. guy was full of it when I asked for a replacement for my bricked 9000 and told him I wanted the 9900. He stated that "the guy at the phone store told me you'll notice a difference in the battery life"...can anyone spell "UNDERSTATEMENT"!!!! I never even gave battery life a second thought with the 9000, but this little freaking ion-pig 9900 is driving me up a wall. I've even had to order a second AC charger because you don't dare try to just plug it into your laptop's USB for a trickle charge, because it's not strong enough anymore... I am so utterly pissed at this new phone that I'd consider going back to find a new 9000 in some dusty old cell phone shop to replace it with. For the love of Pete, someone come out with a new battery that we can trust for this thing!!
    12-01-11 07:14 PM
    I can't believe what I'm reading! The fact that we're all complaining about battery life on a mobile device in this day and age. I honestly thought my I.T. guy was full of it when I asked for a replacement for my bricked 9000 and told him I wanted the 9900. He stated that "the guy at the phone store told me you'll notice a difference in the battery life"...can anyone spell "UNDERSTATEMENT"!!!! I never even gave battery life a second thought with the 9000, but this little freaking ion-pig 9900 is driving me up a wall. I've even had to order a second AC charger because you don't dare try to just plug it into your laptop's USB for a trickle charge, because it's not strong enough anymore... I am so utterly pissed at this new phone that I'd consider going back to find a new 9000 in some dusty old cell phone shop to replace it with. For the love of Pete, someone come out with a new battery that we can trust for this thing!!
    Search ebay for JM-1 extended battery, sort it by Price + Shipping: Lowest first. At the top, you'll find one that's priced at $13.84 USD ($14.14 CAD) from a trusted seller I got my 9700's two extended batteries from.
    Symo likes this.
    12-01-11 07:33 PM
    My original rim battery is also made in china. China doesn't mean bad!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-11 10:23 PM
    I have a "legitimate" fake 1500 mAh eBay battery, it is slightly thicker but fits and it does give me an extra 15% - 20%. I don't think you have much to lose considering the cost.
    I just got this one to, in the mail today and so far it looks like its much better then my original. I feel like its a new phone you deff notice a difference right away, nice to have that extra 15% battery
    12-01-11 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD