So u had the 9900 on T-Mobile. When I first got the phone the sales rep told me the 9900 sucks, I told him I like the keyboard and made my purchase. Great phone, perfect phone, twitter and email are perfect of course. I take it back because it bricked and the same rep says I told u so, long story short, I got pissed and cancelled the service.

Went to AT&T and went for an iPhone 4S. The iPhone is awesome, I've been back and forth a few times so I'm familiar with both iOS & BBOS so there are definitely pros and cons to each. The only thing the 9900 missed with is the crappy camera. The processor is snappy and they really smoothed out the entire OS, the browser is decent. I just miss it and was wondering if anyone else out there with their 4S feels the same
    NaijaBerry likes this.
    02-09-12 11:15 PM
    Thanks for helping me make up my mind, my friend has been trying to get me to convert and pick up a 4s, but i'm a physical qwerty kinda guy and i've read so many horror stories about the 9900, but looks like its the 9900 for me!
    02-09-12 11:51 PM
    Went to the iPhone 4s! Been missing my bold from the very first hour!

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=45.627033,-73.640145
    02-10-12 12:42 AM
    But can't afford to go back and Bell has terminated the 6gb plan. If I go back I go back to 1gb!

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=45.627089,-73.640323
    02-10-12 12:43 AM
    Hmm, I am still on the border with my 9900 and whether or not, I should simply go back to the iPhone...I really enjoy the features this 9900 has...Only thing that I really dislike is the battery life.
    02-10-12 02:57 AM
    The 4S is cool enough for right now I guess, and I set up my Google email as an exchange account and it's push so I guess I'll do iPad 3 and BB10 qwerty and touchscreen? *fingers crossed* hope RIM doesn't drag their feet with the QNX devices now that the Thorsten guy is in power
    02-10-12 11:41 AM
    I take it back because it bricked and the same rep says I told u so, long story short, I got pissed and cancelled the service.
    I love it when people whose salary is contingent upon commission are smug with a customer.
    02-10-12 12:27 PM
    Been back and forth from BB to iPhone more times than I can count...and just recently traded my 4S for another AT&T BB 9900, which should be in my hands within the hour! I really like the iPhone...but after I got an iPad2, my view of the phone changed completely. The iOS is smooth and flawless, but a bit boring after a while...so I'm going to dive into the world of BlackBerry and OS7 again...

I'm committed to giving it a couple of months instead of a couple of days like I have in the past. At least the OS7 is new ground to me, and might keep my interest for a bit.
    02-10-12 12:49 PM
    I can never seem to make up my mind between my 4S and the 9930. When I had the 3GS, it couldn't hold a candle to the BlackBerry I had at the time. Now, though, my daily driver is my 4S. But could I stay away from the 9930? Not at all. I was able to pick one up for $385 brand new and although I haven't even activated it yet, I'm at peace just having it. Granted, I do hate that it isn't getting any use. *goes to activate the 9930*
    02-10-12 01:30 PM
    I'm running both at the moment. The lack of an LED alert on the 4S is a big problem for me. I hate the primitive alert system on the 4S (relative to the oh so customizable LED on the 9900).
    02-10-12 01:36 PM
    I'm in the same boat! Used BBs for 4-5 years but always lusted after the iPhone.

Got the iPhone 4s on 10/14/11. It's an amazing media device, but for a while now mine has been giving me issues. Email crashing and delays of hours. Driving me nuts! Also not crazy about the touchscreen for typing. I've already been to the Apple store once for help and the phone is still acting up so I'm going back tomorrow. If they don't offer me a brand new one, I'm really stuck.

Been thinking about going back to BB and just can't decide. I do love the camera and screen size of the iPhone but messaging is important to me too!
    02-10-12 01:55 PM
    I'm presently of the conclusion that if messaging is 90%+ of your smartphone usage, BlackBerry beats iPhone. I am sure the iPhone does all sorts of interesting other tricks that my BB can't do as well, but I don't exactly crave those things. I demand top of the line messaging capabilities, however.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    02-10-12 02:09 PM
    I'm presently of the conclusion that if messaging is 90%+ of your smartphone usage, BlackBerry beats iPhone. I am sure the iPhone does all sorts of interesting other tricks that my BB can't do as well, but I don't exactly crave those things. I demand top of the line messaging capabilities, however.
    You're right!
    02-10-12 02:13 PM
    Exactly! I switched from Blackberry to iPhone and back to Blackberry because I realized that i use my phone primarily for messaging.

90% of the time im sending/receiving emails, texting, tweeting, and writing notes.

The other 10% is for phone calls, web browsing, and media.

The only thing I enjoyed about the iPhone was the selection of apps and the web browser.

I hated receiving my email 15min to over an hour later, no led notifications, typing on the touchscreen, and miserable battery life. I felt so unorganized with the iPhone. The calendar wasn't that great, and I couldn't tweak settings the way I wanted to.

Now that I have the 9930, I feel that I have the best of both worlds. The Bold covers my messaging needs, and the improved browser and basic apps covers my media needs. All while staying alive for 15hours and not 4hrs like the iPhone
    Last edited by shemaree09; 02-10-12 at 02:33 PM.
    02-10-12 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD