Hey guys. I've decided to leave my iphone for a bold 9900. I'm picking up a used one today. Is there anything in particular I should go through on the device other than the basics? Have there been issues that may not be noticeable at first glance?
    02-19-13 08:01 AM
    The basics should cover you pretty well. There have been reported issues but in my family we have a pair of 9900s (one early and one later) both of which are fine devices. The pair are likely to remain our primary phones for a good bit of time yet.

Welcome to the 9900 club. Enjoy.
    02-19-13 08:06 AM
    Perform a device OS update before you start loading your apps, etc.
    southlander and decoy7 like this.
    02-19-13 08:18 AM
    It should be pretty easy to get use to just be ready to give up a lot of apps for an amazing keyboard

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Support your local paramedics...Run with scissors.
    02-19-13 08:25 AM
    If your into throwing paper into trash, birds at pigs, and knowing which one of your family members MAY be an emu........youll be slightly disappointed. However if you want something that can have DOD standard encryption, Handle 20 email accounts, Pay for your purchases by swiping your phone, has the best keyboard known to man, and less crashes than Iphone or droid. You will be amazingly surprised

I ditched my 4s for my 9930 and i have not regretted it for one moment.
    bb624, BBKrzy, CerveloJohn and 3 others like this.
    02-19-13 08:52 AM
    I went to the AT&T store yesterday and switched back to my unlocked Bold 9930 from an iPhone 5. The store clerk gave me a strange look, but he just doesn't get it.
    bb624, dosto, southlander and 5 others like this.
    02-19-13 05:09 PM
    I went to the AT&T store yesterday and switched back to my unlocked Bold 9930 from an iPhone 5. The store clerk gave me a strange look, but he just doesn't get it.
    Think thats bad, i went to the Verizon store to get my 9930. And when i inquired about it was told "there is no touch screen bold, blackberry doesnt exist anymore" lmao
    02-19-13 06:09 PM
    when i sold my galaxy note then buy bold 9900 that saleperson was looking at me but he dont know that's the real reason behind it
    02-20-13 12:04 AM
    I did the same thing yesterday, from SIII to 9900. She looked at me weird to until i told her all the problems i was having. She admitted that the SIII had some issues
    02-20-13 02:08 PM
    welcome to the club, where bells & whistles doesn't matter. i sold my galaxy note for a torch 9810 as a second BB next to my 9900, feels like home...
    02-21-13 09:31 AM
    I have been using BlackBerry terminals since 2007. (Pearl, Curve (a couple of different models), Bold 9000, 9700, 9780, 9900)

In between models I have felt a need to be "modern", and have tried iPhone 3G, HTC Desire, Galaxy S, Galaxy SII, Galaxy Nexus, iPhone 4 and iPhone 5. Not any of them lasted me more than a few weeks, some of them only days, before they either went as gifts to family members or were sold.

Why: keyboard, build quality, keyboard, best e-mail support, keyboard, build quality, keyboard.

Conclusion: I shall hang on to my 9900 until Q10 is ready and stable. A BB terminal is a professional tool for my business. For Facebook and YouTube I have an iPad mini.
    dosto, Legal Eagle and FrycHiKn like this.
    02-21-13 12:16 PM
    Think thats bad, i went to the Verizon store to get my 9930. And when i inquired about it was told "there is no touch screen bold, blackberry doesnt exist anymore" lmao
    Sadly, my local Verizon store told me they haven't had any 9930's in stock for months, and don't expect to receive any more
    02-21-13 12:26 PM
    Welcome to the 9900 users section. Most of the real issues that the 9900 had were resolved when releasing the 7.1 os.

Just keep an eye on the memory. If it gets too low your phone may start to get the spinning clock a lot. Just pull the battery and you will be back up and running like new.

Sent from my game boy color
    02-21-13 04:22 PM
    I think I am ditching my iPhone 5 tomorrow for the 9900. I am so excited to go back. I started out with a Pearl, then a Curve and a 9900. Moved to iPhone (3GS, 4, 5) but think it's time to switch back to a 9900. I miss typing on that keyboard and I just think it's such a sexy and professional looking phone.
    bb624 likes this.
    02-21-13 09:00 PM
    Sadly, my local Verizon store told me they haven't had any 9930's in stock for months, and don't expect to receive any more
    Awwwww dang. Guess we gotta buy them from vzw online. Nuts!!!
    bb624 likes this.
    02-22-13 01:50 AM
    Hi gang, been lurking for a few weeks and finally decided to join, but I digress:

I left iPhone 4 for a Blackberry 9900. I had some major hardware issues and I just wanted a phone that was going to work. I used it as a business phone and became increasingly disenchanted with how I had to go keep retrieving emails. I love my Bold 9900, it works they way I expect it to and I can rely on it. I think you made a great choice,
    bb624 and southlander like this.
    02-22-13 06:08 AM
    Welcome to the 9900 users section. Most of the real issues that the 9900 had were resolved when releasing the 7.1 os.

Just keep an eye on the memory. If it gets too low your phone may start to get the spinning clock a lot. Just pull the battery and you will be back up and running like new.

OS 7.1.0.861 fixes memory leak issues. Give it a go. Awesome battery life too.
    02-22-13 06:35 AM
    Unless its a new browser then the memory issues won't be fixed.

As much as I know and love about blackberrys the browser is the main culprit in leaks no matter what os.

02-22-13 10:15 PM
    As much as people say blackberrys are a joke when they see my phone they say how great it feels and looks.

I love leaving it on the restaurant table for all to see I don't use an iphone. Lol

I think I am ditching my iPhone 5 tomorrow for the 9900. I am so excited to go back. I started out with a Pearl, then a Curve and a 9900. Moved to iPhone (3GS, 4, 5) but think it's time to switch back to a 9900. I miss typing on that keyboard and I just think it's such a sexy and professional looking phone.

02-22-13 10:16 PM
    As I watch my wife use her 4s and try it myself, I am more and more convinced that I prefer the 9900. I have all the apps I need and am not into games or watching movies on a phone. Much comes down to the keyboard. Not sure I like what I read about OS10. Also I do find the iPad3 better than the very nice Playbook when it comes to dealing with work and personal email and the file folders under each. The playbook even with bridge cannot handle my 100+ folders and sans bridge cannot get my work email.
    UKCatFan3 likes this.
    02-23-13 05:59 AM
    I went into ATT yesterday and the guy said, "Why in the world would you want to go from an iPhone 4s to a BB BOLD?". He seemed like he wanted to vomit. I told him its because i'm a professional and not a 12 year old girl.
    02-23-13 09:12 AM
    Perform a device OS update before you start loading your apps, etc.
    yep the latest os builds are far superior to the early ones. whomever you got it from might not have kept it up to date.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-23-13 09:38 AM

or get advanced OS and LED (free app) and schedule a middle of the night nightly reboot. I do that on my 9850.

xristfer likes this.
    02-23-13 09:45 AM
    I went into ATT yesterday and the guy said, "Why in the world would you want to go from an iPhone 4s to a BB BOLD?". He seemed like he wanted to vomit. I told him its because i'm a professional and not a 12 year old girl.
    yes I find that is the best way to shut them up. be a little bit rude and insulting since they started it by not simply honoring your request without giving you some bull.

02-23-13 09:49 AM
    As others have mentioned, learn how to update your OS; the newer ones are much better, with less memory leaks. When/if you do get low on memory (or every few days, just for good measure), hit alt-shift-delete to reboot. BeWeather is my favorite weather app. RepligGo Reader is great for PDFs, although the native Document to Go app renders PDFs as well. Dropbox and Evernote apps are serviceable (although not great). Pandora and Slacker apps are good (they work). BeBuzz, or some other similar LED app is a must; it adds so much to the notification experience. FileScout is a great file folder/browser app. A call blocker app is nice.

I just bought my wife an S3. She loves it and it's a good phone for her. I've played with it a lot, helping her to get it set up. Although it's fun to play with, it can't touch the 9900 for everyday functionality and communication (IMO).

I love the simplicity, efficiency and productivity of my 9900; best phone I've ever had.
    02-23-13 10:53 AM
39 12