Just today at work *inside a giant parking garage* my co worker went to retrieve an email from our supervisor on his awesome iphone 5 and said "**** no signal" i checked my 9930 and said "oh he just wants us to email the daily report before 5pm"

with a puzzled look on his face he said "wait you have a signal!?"

I simply replied. "i have a blackberry" :-D
    Amanda Caballero likes this.
    02-23-13 06:31 PM
    Just today at work *inside a giant parking garage* my co worker went to retrieve an email from our supervisor on his awesome iphone 5 and said "**** no signal" i checked my 9930 and said "oh he just wants us to email the daily report before 5pm"

with a puzzled look on his face he said "wait you have a signal!?"

I simply replied. "i have a blackberry" :-D
    Yeah I was skiing in West Virginia recently. Riding the lifts with other folks. I was getting all my emails and bbms over a weak 2G connection with almost no issues. Rode up with one guy and his son. His son heard my notification tone and asked was my phone. I said emails. The father then asked who my service was with. I said Verizon. He said me too. He said "I have NO service". He pulled out his iphone. I said sorry man, I use a blackberry and they are really good at getting service in weak service areas. I was laughing a little inside.
    02-23-13 08:38 PM
    Agree my 9930 is a great device. Welcome all new 99ers. Enjoy your BB and CB!
    02-23-13 08:55 PM
    Yeah I was skiing in West Virginia recently. Riding the lifts with other folks. I was getting all my emails and bbms over a weak 2G connection with almost no issues. Rode up with one guy and his son. His son heard my notification tone and asked was my phone. I said emails. The father then asked who my service was with. I said Verizon. He said me too. He said "I have NO service". He pulled out his iphone. I said sorry man, I use a blackberry and they are really good at getting service in weak service areas. I was laughing a little inside.
    I have VZW as well. which IMO has the best signal of any carrier around, add that to the 99 series blackberry, which has the best receiver of any device around , really brings out the answer in "can you hear me now" . my answer is yes.....iphone and droid users......answer is "what!? i cant hear you!" lol
    02-24-13 05:34 AM
    So I picked up my Bold 9900 yesterday! And I was so surprised when the guy who sold it to me was actually raving about it (usually they look at you strange for not getting an Android or iPhone). He has a Blackberry Torch and we had a lovely chat! So glad to be back to BlackBerry
    02-24-13 07:38 AM
    Well I got bold 9930 and iphone 4s
    Iphone has much more apps and games
    But the bold has its own benefits
    When I first got my bold 9930 about a year ago it was a disaster, the os
    Was slow and not stable and I had to
    Format it all the time but now its
    Working great , I like the possibility to work with an open file system (unlike in my iphone) and the unified inbox where you get all your notifications from various services like facebook,whatsapp, mail .
    The keyboard is superb and the media player actually remember the position I was in the movie which is very usefull.

Also I can hold in my wallet spare batteries so I won't stuck without
    Juice for my phone .

Multitasking works well and its very easy to switch from app to app.

Maybe later ill upgrade to the q10 time will tell.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    02-25-13 10:03 PM
    I'm also so moving from an iPhone 4s to a Blackberry bold. This is coming from a 12 year old girl. People say I act like a 20 year old.
    Frehley likes this.
    08-04-14 04:42 AM
    I'm also so moving from an iPhone 4s to a Blackberry bold. This is coming from a 12 year old girl. People say I act like a 20 year old.
    It seems the old saw is true, youth is wasted on the young.
    08-04-14 04:45 AM
    +1000 for the latest OS! (really)

Also Advanced OS & Led. Shortcutme & BeWeather??

Spare battery, external batt charger, and 32GB sd card might be pleasantly welcome options stepping up from iPhone.

I set up emails and texts all on common "Messages" triggered by accessory key. Play with trackpad sensitivity till happy.... ENJOY!
    08-04-14 06:16 PM
    I'm riding a camel in the desert in souther Morocco and sure enough I get my emails. Bless my BB.
    08-04-14 06:38 PM
    Welcome home!

Hang onto your iPhone and just use it as a backup/secondary device for those few apps you need that you can't get on the Bold.

The rest of the time, enjoy the communication powerhouse that is the Bold 9900/9930!

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    xristfer and Frehley like this.
    08-04-14 11:49 PM
    I went from a 4s to a Q10 for work and now have adopted a Bold 9930 for home. I downloaded Advanced OS & Led and am enjoying colour-coded mobility! Frankly being able to know what's happening on my Bold just by looking at the led is fantastic! I know what what's come in and whom it's from. Unfortunately no equivalent headless app exists for BB10.
    The Bold 9900 / 9930 is a dependable, excessively well-built, aesthetic handset - I really wish I'd discovered it when it came out in 2011.
    anon(6038817) and Mr4aces like this.
    08-06-14 01:14 AM
    I went from a 4s to a Q10 for work and now have adopted a Bold 9930 for home. I downloaded Advanced OS & Led and am enjoying colour-coded mobility! Frankly being able to know what's happening on my Bold just by looking at the led is fantastic! I know what what's come in and whom it's from. Unfortunately no equivalent headless app exists for BB10.
    The Bold 9900 / 9930 is a dependable, excessively well-built, aesthetic handset - I really wish I'd discovered it when it came out in 2011.
    I believe the 9900 will always be looked back as the pinnacle of cell phone design, engineering and build quality. For obvious reasons a flat piece of glass simply cant compete and is much cheaper to build. I only recently joined this club and intend to keep this phone as a family heirloom even if my daily driver is a Q.
    anon(6038817) and iRetired like this.
    08-08-14 10:56 AM
    Had my bold9900 longer than any other phone - work provide me an iphone and goodness I hate auto correct!

They seem to have held their value, I never use a case so screen has a few minor scratches now, I found the case too awkward to slip in and out, I've replaced the battery and trackpad, easy enough.

I'm tempted by the q10 and have been offered one at a reasonable price but I'd miss my bebuzz / advanced os + led - its nice to know what's important and what to ignore without being a message zombie!

I love the keyboard, family all on bbm (daughter moved from curve os7.1 device to a moto g now) to discover what data limits mean :-)

Maybe ill wait - sounds like interesting times with amazon store etc - blackberry should stick to its uniqueness, the keyboard and solid messaging - bbm for other platforms was key but get voice and a facetime equivalent cross platform out now! That will be key to market share.

Android is still too flaky for me, apps force close and windows phone I enjoyed but too limited, BB os10 with sideload seems the best of both - core apps in os10 with stability and others in android.

Regards

Damian
    08-11-14 03:12 AM
39 12