After two brand-new BB Bold 9900s have gone completely belly-up in a year, I think its time to move away from BB.

I purchased a simfree, new Bold 9900 last October (11) which completely died in June 12. Amazon UK were kind enough to send me out a brand new handset. This handset died at the weekend too! Amazon are very kindly reimbursing my full original payment (which is excellent service) so I will go over to a Android phone (probably a Samsung Galaxy S3 or a HTC One).

I would like to sincerely thank everyone who has offered me help on this forum which has been invaluable. Sadly, I cannot trust another Blackberry.

Best wishes
    Graham
    09-24-12 04:52 AM
    Sad to hear..you could be unlucky to get two defective bb's. give bb one more chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    09-24-12 05:01 AM
    Buh-bye...I'll hold the door open for ya...
    09-24-12 05:05 AM
    I am already there I am using my iPhone 4S as an iPod

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    09-24-12 05:14 AM
    09-24-12 05:43 AM
    And to think this guy actually thanked you people to get these replies.
    PJD642 likes this.
    09-24-12 05:49 AM
    And to think this guy actually thanked you people to get these replies.
    It's always sad to see someone leaving Greg, but I was simply pointing out that there's already a dedicated thread for this topic.
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    09-24-12 05:58 AM
    I switched to Android once because I was done with BlackBerry, but came back because nothing compares to it. There is just something about BB that no other platform has. I hope you find the right phone for you.

And this is why I don't see how BB10 can be the comeback for RIM when people have a bad experience like that. It scars the user and they lose trust which is a main priority for a user. They should be able to rely and trust that their phone will work for them and BB hasn't really done a good job of that...
    runedog likes this.
    09-24-12 10:14 AM
    I switched to Android once because I was done with BlackBerry, but came back because nothing compares to it. There is just something about BB that no other platform has. I hope you find the right phone for you.

And this is why I don't see how BB10 can be the comeback for RIM when people have a bad experience like that. It scars the user and they lose trust which is a main priority for a user. They should be able to rely and trust that their phone will work for them and BB hasn't really done a good job of that...
    Agreed...100%. The thing that I am curious about when BB10 launches is the amount of people who will be coming back to BlackBerry.

Word of mouth is probably going to be the biggest reason why people come back to BlackBerry. That or the fact that they are lacking something with their current device (Apple, Android, etc.).
    09-24-12 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD