Are these any different? The one I got with my 9900 is smooth and looks more plastic than leather.

Has anybody bought this one? BlackBerry-Bold-99309900-Leather-Pocket - RIM UK

The one I got with my 9900 is pretty snug and the location of the volume button makes it a awkward to remove, wondering if this leather one is more flexible? It's only �18 here but I'm just curious and don't want to fork out for something that is basically the same.

Thanks
    01-16-12 10:34 AM
    It's exactly the same, just a different material.

I had the smooth plastic pouch which came with my phone, and bought the leather one you linked above a few weeks ago. Both are the same style and have the same dimensions, but I do prefer the leather one. It somehow just feels and looks classier.
    01-16-12 10:42 AM

At least you got a case.

Guess AT&T is getting cheap (surprise?).

Recently bought a 9900 from AT&T - - NO case - - NO owner/operator's manual came with the phone.

Got BOTH when I got my 9700 a couple of years ago. (Also from AT&T - been a customer for about twenty years.)

Of course, the "Customer Service" rep tried to SELL me a case.

NOPE, ain't gonna happen! Got home and ordered the Seidio Surface combo instead.

01-16-12 10:58 AM
    Thanks, it does look better I think was hoping as it was leather that it might stretch to fit a little easier too.
    01-16-12 11:28 AM
    The cases we get in the UK are pretty cheap looking though, always have been.
    01-16-12 11:31 AM
    There were some nice Trexta leather pouches shown at CES and posted on the CrackBerry blog. I have a Trexta case for the PlayBook and it is pretty good quality.

http://www.trexta.com/Default.aspx?pageID=17&CatID=271

In Canada, Rogers included the leather swivel holster with the 9900. The 9810 does not come with a case.
    01-16-12 12:25 PM

At least you got a case.

Recently bought a 9900 from AT&T - - NO case - - NO owner/operator's manual came with the phone.

Got BOTH when I got my 9700 a couple of years ago. (Also from AT&T - been a customer for about twenty years.)

NOPE, ain't gonna happen! Got home and ordered the Seidio Surface combo instead.

Wow, can they even do that...? All BlackBerries are supposed to come with specific items in the box. If you don't get those items, I'm pretty sure that shouldn't be allowed.
    01-18-12 10:12 AM
    I have the leather pouch. It's great. At first the red thread would catch my volume or convenience key, but after the pouch formed to my phone, I didn't have that problem anymore. I like it.
    01-18-12 03:32 PM
    i got a belt holster case. its too big.

i just bought the leather pouch from blueshop.

i like it way more.
    01-18-12 03:49 PM
    All I got with my 9900 was a microfiber cloth...
    01-18-12 06:50 PM

At least you got a case.

Sounds like you got a refurb phone or something to me... VZW 9930 came with everything in the box as stated.
    01-18-12 07:46 PM
    Yeah, ATT gives squat. Bought mine at a Costco kiosk (through att), and while att doesn't give a case, Costco threw in a free case - rough, scratchy, and didn't sleep when put in.

I have the leather pocket (love it!) and the hard holster for backup if I ever need it. I haven't used the hard holster - every time I start to, I switch back to the pocket.
    01-18-12 09:32 PM
    i like the leather pocket better. has nice looking grain which makes it look classier. and, oddly simple, but i like the single red stitch they put on the right side
    01-18-12 10:09 PM
    Hmm that's strange, when I got mine Dec 15th, I received the USB Cable and Micro Charger, the Manual, the micro fiber cloth, the headphones, and the phone. No case at all...I had to buy the Otterbox Commuter Case separately.
    01-18-12 10:21 PM
    I got the leather one and it is nicer and not as snug as the other one. Also a couple of days in the red stitching has stopped catching (this is a silly design)
    01-19-12 03:50 AM
    I got the leather one as well and one for my PlayBook to match!
    01-19-12 06:29 AM
    Sounds like you got a refurb phone or something to me... VZW 9930 came with everything in the box as stated.
    Same here, but does anyone really read that book?
    01-19-12 07:10 AM
    Each carrier dictates what goes into the box - hence the reason Verizon would supply 16GB MicroSD cards in their Blackberries while AT&T would give 2GB or maybe a 4GB card. That being said, I didn't get a MicroSD card with my 9930. Same with the cases - the 9700 was the last AT&T Blackberry I got a case with. Nothing with the 9800, 9810, or 9900 but almost every other carrier provides a case.

Anyway - to the OP - I also have the leather pocket case and I like it mucho better. Give it some time to conform around your device and you won't have any problems.
    01-19-12 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD