View Poll Results: Which preference do you have set for launch by typing?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Universal Search

20 57.14%
  • Application Shortcuts

15 42.86%
    Coming from a previous Blackberry I have always used the Application Shortcut option to launch certain applications. Example pressing 'n' for Blackberry Messenger. So when I got my Bold 9930, I originally changed the settings from universal search to app shorcut. Later, I played around with my new Bold 9930 too much and installed too many apps, so I decided to start out clean and go back to stock. Since then I have been using Universal Search and I'm still trying to get used to it.

I was just wondering how many of you have set the Universal Search or the Application Shortcut for your launch by typing perference.
    10-06-11 01:22 AM
    Coming from a previous Blackberry I have always used the Application Shortcut option to launch certain applications. Example pressing 'n' for Blackberry Messenger. So when I got my Bold 9930, I originally changed the settings from universal search to app shorcut. Later, I played around with my new Bold 9930 too much and installed too many apps, so I decided to start out clean and go back to stock. Since then I have been using Universal Search and I'm still trying to get used to it.

I was just wondering how many of you have set the Universal Search or the Application Shortcut for your launch by typing perference.
    There is a shortcut for universal search too, just press S, you can have your cake and eat it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    urbanguy, dimm0k and bubble.tea like this.
    10-06-11 01:26 AM
    There is a shortcut for universal search too, just press S, you can have your cake and eat it

Wow, I feel dumb for not knowing about that application shortcut. I find myself using the touch screen more to navigate on universal search. I rarely use the trackpad anymore. Sometimes I think I would rather have extra screen space if it was possible to remove it. The only problem with using the touch screen so much is the fingerprints.
    10-06-11 01:31 AM
    Universal search rules!

searching through your emails, texts, calendar entries and of course contacts too. I love it!
    Its a touchscreen! I'll hit the app icon on my screen instead of having to press a button
    10-06-11 01:51 AM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well I thought I was pretty darn shmart for finding this link LOL.
    11-21-11 09:04 PM
    I couldn't live without the BB legacy of shortcut keys. For those of you neglecting this option, this is one of the most addicting and satisfying of stock features. Once you get a solid grasp on the multitude of shortys you won't be happy anywhere else, except on another Blackberry! You realize your hooked when you try pressing your pc's spacebar twice for a period, and nothing happens. Its not just the first layer of shortcuts that's impressive, they are incorporated into almost everything you can do on your berry. From typing, to word substitution (autotext), browser shortcuts, app shortcuts its simply the best. Then there are alt+key combo's, I could go on but I think you know how I feel. betcha can't eat just one.

Last edited by albee 1; 11-21-11 at 10:22 PM.
    sedalia066 likes this.
    11-21-11 10:19 PM
    I use app shortcuts but also speed dial. One button push for each of my very favourite people. Awesome
    11-22-11 01:33 AM
    My combination use of Application Shortcuts, Universal Search, Quicklaunch, and 6 Tools makes my 9930 one **** of a device.
    11-22-11 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD