Now, isn't that a beyatch!
    May be this is only for Canada.
    05-27-11 03:00 PM
    May be this is only for Canada.
    highly doubt it. you know, I think I won't come back to CB before 10 to 15 days. I'm fuming waiting for this impatiently.
    Dimitrie likes this.
    05-27-11 03:08 PM
    highly doubt it. you know, I think I won't come back to CB before 10 to 15 days. I'm fuming waiting for this impatiently.
    Same here... I waiting for this for a loooong time.
    05-27-11 03:09 PM
    And top of that, the report of carriers only wanting to carry only three ecosystems, iOS, Android and? Maybe BlackBerry, maybe Windows? Like I've said before, and preface it by saying I want a Bold 9930 asap...but you snooze, you LOSE!...No one today is sitting at Atari's door waiting and hoping they'll return and overtake Nintendo or Sony or Microsoft...once gone, always forgotton

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-11 03:15 PM
    I just got off the phone with rogers and they said sometime around when the new iphone gets released I really dont know why they would release it then
    05-27-11 03:36 PM
    May 26 : the site of blackberry uk announces the bold touch 9900. I didn't think there late ... because otherwise it makes no sense.

Sorry for my english...i'm french ^^
    05-27-11 04:04 PM
    May 26 : the site of blackberry uk announces the bold touch 9900. I didn't think there late ... because otherwise it makes no sense.

Sorry for my english...i'm french ^^
    There is no date mentioned anywhere on the UK BlackBerry site.

It just says 'Launching Soon'

Sorry for my English... I'm English

05-27-11 04:14 PM
    cant wait for this device...only can hope it will be on verizon but probably not
    05-27-11 06:30 PM
    cant wait for this device...only can hope it will be on verizon but probably not
    The 9930 is the cdma version so I don't know why it wouldn't make it to verizon. maybe even before sprint gets it. It's looking like it will be a full launch among all the providers, same as the current bolds.
    05-27-11 06:33 PM
    Source: RIM: BB Delays, Carrier Pressure Could Hurt, Says Jefferies - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

RIM�s forthcoming BlackBerry models, announced earlier this month at the company�s capital markets day, are running behind schedule, he warns, probably not shipping until October, rather than in August, as expected, given the need for further �integration, polishing, and carrier certification.� Misek doesn�t cite any particular sources, but notes that remarks by France Telecom�s management recently indicated there were �bugs� in some of RIM�s forthcoming products.
    When I heard June... I was thinking fall or early winter given how other devices release after rumored drop dates. October makes sense.
    05-27-11 07:07 PM
    ^^^^ Boooooo!
    05-27-11 07:50 PM
    I am not waiting until October to get this. I will just switch to the iphone and adjust to the onscreen keyboard. Even with OS 6 my Bold browser is not that great at all. Why is Blackberry so far behind?
    05-27-11 09:02 PM
    Why would RIM show off a new device then release it 5 months later? On top of that they'll be competing against the new iPhone... not a good call
    05-27-11 09:43 PM
    Soon 4th, 2011.
    05-27-11 09:49 PM
    Why would RIM show off a new device then release it 5 months later? On top of that they'll be competing against the new iPhone... not a good call
    Really? They did this exact same thing with the Storm, the Tour, and the Playbook. This is standard protocol for RIM. If you have been following RIM for two years or more then this should be very familiar to you.

phonegeek#AC likes this.
    05-28-11 03:00 AM
    If the Bold is really being released in October then I guess I am not going to be coming back to BB Hope this is not true though
    05-28-11 03:24 AM
    Really? They did this exact same thing with the Storm, the Tour, and the Playbook. This is standard protocol for RIM. If you have been following RIM for two years or more then this should be very familiar to you.
    Yep, unfortunately.
    05-28-11 08:58 AM
    That's what we do here folks is speculate on dates and lament that RIM doesn't handle this differently.

Take a stroll down memory lane on the 9700 forums from a couple years back or the 9000 forums from 2008 (?? I think), and you'll see they comments are almost identical. You may even see the same people say "if this isn't released by date x then I am never coming back to RIM"...

My point is be patient folks, this is how these things go. Do we like it, of course not but we're not the ones in control so just roll with it.

PG
    05-28-11 09:54 AM
    I think its an absolute joke that all they say is its going to be released sometime in the summer. Whats the point of announcing it 2 months before its released? No one likes waiting around and many people who have an upgrade don't want to wait either.
    That makes you not in their target audience
    05-28-11 12:28 PM
    RIM is going to ruin their chances if they don't release the 9900 sooner than later!
    05-29-11 12:25 AM
    and the wait... is still not over.
    05-29-11 11:03 AM
    I remain patient. It's my opinion that the slow walking on RIMs part and the carriers is to make certain once it is released there will be no major problems with the Os unlike previous "hurry up and get it out" models.

05-31-11 01:01 PM
    RIM is going to ruin their chances if they don't release the 9900 sooner than later!
    There is little doubt that if they could, they would.

I do not think they are holding them back to be mean
    05-31-11 01:25 PM
    There is little doubt that if they could, they would.

I do not think they are holding them back to be mean
    Of course they're not mean, but whatever their problem of holding back releasing phones is not being resolved, unfortunately.
    05-31-11 01:40 PM
    Yeah they are because I need something more advanced than my Bold 9650. I may have to get an iPhone and learn to adjust to an onscreen keyboard.
    05-31-11 04:58 PM
343 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD