Im curious. Obviously this phone will release in America and Canada before hitting Europe. Anyone have any idea how long it would take for the phone to make it to europe, specifically the Netherlands?
    Most likely it's true that it will be released in the US first, but that hasn't always been the case. Bold 9000 was released in Europe before it was released in the US
    Nilias likes this.
    05-26-11 07:46 AM
    I still think we will get this phone in June. Future Shop has run down all stock of Rogers Blackberries and when you go online NOTHING is available unless you go into the store. And, prices are now slashed to $49 for Torch with anything else left in stock at $0 on a plan.

There is no way a big chain like FS would run down stock so low, and blow out prices like they are, if they were not expecting new stuff soon.

Just my opinion.
    05-26-11 05:55 PM
    I still think we will get this phone in June. Future Shop has run down all stock of Rogers Blackberries and when you go online NOTHING is available unless you go into the store. And, prices are now slashed to $49 for Torch with anything else left in stock at $0 on a plan.

There is no way a big chain like FS would run down stock so low, and blow out prices like they are, if they were not expecting new stuff soon.

Just my opinion.
    FS is owned by BestBuy. I work at BestBuy in Calgary and yes your right our stock levels are down. However, this could mean that the 9900 can be out even in August. Plus, I think Rogers may release it first and Telus and Bell will follow Rogers because I think AT&T testing network environment is very close to what Rogers has on their network.

I don't want to crush your hopes, but just because BestBuy and FS drop the prices and lower the stock doesn't always turn in to an upcoming new device.

We will see an I also hope your right.
    05-26-11 07:24 PM
    Im curious. Obviously this phone will release in America and Canada before hitting Europe. Anyone have any idea how long it would take for the phone to make it to europe, specifically the Netherlands?
    Just to let you know. The Canadians are slaves of USA. We depend on US to feed us, cloth us, test our drugs, test our electronics like BBs, protect us when there is a war, etc.

It will be US companies that will release the 9900 first and our slaves in Rogers, Bell and Telus will follow them after.

I hate to be a Canadian.
    05-26-11 07:27 PM
    Just to let you know. The Canadians are slaves of USA. We depend on US to feed us, cloth us, test our drugs, test our electronics like BBs, protect us when there is a war, etc.

It will be US companies that will release the 9900 first and our slaves in Rogers, Bell and Telus will follow them after.

I hate to be a Canadian.
    There's nothing wrong when they do all of that. For every Canadian there are 10 Americans. It only make sense for them to be driving the economy. You cannot compete with people that are literally 10 times your population.
    05-26-11 07:40 PM
    There's nothing wrong when they do all of that. For every Canadian there are 10 Americans. It only make sense for them to be driving the economy. You cannot compete with people that are literally 10 times your population.
    Then Canada is no longer strong and free.... We need to make more babies!!! Come on Canadians! Make more babies!!!
    05-26-11 08:02 PM
    Obviously this phone will release in America and Canada before hitting Europe.
    Obviously???

There may be 10 Americans to every 1 Canadian... but there are 2.4 Europeans to every 1 American

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-11 08:26 PM
    I can't wait until frigging August, or July, or even the end of June. My Tour is falling apart and I have a business to run. Guess I'll be stuck with the Style-not that it's a bad phone, but it has O6 and seeing that this Bold, if it ever gets released, is OS7, it will be obsolete soon.
    Your Tour is falling apart? I have a a Storm that I bought in February of whatever year it was released. My phone is falling apart. My blackberry button doesn't even work all the time.

But I know how you feel I have a backup droid that I DO NOT want to use so the sooner the better with the new phone since the droid doesn't play with my Playbook.

This new phone is definitely a release day purchase for me.
    05-26-11 09:01 PM
    Obviously???

There may be 10 Americans to every 1 Canadian... but there are 2.4 Europeans to every 1 American

True, but we have panache. And Apple Pie!
    05-26-11 09:02 PM

I hate to be a Canadian.
    Don't forget we pollute your air because of the jet stream and take your oil.
    05-26-11 09:03 PM
    Back on topic boys. Back on topic... :P
    05-26-11 10:54 PM
    I sure hope it is soon. I have a Tour with a trac ball and I am afraid its going to crap out soon. I dont want something else just the 9930!
    05-26-11 11:04 PM
    See I would want the 9900.

(aka: GSM)
    05-26-11 11:25 PM
    june would be a dream come true. but its like winning the mega million on the first draw.august seems to be more realistic.i just don't understand why rim at their main event-bb world would not announce a release date for their new product.apple always gives release date for iphones at wwdc.but anyways ill remain patient as best i can.but sometimes patience has a limit.
    jinxednuance likes this.
    05-26-11 11:27 PM
    I have been checking this thread daily for any info that will give me some kind of hope that this phone will be released in June, it is actually sad how much time I spend in this forum. I'm definitely not going to stop hoping for a June release. Until there is a CONFIRMED release date, I'll always have my mind set on June. Whether it is wishful thinking or not, C'mooon June.
    05-27-11 12:48 AM
    I have been checking this thread daily for any info that will give me some kind of hope that this phone will be released in June, it is actually sad how much time I spend in this forum. I'm definitely not going to stop hoping for a June release. Until there is a CONFIRMED release date, I'll always have my mind set on June. Whether it is wishful thinking or not, C'mooon June.
    You are setting yourself up for more disappointment as it will not even be July! Just relax

Come back around August
    05-27-11 05:12 AM
    The 9900 has not been shipped to the Carriers yet.

That is not the way it works. They will not get the phones until few weeks or so before they are released. We are still looking at a couple of months.
    Verizon had the iPhone for MONTHS before launch.
    05-27-11 07:32 AM
    I am also waiting for this. I havnt gotten any news so far. I tried to call and probe sprint but like usually they dont know about upcoming devices untill they start training on it. Oh will. Hope my Tour makes it through.
    05-27-11 12:57 PM
    Source: RIM: BB Delays, Carrier Pressure Could Hurt, Says Jefferies - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

Shares of Research in Motion (RIMM) are down 24 cents, or half a point, at $43.33, after Jefferies & Co. analyst Peter Misek this morning wrote that further bad news may be on the way for RIM following its cut in forecast last month. He reiterated an Underperform rating and a $35 price target.

RIM’s forthcoming BlackBerry models, announced earlier this month at the company’s capital markets day, are running behind schedule, he warns, probably not shipping until October, rather than in August, as expected, given the need for further “integration, polishing, and carrier certification.” Misek doesn’t cite any particular sources, but notes that remarks by France Telecom’s management recently indicated there were “bugs” in some of RIM’s forthcoming products.

He notes, too, remarks by Marvell Technology Group (MRVL) last night, which gets 80% of its wireless chip business from RIM, he estimates.

“All of mgmt’s RIM comments were focused on a hopeful ramp in H2:CY11 and not on FQ2,” he writes.

Management is going to have to either give up sales or give up margins as carriers balk at some aging product that’s in inventory currently, and that could cause an “earnings reset,” he thinks.

Misek in fact is maintaining his existing forecast for $5.50 per share in earnings this year, even though RIM management has stuck to a $7.50 forecast.

The pressure is increasing on RIM at carriers, he thinks: “Based on our checks, RIM is being forced to increase handset bounties and co-marketing payments in order to retain carriers and slots. We believe carriers want to support three main ecosystems: iOS, Android, and one TBD. Unfortunately for RIM, Windows is now being considered, but Windows 8 may be a H2:CY12 or even 2013 event.”

Misek’s $35 price target represents the bottom of a two-year historical P/E range of 7 times to 18 times foreword earnings, he notes.
    05-27-11 02:08 PM
    BAD NEWS. The Manager of the BestBuy Mobile where I work just told me that they don't expect the 9900 till the end of August. At least for Canada, it looks like it will be close to September.

05-27-11 02:16 PM
    It will be here when it gets here, oh and I will be picking one up asap.
    05-27-11 02:17 PM
    True that. Ya can't cry over spilled milk. When it drops, it drops. And when it does, I'll buy one.
    05-27-11 02:49 PM
    FYI,
    The RIM reps for Western Canada came to BestBuy today. The RIM ASKED (yep... its not the Telus, Rogers or Bell, but RIM) Canadian carries to DELAY the release until "back to school" shopping period.

Therefore it will be in August-September and it is NOT the service providers like Rogers holding this back, it is RIM.

I don't know when it will be released, but now it is clear to all BestBuy Canada management, it is RIM who is delaying the release.

All the best!
    05-27-11 02:50 PM
    FYI,
    The RIM reps for Western Canada came to BestBuy today. The RIM ASKED (yep... its not the Telus, Rogers or Bell, but RIM) Canadian carries to DELAY the release until "back to school" shopping period.

Therefore it will be in August-September and it is NOT the service providers like Rogers holding this back, it is RIM.

I don't know when it will be released, but now it is clear to all BestBuy Canada management, it is RIM who is delaying the release.

All the best!
    Now, isn't that a beyatch!
    05-27-11 02:57 PM
    Default Canadian carriers were told to delay the release by RIM, that's all I know.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 05-27-11 at 03:03 PM.
    05-27-11 02:57 PM
343 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD