i don't think this is a reason because Verizon's Bold is full of bugs and battery life is terrible, my daughter hate it since day one she owns
    Lots. The latest for me since upgrading to VZ's newest 6 is all my BBM contacts and history get wiped when I reboot and all websites I hit don't recognize I'm on a mobile device. Good stuff.
    05-21-11 10:26 PM
    I think they will release the new Bold in June or perhaps even May. Reason: Rogers, Best Buy and Future Shop (in Canada) have all run down stock and only seem to have 3 blackberry's avail (Torch, 9780, Curve) and the prices are slashed to $50 or less. Some are only avail in store and not online. I doubt they'd keep such a limited inventory for more than 30 days, and I think it's a signal that new phones are coming...............
    Just my two cents.
    I completely agree with that statement...I was in Best Buy a few days ago and ran into a cell phone sales guy there. He said that that BB Touch and the full touch screen BB's both coming out at the end of May. I usually don't trust comments like that with out hard data but he looked like he was saying something without really saying it on purpose.

Got me super excited and I am tossing my HTC EVO 4G as soon as I can get my hands on the Bold Touch!
    05-22-11 12:26 PM
    I'm selling my evo too.I'm really looking forward to having my berry back. I'm tired of not knowing if someone has called or texted me. The notifications on the evo aren't really very good imho.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    05-22-11 12:35 PM
    I doubt this phone is going to come out in another week ie end of May.
    05-22-11 12:37 PM
    I completely agree with that statement...I was in Best Buy a few days ago and ran into a cell phone sales guy there. He said that that BB Touch and the full touch screen BB's both coming out at the end of May. I usually don't trust comments like that with out hard data but he looked like he was saying something without really saying it on purpose.

Got me super excited and I am tossing my HTC EVO 4G as soon as I can get my hands on the Bold Touch!
    I work at BestBuy part time and i even posted info on that $200.00 gift card you get when you go with a bb. But apparently it is only for BestBuy s in Calgary. I check our BestBuy inventory database and I can see that all Rogers, Telus and Bell has downgraded to allowed stock levels for BB 9780. But I don't think this 9900 will be out this months. I think, it will be end of June or even end of July.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-11 01:04 PM
    I think they will release the new Bold in June or perhaps even May. Reason: Rogers, Best Buy and Future Shop (in Canada) have all run down stock and only seem to have 3 blackberry's avail (Torch, 9780, Curve) and the prices are slashed to $50 or less. Some are only avail in store and not online. I doubt they'd keep such a limited inventory for more than 30 days, and I think it's a signal that new phones are coming...............
    Just my two cents.
    I'm selling my evo too.I'm really looking forward to having my berry back. I'm tired of not knowing if someone has called or texted me. The notifications on the evo aren't really very good imho.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

The Evo's terribly poor battery life and not having a real keyboard have finally annoyed me to the point I want to throw this phone against the wall but then again that would affect the resell value hehe!

Agreed also with the notifications...I cant get a FB notification unless I open the app and check....very bad integration with the phone.

The great thing about the Evo is that it has awesome navigation that has helped me on many occasions and now that it offers Netflix.
    05-22-11 01:16 PM
    The navigation on the Evo is very good and I too agree having netflix on my evo is frakin sweet but its ok, I have other devices that will play netflix on the road and maybe soon with the addition of these new berrys we can get a good netflix app.
    05-22-11 10:35 PM
    The navigation on the Evo is very good and I too agree having netflix on my evo is frakin sweet but its ok, I have other devices that will play netflix on the road and maybe soon with the addition of these new berrys we can get a good netflix app.
    can you even see anything decently like an entire movie/show on a smalls screen though? wouldn't it cause eye-fatigue or something.

i really want to try out this 9930, but with it being so close to the Evo3d it's hard for me to swing towards it.

Liked the 9650 when I had it but it was laggy ish for me.

Battery life on my Evo 4g is usually 20-30 hours. Not sure what it is for non-rooted phones though. Mines been rooted since a week after I got it..which was a week after release. =)

Might do the same thing I did with the Bold, get the 9930 for the 30 days...if I'm not completely happy with it, i'll give it back and get the Evo3d.
    05-23-11 01:03 AM
    Rough possible time frame given by Vodafone twitter?

"VodafoneUK Vodafone UK
    Get a new BlackBerry on contract with Vodafone between now & 31 July & get 6 months free music downloads https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=YeGTc6iG
    #vfmusic
    "
    "Steffan_wright Steffan Wright@
    @VodafoneUK You know this free downloads, does it apply to the new Bold 9900 when it's released?"

"VodafoneUK Vodafone UK
    @
    @Steffan_wright Yep it will indeed ^HS
    2 hours ago"

Sorry I dont really know how to link to twitter. But release before July 31? Also a push to get rid of old stock?
    05-23-11 10:02 AM
    Rough possible time frame given by Vodafone twitter?

"VodafoneUK Vodafone UK
    Get a new BlackBerry on contract with Vodafone between now & 31 July & get 6 months free music downloads https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=47M3DMb7
    #vfmusic
    "
    "Steffan_wright Steffan Wright@
    @VodafoneUK You know this free downloads, does it apply to the new Bold 9900 when it's released?"

"VodafoneUK Vodafone UK
    @
    @Steffan_wright Yep it will indeed ^HS
    2 hours ago"

Sorry I dont really know how to link to twitter. But release before July 31? Also a push to get rid of old stock?
    sounds good to me
    05-23-11 10:17 AM
    Anybody tried Rogers, Telus or Bell Facebook pages or Twitter accounts? I asked Rogers already about 9900 and I am sure they deleted my post as soon as I posted a question about 9900 on their facebook group wall.
    05-23-11 10:43 AM
    Telus has just dropped the price on the Bold 9780 to 0$ for a 3 year contract. Always a good sign. Also, the offer ends May 31st.

Source: Smartphone Sale�*|�* Promotions�*|�* TELUS Mobility
    jinxednuance and DeeDudnath like this.
    05-23-11 11:58 AM
    Telus has just dropped the price on the Bold 9780 to 0$ for a 3 year contract. Always a good sign. Also, the offer ends May 31st.

Definitely is! Thank you!
    05-23-11 12:06 PM

BestBuy Canada gave away $200.00 gift card with ANY BlackBerry device including 9780 and my mom got one.
    05-23-11 12:15 PM
    Man, I'm really hoping this is a good sign for North America to get the Bold 9900/9930 end of June
    05-23-11 12:18 PM
    Just went on Best Buy (for US) and they have BOTH the Style and Curve 3G for $0.00 and the Bold 9650 w/cam $179.99 or $79.99 without cam....but YOU do get a free Lady Gaga "Born This Way" CD

05-23-11 12:24 PM
    I work for Rogers in Toronto and during a meeting last week to show off HSPA+ vs our upcoming LTE network the director mentioned the "upcoming 9900", but no specifics yet on exp. release date or even ramp up dates, which we're usually updated on ~30-40 days in advance. Will post here if I find out anything the Internet doesn't find first.
    DeeDudnath likes this.
    05-23-11 01:15 PM
    I work for Rogers in Toronto and during a meeting last week to show off HSPA+ vs our upcoming LTE network the director mentioned the "upcoming 9900", but no specifics yet on exp. release date or even ramp up dates, which we're usually updated on ~30-40 days in advance. Will post here if I find out anything the Internet doesn't find first.
    Not to nitpick on the slim info you have, but was the 9900 mention in conjunction with LTE, or they were just both presented during your meeting?
    05-23-11 01:23 PM
    Anybody tried Rogers, Telus or Bell Facebook pages or Twitter accounts? I asked Rogers already about 9900 and I am sure they deleted my post as soon as I posted a question about 9900 on their facebook group wall.
    Im with Bell, sent them an email, I just straight up asked "when will the BlackBerry 9900 come out on Bell, this was the response:

Good day Mr. Blank,
    >
    > My name is Donald and I will be able to clarify this
    > matter for you. I am pleased to learn of your interest in the
    > availability of new products and I can certainly understand your wish
    to
    > obtain more information on this subject. At the present time, I am
    > unable to confirm the availability of new products. I hope you will
    > appreciate that the premature unveiling of information in this regard
    > could compromise our position in the highly competitive cellular
    > industry.
    >
    > Rest assured that Bell Mobility is currently in the process of
    unveiling
    > new and exciting mobile phones which will become available throughout
    > the upcoming year. For updates on our line-up of handsets, I invite
    you
    > to periodically visit:
    >
    > Cell Phones, Smartphones, Sticks and Cards from Bell Mobility- Bell
    >
    > I sincerely hope that I have addressed your concerns and have yourself
    a
    > wonderful weekend.
    >
    > I would like to thank you, Mr. Kosik, for contacting us and for
    choosing
    > Bell Mobility as your wireless communications provider.
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Donald
    > Bell Mobility - Online Client Care
    05-23-11 01:34 PM
    Not to nitpick on the slim info you have, but was the 9900 mention in conjunction with LTE, or they were just both presented during your meeting?
    Mentioned with HSPA+.. which we recently decided to call "4G". The only word I've heard about BlackBerry LTE is that it'll probably come out only on QNX devices with the PlayBook first in line, which was about a month ago from a friend who works on the radios at RIM.
    05-23-11 01:51 PM
    Re: Launch Date ... someone may have aleady noticed this. I think it will be middle summer and my reason being, Best Buy was just blowing out the 9780 on their free phone Fridays ! So that's a Bold 9780 that hasn't been out for a whole year yet being offered for $ 0 on a 3 year contract. Ialso noticed a couple of kiosks at Metrotown mall in Burnaby offering the Bold 9780 for free on a 3 yr contract. I would think they are trying to clear out the stock to make way for the 9900/9933, coming very soon.
    05-23-11 03:06 PM
    LOL I asked them the samething and i made a discussion about my plana dn how i want the bb but they didnt reply
    05-23-11 04:23 PM
    I totally agree with those that believe RIM not only have their fingers but their head up their rear as well. Just go to Endgadget and watch the daily release of new and improved Androids. It is hard to imagine that RIM can't just move forward and release the new models. I for one... just do a ton of email and can't do without the Bold 9000 keyboard. I don't want nor need apps.
    Just give me the new Bold and I'll go way happy but for gosh sakes do it now.
    Thanks for listening and hope to have it SOONER rather LATER.
    05-23-11 04:30 PM
    LOL same here. I have a Curve 8330 with a whopping 96MB memorey, and my main apps are music ones (WunderRadio, Slacker and Pandora) and with 4GB (which I upgraded from 1GB) microsdhc card, and I've been pretty fine for almost 2yrs...but DARN! C'mon, my Curve is R EOL I can't wait to grab the Bold 9930 1st day I can on Sprint.

05-23-11 04:46 PM
    With J Balsilie being appointed to UN Panel on Global Sustainability, I would find it strange if they start releasing new phones every 6 months or so. Android phones are built from many different manufacturers not a unique one like Rim. I d rather follow a company who makes robust phones that get the job done and last longer.
    But I have to admit that I cant wait to get my hands on this phone though...
    05-23-11 04:48 PM
343 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD