As was pointed out in another thread, if you Google BlackBerry Bold touch, Verizon, has a paid ad thats states Verizon� BlackBerry Bold is Ready to Run." When you click on the link it goes to a " Page Not Found" on the Verizon site. It has to be close for all this activity. I say June for Big Red.
    05-09-11 10:46 PM
    would like it asap but before Sept will be exceeding expectations
    You have NFI.

It will be out in the US in June or July at the latest.
    05-10-11 06:38 AM
    You have NFI.

It will be out in the US in June or July at the latest.
    ...and you have even less FI
    05-10-11 06:46 AM
    i cant see it being any later than june/july.
    Ive seen a few carriers sites with "coming soon"... well to me September isnt soon, thats another 4 months away.
    I think RIM want to get this on the market ASAP the competition from the new scheduled Dual core android phones and the iphone 4s (name check) putting it out too late would almost be a nail in the coffin for RIM and they may end up doing a nokia..
    05-10-11 07:33 AM
    i cant see it being any later than june/july.
    Ive seen a few carriers sites with "coming soon"... well to me September isnt soon, thats another 4 months away.
    I think RIM want to get this on the market ASAP the competition from the new scheduled Dual core android phones and the iphone 4s (name check) putting it out too late would almost be a nail in the coffin for RIM and they may end up doing a nokia..
    The release date has nothing to do with RIM, they've done their bit by announcing the device.

It's all in the hands of the carriers now, and field testing takes at least a couple of months, even longer if problems arise.

'Coming Soon' on a carrier site means nothing. Voda have had several devices on their site for months, with no sign of any release dates.

All 'credible' sources are quoting a late summer release for the 9900.

If that happens sooner, I'll be a happy camper... if not, then I won't be surprised
    05-10-11 07:57 AM
    Just quickly looking at a few devices announced date/release date, and all of them (except Bold 9000) had just a few days or weeks differance between announce date and release date. (the Bold 9000 was announced May 12, 2008, released August 22nd 2008) Given that the Bold WILL be RIM's flagship device for 2011 and will be the bridge between OS 7 & QNX AND will be the most accessiable BlackBerry device worldwide, RIM is between a rock and a hard place right now...this device NEEDS to be released ASAP, but I do understand the Bold 9900/9930 will be the device RIM definatley needs to put them back on some kind of almost, but still not equal ground of iphone & Android...so, hold off and get this TOTALLY ready and assured? or maybe do a Playbook end run and get it out early to mixed reviews and just update it month to month?...if it were me, I'd get it out ASAP...if it just needs a few update software tweeks you can do yourself, no biggie...IMO BlackBerry NEEDS to make some kinda noise in the smartphone market sooner than later.
    05-10-11 08:29 AM
    The release date has nothing to do with RIM, they've done their bit by announcing the device.

It's all in the hands of the carriers now, and field testing takes at least a couple of months, even longer if problems arise.

'Coming Soon' on a carrier site means nothing. Voda have had several devices on their site for months, with no sign of any release dates.

All 'credible' sources are quoting a late summer release for the 9900.

If that happens sooner, I'll be a happy camper... if not, then I won't be surprised
    The Torch was released in the US 48 days after it went into field testing. The 9900 went into field testing at the beginning of this month, so it would not be unusual for it to be released in the latter part of June.
    05-10-11 08:33 AM
    all i remember is the playbook being announced in september 2010, and we only got it sometime in april 2011... And the thing rim brought out had half the functionality we were expecting (no 3g, no native email etc..). I love RIM, i love my blackberry but RIM have to realize that their added benefit of a paid service (bis or bes) is not unique anymore now that you can use active sync with every other stupid smartphone out there.
    05-11-11 04:12 AM
    Playbook and bold touch you can't compare when they announced the pb they barely had a working model have you seen the bold touch at bbw its swt it looks react to go and at&t has started testing already so the 2?situations are very different
    05-11-11 04:29 AM
    Playbook and bold touch you can't compare when they announced the pb they barely had a working model have you seen the bold touch at bbw its swt it looks react to go and at&t has started testing already so the 2?situations are very different
    probably you are right - i guess i am just venting out my frustration...

But then it was a damn long wait for the pearl 3g...
    05-11-11 04:32 AM
    is it here yet?!
    05-12-11 11:33 AM
    Just moved back to the states from Europe and I dont have a contract....waiting for this before I sign up to anyone but hoping rom spot to spot (wifi) with my 9780 is getting really old!
    05-12-11 06:57 PM
    Compared to my new baby (9900) with my current oldie (9780) is WAY too old.
    05-12-11 07:15 PM
    Compared to my new baby (9900) with my current oldie (9780) is WAY too old.
    So....is it in hand?

(I've been checking in here and it wouldn't surprise me if you've got one already )
    05-12-11 07:28 PM
    So....is it in hand?

(I've been checking in here and it wouldn't surprise me if you've got one already )
    I wish. I am glued on Crackberry waiting for any news! It's so addictive. I know that even when I get the phone, it won't make me a millionaire, I just don't know why I am SO addicted.
    05-12-11 07:30 PM
    i really need this to get out sooner to replace my torch... considering the monaco one is still unknown...
    05-12-11 07:54 PM
    One of the Ebay posts shows its running till early June. Maybe they know it will be out by then.
    05-12-11 09:10 PM
    I wish. I am glued on Crackberry waiting for any news! It's so addictive. I know that even when I get the phone, it won't make me a millionaire, I just don't know why I am SO addicted.
    I felt the same way about the Tour. Then the 9650 was a nice up with track pad and wifi. But - THIS - is gonna be a real nice upgrade to what is out there now. The 9000 was never available for VZW folks so I am really stoked about his device.
    05-12-11 09:14 PM
    The Torch was released in the US 48 days after it went into field testing. The 9900 went into field testing at the beginning of this month, so it would not be unusual for it to be released in the latter part of June.
    Actually Torch didn't go through the same field test process as every other phone (except iPhone). It was tested by a very small group of testers nationwide and it took a little over 60 days.

Also 9900 is NOT in the field yet. It has been stated to be in the lab but has not been released for field trial yet. June is out at this point, July is sketchy at best. I believe August is the most realistic based on what we know now.

PG
    05-13-11 12:03 AM
    On the press release photo, the date on the phone says May 20th, it's probably a coincidence, or could RIM be hinting at the release date?
    05-14-11 10:46 AM
    On the press release photo, the date on the phone says May 20th, it's probably a coincidence, or could RIM be hinting at the release date?
    Where did you see that??
    05-14-11 10:54 AM
    Where did you see that??
    BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 Officially Announced! | CrackBerry.com
    look at the date on the phone
    05-14-11 11:19 AM
    Actually Torch didn't go through the same field test process as every other phone (except iPhone). It was tested by a very small group of testers nationwide and it took a little over 60 days.

Also 9900 is NOT in the field yet. It has been stated to be in the lab but has not been released for field trial yet. June is out at this point, July is sketchy at best. I believe August is the most realistic based on what we know now.
    PG
    Phonegeek any reason why u feel its August even if the phone comes to the field by early june and testing goes 45 days your still looking at a Mid July release, you don't think there's any chance it starts field testing in May?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-11 12:51 PM
    Never noticed that, but you're right... Even though I doubt it would launched on that date
    05-14-11 12:54 PM
    Never noticed that, but you're right... Even though I doubt it would launched on that date
    its the same on every official blackberry render, either the 20th/21st as the date and 21:21 as the time (definitely on the Bolds anyway) so i wouldn't read well anything into that..
    05-14-11 01:21 PM
343 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD