Am I the only pessimist here that thinks we will not see this device till the holiday season?
    I'm hoping you're the only one. Holiday season is way too far!
    05-04-11 06:25 PM
    Too many good android phones will be out by the holidays and this phone will be outdated on release like the 9650 was

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-11 06:50 PM
    Too many good android phones will be out by the holidays and this phone will be outdated on release like the 9650 was

Hopefully RIM gets this out before Fall (I think they will). And even if it gets delayed, I think it's unlikely to be outdated on release. 1.2ghz processor with 768mb of ram? At worst, it'll be on par with everything else.
    jinxednuance likes this.
    05-04-11 07:25 PM
    Hopefully RIM gets this out before Fall (I think they will). And even if it gets delayed, I think it's unlikely to be outdated on release. 1.2ghz processor with 768mb of ram? At worst, it'll be on par with everything else.
    hopefully rim gets this out like THIS weekend cause it'll probably look like a dinosaur when the ip5 launches. the phone looks super hot and I can't wait to get one but rim definitely needs to get their sh!t together.

05-04-11 10:10 PM
    Am I the only pessimist here that thinks we will not see this device till the holiday season?
    Are you referring to summer holidays or Christmas holidays?
    It's out on the Blackberry site again (I just checked) so it should be with carriers fairly soon - surely we won't have to wait too much longer.
    05-04-11 10:23 PM
    fingers are crossed L)
    05-04-11 10:46 PM
    Are you referring to summer holidays or Christmas holidays?
    It's out on the Blackberry site again (I just checked) so it should be with carriers fairly soon - surely we won't have to wait too much longer.
    It not officially out on the BB website. For example, you cannot add 9900/9930 to comparison table. That means "coming soon"... so it could be who knows when
    05-04-11 11:54 PM
    Hahaha! Everyone is foaming at the mouth over this Holy Grail. Me included. I have been checking every recent Google daily. Can't wait! soon we will all be posting here from our Bold Touch's!!!

05-05-11 12:29 AM
    I'm hoping you're the only one. Holiday season is way too far!
    Even if RIM releases it before the holidays, I'm afraid at&t will hold on to it until at least November.
    05-05-11 07:13 AM
    BGR is saying this won't launch till August and the other devices (monaco/maraco) won't be introduced untill DevCon in October with a launch date being aimed at the holdays. He is also saying they will launch a 10" PlayBook for the holidays.
    05-05-11 08:07 AM
    bgr is stupid and except for a few times in the last weeks not really known for their awesome reliable super secret sources with 100% accuracy
    their members consist of 95% apple&android fanboys, RIM-bashers (staff included)
    their headlines and articles are stupid

yea..
    Last edited by Seijuro; 05-05-11 at 08:14 AM.
    05-05-11 08:12 AM
    if it is delayed til december 1.2ghz single core will be outdated, so many other phones are coming out at similar speeds and dual core processors

not to mention the gimicky3d aspects
    05-05-11 09:52 AM
    bgr is stupid and except for a few times in the last weeks not really known for their awesome reliable super secret sources with 100% accuracy
    their members consist of 95% apple&android fanboys, RIM-bashers (staff included)
    their headlines and articles are stupid

yea..
    That is an excellent observation. BGR has the tendency to slant the BlackBerry Platform for whatever reason. I usually ignore this, but lately it has reached massive proportions.

I'm not sure what their particular interest in downing RIM is...although, I've noticed that Engadget does it as well. So it is most likely some sort of tech world policy to bash RIM.

I am glad you stated this though. I completely agree, but I also try to remember: They are not Journalists. They are People with a Website. They can post whatever they like. And I don't have to read, must less agree.

05-05-11 11:05 AM
    That is an excellent observation. BGR has the tendency to slant the BlackBerry Platform for whatever reason. I usually ignore this, but lately it has reached massive proportions.

I'm not sure what their particular interest in downing RIM is...although, I've noticed that Engadget does it as well. So it is most likely some sort of tech world policy to bash RIM.

I am glad you stated this though. I completely agree, but I also try to remember: They are not Journalists. They are People with a Website. They can post whatever they like. And I don't have to read, must less agree.

yup, true
    and i have to agree, engadget as well, just like bgr

so ridiculous, but well... we can just ignore it
    05-05-11 12:20 PM
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-bol...on-vodafone-uk I think this would shrug off any "August launch dates" I don't think Vodafone will put this as "coming soon" and "soon" being 3 months from now!
    05-05-11 12:33 PM
    My local AT&T store is turning into an iPhone and Android store. Only one small BB display (Torch) noticed 2 weeks ago. Never demo'd, much less sold the 9780 from that location. What's up? Will the 9900 go passed the door as well...? I understand that BB is 3rd in market share, but surely AT&T wouldn't drop the BB from its lineup. (The att premier web offerings are not much better than the store.)
    05-05-11 01:50 PM
    Cannot wait anymore

05-05-11 07:03 PM
    Cannot wait anymore

same boat!
    05-05-11 10:32 PM
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-bol...on-vodafone-uk I think this would shrug off any "August launch dates" I don't think Vodafone will put this as "coming soon" and "soon" being 3 months from now!
    Completely agree, there's no way they would put that up if it's not coming out in the next 4-6 weeks, it would just reduce sales of current phones!
    05-05-11 10:58 PM
    @jinxednuance
    I hope you are right. I can't wait until Rogers Canada release the phone.
    05-05-11 11:17 PM
    @jinxednuance
    I hope you are right. I can't wait until Rogers Canada release the phone.
    Are you going on a renewed contract or buying full price?
    05-05-11 11:19 PM
    I don't think Rogers will allow anyone to buy it outright when it comes out. You usually have to wait a couple of months before you can. But there are some 3rd party stores that will sell it outright. I had a hard time buying the Torch outright.
    05-06-11 12:15 AM
    My mom is so nice and she said she will take my 9700 and I will go with a two year contract with Rogers and pay some money upfront. Reason for this is that I am a tech guy and I kept replacing my phone almost every two years.

I actually wanted to ask someone. Is it a good idea to go for a 2 year contact and pay the difference or just buy outright?

Thanks.
    05-06-11 03:10 PM
    I don't think Rogers will allow anyone to buy it outright when it comes out. You usually have to wait a couple of months before you can. But there are some 3rd party stores that will sell it outright. I had a hard time buying the Torch outright.

Will they allow me to go for a 2 year contract? My parents are not so happy for paying my University fees and plus for all the new phone upgrades I make in middle of three year contracts. I already broke a contact with Telus to upgrade to BB 9700 about a year ago.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 05-06-11 at 03:16 PM.
    05-06-11 03:12 PM
    no such thing as a 2 year contract on Rogers, or any Canadian carrier afaik.

instead of breaking your contract to get a new phone, call in a year or so into your contract and get a retentions rep to get you an early upgrade.
    mssca likes this.
    05-06-11 03:25 PM
343 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD