okay, how about via the desktop software? is that safe? because i really dont wna go through that process unless i absolutely have to.
    #

You have to delete the Vendor.xml files once you have downloaded and installed the OS on your PC but once you have done so the update will show as being available on DM.
    Ice_Cold_Q likes this.
    02-01-14 04:56 AM
    #

You have to delete the Vendor.xml files once you have downloaded and installed the OS on your PC but once you have done so the update will show as being available on DM.
    Thanks for all of your help, really appreciate it!
    02-01-14 10:03 AM
    Have done a couple upgrades on my q10 with mega autoloader. I'm assuming the 1098 update loads the same way?

I'm assuming its...
    1. download the file and save it on my laptop
    2. do a security wipe of 9900
    3. attach the usb to laptop and 9900
    4. open the file on my laptop and let it run
    5. after it is finished, disconnect phone and start using it

If this isn't the procedure or I am missing something...can anyone there who can offer a 1-2-3-4 step by step for a new 9900 I have purchased?

Thanks in advance.
    02-14-14 10:48 PM
    Have done a couple upgrades on my q10 with mega autoloader. I'm assuming the 1098 update loads the same way?

I'm assuming its...
    1. download the file and save it on my laptop
    2. do a security wipe of 9900
    3. attach the usb to laptop and 9900
    4. open the file on my laptop and let it run
    5. after it is finished, disconnect phone and start using it

If this isn't the procedure or I am missing something...can anyone there who can offer a 1-2-3-4 step by step for a new 9900 I have purchased?

Thanks in advance.
    See post 47 for a detailed how to install guide.
    02-15-14 04:34 AM
    Ok...saw that...wasn't sure sure that applied to all of us. Post 47 it is. Thanks.
    02-15-14 07:04 AM
    Have to return defective phone that I had installed this leak OS...need to get it back to its stock 7.1.0.2430 before returning. How does one reverse the process on a Bold 9900 in US?
    02-22-14 03:46 PM
    Got my answer from another thread in the Forum. Got to love Crackberry!
    02-22-14 06:51 PM
    Anyone running this without issue on US AT&T?
    03-18-14 04:21 PM
    Anyone running this without issue on US AT&T?
    The internet browser locked up on me once and had to do a battery pull, other then that overall faster performance.
    03-31-14 12:50 PM
    Finally got around to installing this and I can now confirm that everything is running perfectly smooth

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-31-14 07:11 PM
    Thanks again. Aren't you the one who posted that http://rroyy.com/battery/ ? Sorry i am new here. If it weren't for you i would have kept using my BB 9900 charging every 4 hours Luckily i figured that out lately that my OS is the culprit. Now on 7.1.0.523, and its doing wonders! Respect Royy! Will try that new one also. Just wondering if it goes smoothly through DM? I didn't use vendor file deleting at all and it worked smoothly with my operator here in Pakistan. I was wondering if i can use the same process for this update? Anyone? Don't want to lose great battery timing i have just started to enjoy.
    04-07-14 10:16 PM
    Try reading the post prior to yours !!!
    This like i am giving you is for your signature and not for the post itself
    04-07-14 10:30 PM
    Sometimes it is hidden.

Try going into Options>Device>Advanced System Settings. Hold Alt and type BBDA. Exit and go back into Advanced Settings and BBDA should be there if it is installed with the OS.
    Spent like a gazillion threads to figure that out!
    04-07-14 10:39 PM
    #

Are there any guidance notes for installations using a Mac OSX and the BB Desktop Software? I have downloaded the <9900AllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2930_PL5.1.0.701_A7.1.0.1 098_O2_UK.exe> file, but don't know how to reveal and delete the vendor files.
    Advice welcomed ...
    04-09-14 03:24 PM
    Are there any guidance notes for installations using a Mac OSX and the BB Desktop Software? I have downloaded the <9900AllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2930_PL5.1.0.701_A7.1.0.1 098_O2_UK.exe> file, but don't know how to reveal and delete the vendor files.
    Advice welcomed ...
    Since file is .exe format, u must install windows parallel on ur Mac.
    Mac OS X only can update online on BB Desktop Software, to the latest version OS according from ur device vendor ...
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    04-11-14 12:07 PM
    Hello all? Is this the latest 9900 OS outhere?? And I have an at&t 9900 on 7.1.0.428 (1424).... So I want to know if this version can enable 2G alone or 3G alone in mobile network settings? Because at&t OS don't.. Thank you.
    04-20-14 07:28 AM
    Hello all? Is this the latest 9900 OS outhere?? And I have an at&t 9900 on 7.1.0.428 (1424).... So I want to know if this version can enable 2G alone or 3G alone in mobile network settings? Because at&t OS don't.. Thank you.
    This is the latest OS available for the 9900.

The 2G/3G option has been blocked by your carrier if I remember correctly so whichever OS you use it will not be available.
    04-21-14 04:44 AM
    Hi
    Not a very stable release. Touch screen issues and music player slider bad response when back from sleep mode, need to press top button twice to recover. Back to 1047 and no more problem.
    Soon.
    04-27-14 04:34 PM
    thanks
    04-28-14 01:24 AM
    05-13-14 11:22 AM

The 2G/3G option has been blocked by your carrier if I remember correctly so whichever OS you use it will not be available.
    This is correct and another reason I left the death star back in November for T-Mobile and then I could have my mobile network settings back.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    06-03-14 03:52 PM
    I'm having issues with sent email with this release on AT&T. I compose emails while I'm on the subway without a signal and send them. When the 9900 gets a signal it sends out the emails and I see a check mark next to them. Then later on the icon changes back from a check mark to a clock like it's still waiting to send them. Then later on when I use the 9900 it attempts to send the emails again. The recipients end up receiving multiple copies of the same email at different times because the 9900 didn't keep the indicator that the email was successfully sent the first time. Today my colleagues got 4 emails again that had been successfully sent yesterday.

I'm either going back version 1047 or the official AT&T release version 862.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-19-14 11:12 AM

How do the network lock that? I have a BB 9900 from at&t and am not in the US and neither am I using at&t sim card.. Is the block permanent? No way around it?
    06-24-14 03:47 AM
    Hi,

downloaded the exe file and what do I need to do next? never install os update this way before.

Please help
    07-21-14 12:16 AM
    Hi,

downloaded the exe file and what do I need to do next? never install os update this way before.

Please help
    ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE
    (updated 2012-09-01)

1.(Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2.Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
    *If 100% certain you previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3.Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4.On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5.Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6.Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7.(Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8.On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
    64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9.(Optional/Recommended) Run BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS) or BB Boss v2.2 (not as updated as BBHT).
    10.In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11.After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

**TROUBLESHOOTING**
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1.Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2.Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
    64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3.Restart PC.
    4.Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5.Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6.Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).
    07-21-14 06:11 AM
92 1234