lol YO i dont even CARE about it having a horrible battery i have an expensive phone i cant do **** with!
    Yeah, I dont care much for those iPhones either.
    newshutr likes this.
    12-19-11 11:34 AM
    Sprint states that Mobile Hotspot will add additional $29.99 a month!
    12-19-11 12:08 PM
    Sprint states that Mobile Hotspot will add additional $29.99 a month!
    No problems thus far. Ps. In trinidad, we don't have to pay for the hotspot feature
    12-19-11 12:39 PM
    Confirmed 7.1 does NOT fix bricked phones
    12-19-11 12:53 PM
    No luck, I've tried everything I can think of. I never had problems loading an OS on my VZW 9930 before this 7.1* build. Other versions load just fine, which makes me think it's something to do with this particular release. The phone reboots with the red light on for about 2 seconds, then reboots again with the keypad & screen showing the boot loader which fails & reboots again about 20secs into loading. I've tried with both DM & AppLoader.
    You said you found both vendor files. Here may be the problem. When you tried to install through apploader there may have been a file reinstalled via sprint. I had to check three times before I actually was able to be recognized and start the install. I removed both vendor files but they reappeared just after. I had to delete them once again and then I was good, the update was found. When I got to the Java portion, I had the 507 error and it seemed as though it was bricked. I went to the device and saw that DM had a "retry" option. I hit that 3-4 times with no success. I then unplugged the 9930 for one second and then plugged it back in. I hit retry two-three times and boom, it started completing the install. It will work as long as you make sure you've gotten both the vendor files. Oh, and unplugging it will do nothing to harm the phone. If the Java 507 error remains, you just have to reinstall from the beginning.
    12-19-11 01:35 PM
    I cannot get this to install for the life of me. I've never had so much trouble installing an OS.
    12-19-11 03:36 PM
    BBM Beta 6.1.0.37 updated for OS 7.1!

I cannot get this to install for the life of me. I've never had so much trouble installing an OS.
    It shouldn't be any different than installing any other OS. Install to PC, delete both vendor.xml files, run apploader, viola.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-19-11 at 04:22 PM.
    bgriff25 likes this.
    12-19-11 04:20 PM

It shouldn't be any different than installing any other OS. Install to PC, delete both vendor.xml files, run apploader, viola.
    When installing (trying) via DM my device isn't even recognized, so I can't even do a back-up, and via App Loader it hangs.
    12-19-11 06:09 PM
    When installing (trying) via DM my device isn't even recognized, so I can't even do a back-up, and via App Loader it hangs.
    were you able to find and remove the two vendor.xml files?
    12-19-11 06:41 PM
    were you able to find and remove the two vendor.xml files?
    Multiple times..
    12-19-11 06:52 PM
    Battery life is still pretty bad for me. Been a few days now, and multiple battery pulls. Just had a 10% drop in an hour with only texting and light browsing. Minimal apps installed and GPS, NFC, and bluetooth all turned off. This is all after a proper clean wipe and some minor shrinking even.

Besides that, still having sporadic signal issues, though to a lesser extent. Otherwise no complaints but these are obviously big issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-11 07:00 PM
    Not experiencing any of those issues. And I have Bluetooth and LAN turned on. Getting around the same battery life that I normally get.

Battery life is still pretty bad for me. Been a few days now, and multiple battery pulls. Just had a 10% drop in an hour with only texting and light browsing. Minimal apps installed and GPS, NFC, and bluetooth all turned off. This is all after a proper clean wipe and some minor shrinking even.

Besides that, still having sporadic signal issues, though to a lesser extent. Otherwise no complaints but these are obviously big issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-11 07:45 PM
    loving the 7.1.. device feels noticably snappier over all. battery is not as great so far but it's still too early to tell.. one issue i'm having is with the notification pane. sometimes when i click items it doesn't work.. for example i'll have an sms message waiting and when i click the sms it doesn't work, but when i click on text messages it opens my text message folder as it should.. but clicking the item does not work until i reset. any ideas?
    12-19-11 08:24 PM
    installed this on verizon phone, battery life was horrendous...
    downgraded back to 7.0.0.374
    12-19-11 08:25 PM
    This is just ridiculous. I've deleted the vendor files, tried installing via App Loader (when it decides it wants to recognize my device) still no go. Tried installing via Desktop Manager, doesn't recognize my device on 1 Windows & 2 Mac machines. I've deleted the OS, reinstalled, uninstalled DM, reinstalled, all with no go.

I've tried this OS release and the latest official from Verizon, both with no luck. Oh, and this is day 2 of trying to install this.

After all this headache, I've decided on calling Verizon & trying to get a new phone. Android here I come.
    12-19-11 09:05 PM
    Did you delete remnants of the old installed OS in the Loader Files?
    12-19-11 09:27 PM

Viola

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-19-11 10:05 PM
    This is just ridiculous. I've deleted the vendor files, tried installing via App Loader (when it decides it wants to recognize my device) still no go. Tried installing via Desktop Manager, doesn't recognize my device on 1 Windows & 2 Mac machines. I've deleted the OS, reinstalled, uninstalled DM, reinstalled, all with no go.

I've tried this OS release and the latest official from Verizon, both with no luck. Oh, and this is day 2 of trying to install this.

After all this headache, I've decided on calling Verizon & trying to get a new phone. Android here I come.
    So basically, you would not recommend installing an update meant for the Sprint 9930 on the Verizon 9930, right?
    12-20-11 02:00 AM
    So basically, you would not recommend installing an update meant for the Sprint 9930 on the Verizon 9930, right?
    skullcandy365 will most likely not be recommending any BlackBerry upgrades. If you were to install it and not like it, reverting is as simple as installing an upgrade. Just with a lower version number.
    12-20-11 02:12 AM

If you're running Windows Vista or 7 64-bit, you need to run DM and apploader (Loader.exe) as admin, or with administrator privileges. Right-click the icon and select "Run as administrator".
    12-20-11 02:18 AM
    Regarding battery life, I'm seeing the "insta-drop" down to 92% in the first 15 minutes, but after that it has been great. Keep in mind this quick 8% drop skews the average discharge rate.
    Yeah..I have this also. Started to get worried I had a battery that was going bad early..
    12-20-11 04:46 AM

Had problems also. I don't know if it will help you or If you tried it, but after deleting the vendor files, I rebooted my computer.. then tried the app loader and it worked like a charm.
    12-20-11 05:35 AM
    You mean... installing a 9930 update for a 9930...
    12-20-11 05:37 AM
    I've never had any problems before with installing an OS, but this one, and even the most recent official from Verizon, I cannot get to install.

If you're running Windows Vista or 7 64-bit, you need to run DM and apploader (Loader.exe) as admin, or with administrator privileges. Right-click the icon and select "Run as administrator".
    I'm actually running Win 7 32-bit. And, like I said, I've uninstalled DM at least 4 or 5 times, fully removing all files & restarting before I install again. DM will either hang on 'Initializing Device' (if it's a new device), or it'll hang on backing up files.

App Loader will hang on backing up Smart Card options.
    12-20-11 06:29 AM
    Everyone who was asking about VzW PTT working, for some reason it only works with official VzW releases, you can make it work with leaks if you know what files to add, otherwise you get that error message.
    12-20-11 06:33 AM
362 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD