11-18-11 04:32 PM
173 ... 34567
tools
    for the record, mine installed via BBDM AFTER the two vendor.xml files were deleted....Verizon BB 9930 lovin life....i was running .353 and i am likin this new .362!!!
    09-19-11 03:40 PM
    SO NOW that we have it up and running.....what are the findings/fixes that have occured? Glad to be a crackberry And please dont mention the word __ b a t t e r y__ until u have used this for a few days.......
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    09-19-11 03:43 PM
    Battery is very solid, at least as good as .353.
    Mic_JP likes this.
    09-19-11 03:45 PM
    there is no arabic language !!! how can i install it ?
    09-19-11 03:52 PM
    YES PAPPED!!!! After using over the weekend I must say the battery is SOLID....i am very happy so far with this build....
    phoney49 likes this.
    09-19-11 03:53 PM
    there is no arabic language !!! how can i install it ?
    noticed this as well, i guess this is not a multi-language release ... have to go back to 353 until next release of international version. i tried to put the *_ar.cod files from 353 on with 362 but it didn't work, just read no input.
    09-19-11 06:00 PM
    Forgive my ignorance on this, can I just cut and paste this into the run dialogue box?

"dir /a /s c:\vendor.xml
    I would type "cmd" into the run box, and then copy / paste the string (without any quotes) into the command prompt window. If you just run it from the dialog box it will flash by quickly and you won't see where the file was located on the drive.
    09-19-11 07:00 PM
    any Sprint users tried this build? thoughts?
    09-19-11 09:47 PM
    any Sprint users tried this build? thoughts?
    I also want to know this, I'm a sprint user currently running the VZW build
    09-19-11 10:42 PM
    I'm a Sprint user. So far, seems ok. Had trouble woth internet, but it was at roughly the same time RIM servers were jacked up. I also had my browser unexpectedly crash on me twice. Not really seeing any actual improvements, so I'd say you may want to wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 12:19 AM
    I have absolutely no issues with this build and I am on Sprint.
    09-20-11 05:03 AM
    Hi Folks...

I have a 9930 on Sprint and just installed this version without issues. I installed it directly through the Desktop Manager Software instead of following the instructions to use the loader posted here. Everything went perfectly smooth and without any issue.

The best part of this OS upgrade is that they fixed the problem with the trackpad. Specifically, the OS version currently being supplied with Sprint causes the trackpad to act crazy when your thumb vertically scrolls while using the browser. What is happening is that your thumb hits the bottom of the screen causing the page to immediately go back down to the bottom. With this new version this is solved as Blackberry made that small portion of the bottom of the screen non-responsive while using your trackpad. This in no way affects just using the trackpad though.

Also, OS is much faster including browsing and running applications. Trust me, you want to do this upgrade.
    09-20-11 12:42 PM
    Does this OS fix the issue that the touchscreen comes un responsive while scrolling down in the browser? All the OS's I've had have this issue where it gets stuck untill I use the trackpad and then the touchscrene starts working....

09-20-11 01:53 PM
    Yes it does 100% for sure - fixes every trackpad issue including what you describe!
    09-20-11 05:23 PM
    I'm on Sprint Running .362. It's been wonderful for me. It's actually fixed my batter drain issues. After 2 days, my batter drop went from 13% an hour to about 7% an hour, and has been great otherwise. It's good to be on an OS optimized for CDMA.

carlos320 likes this.
    09-20-11 05:55 PM
    How-to unhide hidden files in Windows 7 | Windows 7 Themes
    EVERYONE is having a hard time installing.....it has been said numerous times so I posted this link for you to see(this is just one way) how to uncover that hidden vendor.xml file....this is only if you are running windows 7.....I installed mine with no problems after I deleted two vendor.xml files( one which is hidden)....i hope this helps
    ... i deleted only one... where's the other one hidden if you mind sharing its location.. not an issue but i'd like to get rid of it..
    thanks in advance...

edit:

I got it. Thanks heaps.
    Last edited by tda_tda; 09-21-11 at 10:30 AM.
    Mic_JP likes this.
    09-21-11 10:22 AM
    This is my first time loading a new OS my by phone. I am using apploader. In the screen to select the applications to install, there are several that I do not recognize and that are unchecked. Do I need any/all of these? They are the following:

Supplemental SureType Wordlists
    Blackberry S/Mime Support Package
    DOD Root Certificates

The size column entry for all of these is 0K. Does that mean there is nothing to install? Thanks in advance for the help.
    09-21-11 10:13 PM
    Installed on my Verizon 9930 last night. It does seem more responsive (especially the track pad and touch screen). Battery life seemed worse than stock (.254), but the software may need a few days to calibrate. Will post a follow-up after the weekend.
    09-22-11 09:53 AM
    Can someone please check if the hidden icons reappear in the media panel after a reboot on this os? Running 353 currently. Thanks
    09-23-11 11:06 AM
    What happened to the old system of putting Pros in blue and Cons in red . It really helped when sifting through all the info trying to decide to upgrade or not. Thanks
    09-23-11 03:13 PM
    This is my first time loading a new OS my by phone. I am using apploader. In the screen to select the applications to install, there are several that I do not recognize and that are unchecked. Do I need any/all of these? They are the following:

Supplemental SureType Wordlists

Blackberry S/Mime Support Package

DOD Root Certificates

The size column entry for all of these is 0K. Does that mean there is nothing to install? Thanks in advance for the help.

Those are not needed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-23-11 04:47 PM
    Best build so far I think. I don't seem to have as many issues with my inbox crashing when opening a new email (would just go back to home screen). I don't seem to recall the browser crashing at all yet either. Both were frequent problems on I think .340 was the last one I had installed. Can't remember now...
    09-24-11 08:02 AM
    Has signal improved with this build?
    09-24-11 06:57 PM
    Signal has been pretty good for me.
    09-25-11 09:43 PM
    My experience with the battery on this OS build (vs. Verizon .254) is quite an improvement!

The battery runs down less quickly while the phone is mostly idle. The difference is significant. With little screen use, I will get over 30 hours before the battery dies. On .254 I would have been lucky to get 20 hours under the same conditions. When I say "idle", I mean that I don't pick up the phone often and check an email / phone call, etc. I do have several apps syncing fairly frequently, and am having several emails per hour pushed to the phone.

I can't say I know enough to judge whether heavy use (screen, GPS, phone, browsing, etc.) drains the battery less under .362. That said, the drain rate at idle is critical, since the vast majority of time I am not typing away on my phone... it's just sitting there waiting.

So, I really get much more useful battery life out of .362. I waited patiently for someone to compare this OS to the last official build (.254). It wasn't forthcoming, so I took the plunge. I hope this is useful for some out there who may be considering an upgrade.
    09-26-11 03:25 PM
173 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD