11-18-11 04:32 PM
173 ... 23456 ...
tools
    You probably have the Intel 3400 chipset. Try another computer or you will have hours of headache. I have an XP laptop I only get out to update my OS....
    I had to run apploader as an administrator on my Windows 7 computer
    09-17-11 05:33 PM
    I have downloaded the file and followed the steps given by the OP, however, it's not working for me. I've deleted the "vender.XML" file and then I click "loader.exe". There is an option to back-up and restore application data. Nothing seems to happen! The Blackberry is communicating with the PC when the loader is working. What might I be doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jake
    09-17-11 06:28 PM
    I have wiped my device with BBSAK and deleted the vendor file, then used DM to load the new OS. I still have all the Verizon icons, service books and logos.

I wanted a generic OS. What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance.
    09-17-11 07:19 PM
    ^^ The verizon bloatware gets pushed to you via service books
    09-17-11 07:21 PM
    ^^ The verizon bloatware gets pushed to you via service books
    Like when it connects to the network?

Kinda sucks, but ok then.
    09-17-11 07:33 PM
    I have downloaded the file and followed the steps given by the OP, however, it's not working for me. I've deleted the "vender.XML" file and then I click "loader.exe". There is an option to back-up and restore application data. Nothing seems to happen! The Blackberry is communicating with the PC when the loader is working. What might I be doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jake
    This excact problem happened to me and I had to use Desktop Manager to install the OS.

Use this to install your OS. Blackberry.com/507

Its what I used and it worked great.
    09-17-11 07:45 PM
    The same way you uninstall any other OS... via Control Panel

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lol it doesnt show up
    09-17-11 10:06 PM
    lol it doesnt show up
    Lol? If it doesn't show up, then it isn't installed.

09-18-11 03:11 AM
    I'm doing something wrong. My Desktop Manager is updated and I've loaded the software file. The desktop manager does not recognize that there is an updated OS on my computer and I can't use the Loader.exe file to load the new OS on the Blackberry. I may just be not doing something right, just not sure. I followed the instructions by the OP. Is there anything that I need to do to make sure that the DM recognizes the new OS? Thanks for any help.
    09-18-11 11:14 AM
    I'm doing something wrong. My Desktop Manager is updated and I've loaded the software file. The desktop manager does not recognize that there is an updated OS on my computer and I can't use the Loader.exe file to load the new OS on the Blackberry.
    Try this, it can't hurt... goodluck. Let us know!

http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...-bbsak-570663/
    09-18-11 02:52 PM
    Run this from the command line in windows "dir /a /s C:\Vendor.xml", and watch in amazement as you find your hidden vendor file.

Windows explorer is not to be trusted to find certain files, this is in a location that doesn't always get indexed.
    Yep. BTW, the file date you see in the screenshot is not for any 9930 OS, as I don't have any OS for it installed on my PC. So this must be for my old Tour

Start, Run, command <--------for XP users to run the above search line for Vendor.xml. Just in case.
    09-18-11 03:02 PM
    hi everyone. can i use this OS to my bold9900?
    09-18-11 09:05 PM
    hi everyone. can i use this OS to my bold9900?
    No you can't. The OS files for the 9930 are different than those for the 9900.

oneday116 likes this.
    09-18-11 09:53 PM
    .362 is running great for me. No issues with install. All's good.
    09-18-11 11:42 PM
    Loaded this up a few hours after release. Had some problems installing using apploader, finally tried desktop manager and voila!

Haven't noticed any dramatic difference in battery life. Still getting that severe system error in the event log. Browser feels about the same. It might feel a bit snappier but with a new OS I almost always think that. All in all, doesn't seem much different than 353.
    09-19-11 12:09 AM
    Run this from the command line in windows "dir /a /s C:\Vendor.xml", and watch in amazement as you find your hidden vendor file.

Windows explorer is not to be trusted to find certain files, this is in a location that doesn't always get indexed.
    Can someone explain for me. I have the same issue that it wont load an update. Driving me nuts.

I cant find a 2nd vendor file anywhere????
    09-19-11 09:12 AM
    run a search for "vendor" in the files
    09-19-11 09:25 AM
    I cannot stress it enought - if you are doing a search and do not include "hidden files," your search will be pointless.

Search your entire C:\ drive.
    09-19-11 10:02 AM
    I'm not seeing enough reason for me to update. I know it's only been days but I think i'll wait until i see a big enough difference in the versions
    09-19-11 11:07 AM
    Wasn't sure to try this since .353 was running well....Glad I did, notice a difference as touch screen seems snappier and browser is running a touch quicker. Been using for a few days and overall, phone seems to be running smoother and quicker. Even had a little bump on battery life but been playing around with that so will not confirm if it was due to this OS .362. Load up and boot time was quick and painless....VZW BB 9930
    09-19-11 11:27 AM
    no matter I do I can not get this to be loaded onto my blackberry via the DM or the AppLoader. I have deleted every single file on my computer that has the word "vendor" in it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not understand what the issue us.

So frustrating
    09-19-11 11:55 AM
    no matter I do I can not get this to be loaded onto my blackberry via the DM or the AppLoader. I have deleted every single file on my computer that has the word "vendor" in it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not understand what the issue us.

So frustrating
    Just for fun, try this. Close down DM and app loader, then disconnect your computer from the internet. Either pull the ethernet cord or disable the interface in windows, just disconnect from the internet completely.

Then try to use DM or app loader to update the OS. I have seen rare cases where a connection is made back to RIM's servers and they deem that the OS is not to be loaded on your device.

Other then that, you're missing that file somewhere on your system, do you have another HDD or partition in that system? Did the "dir /a /s c:\vendor.xml" command return 0 files found?
    09-19-11 12:44 PM
    Wow, battery life is way better with this OS. I was using Verizons. Huge difference.

Last edited by HankHowdy; 09-19-11 at 02:08 PM.
    09-19-11 12:46 PM
    Just for fun, try this. Close down DM and app loader, then disconnect your computer from the internet. Either pull the ethernet cord or disable the interface in windows, just disconnect from the internet completely.

Then try to use DM or app loader to update the OS. I have seen rare cases where a connection is made back to RIM's servers and they deem that the OS is not to be loaded on your device.

Other then that, you're missing that file somewhere on your system, do you have another HDD or partition in that system? Did the "dir /a /s c:\vendor.xml" command return 0 files found?
    Forgive my ignorance on this, can I just cut and paste this into the run dialogue box?

"dir /a /s c:\vendor.xml
    09-19-11 01:23 PM
    How-to unhide hidden files in Windows 7 | Windows 7 Themes
    EVERYONE is having a hard time installing.....it has been said numerous times so I posted this link for you to see(this is just one way) how to uncover that hidden vendor.xml file....this is only if you are running windows 7.....I installed mine with no problems after I deleted two vendor.xml files( one which is hidden)....i hope this helps
    09-19-11 03:36 PM
173 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD