Battery life is better than the packed OS but nowhere as good as the leaked .340 Sorry, after 4 days use i am returning to .340.

:P
    09-27-11 02:14 AM
    So I've been using 9930 with a GSM card,

my battery life is 19% an hour on OS .362
    13% an hour on OS .340
    22% an hour on OS .254

AND Secondly:

anyone figured out how to turn off the location crosshairs? or is that on all the time no matter what?
    09-27-11 02:23 AM

13% an hour on OS .340
    22% an hour on OS .254

AND Secondly:

anyone figured out how to turn off the location crosshairs? or is that on all the time no matter what?
    Are those measurements at idle or average usage? Heavy usage?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-11 02:27 PM
    Ok, this is strange. Today my usage is only slightly heavier, but my drain rate has tripled. The only change is that I'm not on Wifi. My signal has fluctuated, as I'm moving around, but it hasn't been horrible, so that doesn't explain it. Perhaps this OS is better on Wifi but horrible on 3G? I have the same apps running, so that shouldn't affect things either. Does anyone have any ideas or similar experiences?

Could the OS be behaving differently due to some periodic cleanup or something? I rebooted (soft reboot) mid-morning to see if that would help, but it didn't.
    09-27-11 03:25 PM

13% an hour on OS .340
    22% an hour on OS .254

AND Secondly:

Options/Location Settings/Location Services set to Location Off...
    09-27-11 05:04 PM
    Hi, I am on the original verizon OS .254. Is it worth upgrading to .362 or even .340? The only thing I am really interested in is better battery life. If it helps with the occasional freezing (touch screen does nothing) that would be great too.

Thanks for any feedback.

Sophace
    09-27-11 05:52 PM
    Other than today's temporary (hopefully) bizarre battery drain issues, .362 has been much better than .254 for me. Much of the day, I was draining at 10 to 15% per hour with relatively minor usage. Perhaps a battery pull fixed it, but honestly I think it's some intermittent process. After a battery pull, and putting the phone on a charger about 20 minutes later, it reverted to the approximately 3% per hour drain.

I don't know what it's doing. It's bizarre. I'm looking for any explanations while I watch to see if the rapid drain happens again. Perhaps it's some occasional OS process. Or, perhaps some RSS feed in the Social Feeds app was causing a problem before the app gave up on it.
    09-27-11 11:01 PM
    I've got some memory leak developing recently. I think I read a few pages back that its from the browser. I dropped ~20mb overnight and consequently, my phone is starting to bog down slightly
    09-28-11 02:09 PM
    i dont know what im doing wrong but when i run loader.exe i give me a error "handheld application loader wizard has stopped working" "windows can check online for a solution to the problem" tha
    -chack online for a solution and close the program
    -close the program

note: i have windows 7 and i try to run it as administrator and the same happen
    please help men thanks
    09-29-11 08:33 AM
    I am working on a theory for my battery issues, but want to test some more before reporting. I noticed a few other things:

1. Blackberry Maps won't stay as a Favorite after reboot. I have to re-add it as a favorite after each restart.

2. Some icons won't stay hidden after restart. I've seen that this is a problem on other OS versions as well.

3. My browser crashes more often than it did with .254. It's not bad enough to make me regret this upgrade, and it restarts automatically with the same tabs open, so that makes it better.

4. Restarts are a bit faster: under 3 minutes for me. The previous OS took about a minute longer.
    10-02-11 09:22 AM
    After this upgrade I am not able to get into App World. I suspect that is pure coincidence as to a server issue. I am on VZW. That shouldn't be an issue should it?
    10-02-11 11:50 AM
    Others have the problem, as do I, as of yesterday:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issues-656264/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issues-656244/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...53/index2.html

Verizon tells me there are still issues with Blackberry servers from yesterday.
    10-02-11 11:55 AM
    Battery is pretty awesome for me since loading this OS last night. Meterberry had me losing about 6.7% per hour on day one with my 9930. I loaded .362 last night, and my phone's been off the charger since 1:03 a.m. with only 3.8% lost an hour.

That's with some good Twitter use (refreshing/tweeting), some App World browsing, a few phone calls, texting, light email, on Wi-Fi, about 15 minutes of music, Google Talk running, and browser refreshing to check my Fantasy Football matchup.

I'm happy.
    10-02-11 07:09 PM
    Does anyone know how to update to this OS using a Mac without Windows bootcamp thing?
    Last edited by i3ddy; 10-02-11 at 08:55 PM.
    10-02-11 08:51 PM
    3% an hour at idle is bad especially when the phone is designed to last 30 days at idle, read the box lul.

10-02-11 09:00 PM
    3% an hour at idle is bad especially when the phone is designed to last 30 days at idle, read the box lul.

I don't think it would be possible for 30 days of standby time without having the network on. But with network 2G or 3G would be impossible. Let alone if it was "4G" as well. I don't have the box, but on GSMArena, it says 307 hours with 2G or 3G which is just shy of 13 days. Where did you get your numbers from?
    10-03-11 08:23 PM
    How do you view compatibility files in Windows 7? I can't find where to click to view and delete the vendor file.

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.0.0.1702 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 7.0.0.1702
    Consisting of:

Applications: 7.0.0.362
    Software Platform: 5.0.0.552
    File name: 9930AMEA_PBr7.0.0_rel1702_PL5.0.0.552_A7.0.0.362_P TCI.exe
    File size: 188.32MB

Download Here

or

or select your device from the dropdown menu here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B46EA474902797

AllLang files: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Instructions for installing on the 9930:
    1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously) and voila, it will allow you to update to the newly installed OS!
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process may take up to 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a black "BlackBerry" screen with a status bar for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
    If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again, and it should load the OS to the device.
    10-04-11 05:32 PM
    No matter what I do and how many times i delete and redownload the new software I cant figure out how to get it to work so i can update my 9930. Can someone please help me......Ive done this many times before with out any problems but this time i need help.

10-04-11 08:09 PM
    My app world started working a few hours later. All is good now. I am pretty happy with .362 except for the battery life isn't too good. I bought 2 charging pods.

Others have the problem, as do I, as of yesterday:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issues-656264/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issues-656244/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...53/index2.html

Verizon tells me there are still issues with Blackberry servers from yesterday.
    10-04-11 10:50 PM
    I am with Rogers in Canada and want the option of 3G/2G only like I had on my Torch. Someone from RIM called me and he just happened to be in the US and had a 9900 with TMobile. His version was 7.0.465 and had this option! Why are we not able to get this in Canada???????????
    10-05-11 10:04 AM
    How do you view compatibility files in Windows 7? I can't find where to click to view and delete the vendor file.
    Why would you need to view compatibility? If you're trying to install the OS, read below.

No matter what I do and how many times i delete and redownload the new software I cant figure out how to get it to work so i can update my 9930. Can someone please help me......Ive done this many times before with out any problems but this time i need help.

Gist of it. (or you can search this forum for more detailed instructions)

Download OS. Install
    Restart computer
    Delete vendor file
    Back up phone through BDM
    Usually BDM detects the new software and gives you the option to install update through there. (check for new OS software)

If that doesn't work;
    Download OS. Install
    Restart computer
    Delete vendor file
    BBSAK - Back up 3rd party apps (unless you want to download each individual app again)
    BBSAK - Wipe device.
    (Now this step I never get it to work according to the "instructions" I normally have to go through command prompt. Which I will list.)

BBSAK - Load OS (which I've never gotten to work) but if you can't get this work either follow the next step.
    Open cmd prompt. (This is based off 64 bit os) type these lines:
    CD C:\
    CD Program Files (x86)
    CD Common Files
    CD Research in Motion
    CD Apploader
    loader.exe /nojvm

The loader should appear and follow steps to install OS on the phone.

After it has successfully installed the OS on the phone, go back to BBSAK, restore the 3rd party apps, then go back to BDM and restore user data.

I am with Rogers in Canada and want the option of 3G/2G only like I had on my Torch. Someone from RIM called me and he just happened to be in the US and had a 9900 with TMobile. His version was 7.0.465 and had this option! Why are we not able to get this in Canada???????????
    Not that the 3G/2G option concerns me, but more of the OS build. How is he on .465? I haven't even heard of that being released nor could I find a single thread on the web. Are you sure he wasn't talking about a "9700 on 6.0.0.465"."
    10-05-11 01:35 PM
    1 app not working for me : RestartMe! . uninstalled and installed it again, still no reaction when i try to use it. well, not a big problem .
    You don't need a reboot app. Just press Alt+Caps+Del at the same time to reboot.
    10-06-11 01:25 PM
    Why would you need to view compatibility? If you're trying to install the OS, read below.

Gist of it. (or you can search this forum for more detailed instructions)

Download OS. Install
    Restart computer
    Delete vendor file
    Usually BDM detects the new software and gives you the option to install update through there. (check for new OS software)

If that doesn't work;
    Download OS. Install
    Restart computer
    Delete vendor file
    BBSAK - Back up 3rd party apps (unless you want to download each individual app again)
    BBSAK - Wipe device.
    (Now this step I never get it to work according to the "instructions" I normally have to go through command prompt. Which I will list.)

BBSAK - Load OS (which I've never gotten to work) but if you can't get this work either follow the next step.
    Open cmd prompt. (This is based off 64 bit os) type these lines:
    CD C:\
    CD Program Files (x86)
    CD Common Files
    CD Research in Motion
    CD Apploader
    loader.exe /nojvm

The loader should appear and follow steps to install OS on the phone.

After it has successfully installed the OS on the phone, go back to BBSAK, restore the 3rd party apps, then go back to BDM and restore user data.

Not that the 3G/2G option concerns me, but more of the OS build. How is he on .465? I haven't even heard of that being released nor could I find a single thread on the web. Are you sure he wasn't talking about a "9700 on 6.0.0.465"."

OK so i did what the instructions above says to do and it still is not working. My BDM is telling me that it is up to date with the 7.0.0.254. PLEASEEEEEE help me
    10-06-11 07:10 PM
    OK so i did what the instructions above says to do and it still is not working. My BDM is telling me that it is up to date with the 7.0.0.254. PLEASEEEEEE help me
    Hey Buddie, don't worry i came to the rescue... lol

1st follow this step;

How-to unhide hidden files in Windows 7 | Windows 7 Themes

ONCE you done doing the steps and everything hidden is shown try looking for the vendor.xml file here.....................

"C:/User/YourUsername/AppData "

It should be there... let me know if you achieve your goal of deleting the hidden vendor file.
    10-06-11 08:07 PM
    Did you delete vendor files AND uninstall the old OS version?!! If you have .362 installed then BDM can't detect it because there's a conflict with the old OS installed still.

Thus Always on point, you might not have rescued him if you misunderstood the situation. ; )
    10-06-11 09:13 PM
173 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD