Just wondering, what do you guys do to hear about new OS releases immediately?
    Watch the front page of Crackberry! (thumbs up)
    09-15-11 04:18 PM
    installed on my Sprint 9930. So far, so good.
    09-15-11 05:29 PM
    When I click "loader" it will only let me add or remove apps......I've done this before no problem....what am I doing wrong?
    09-15-11 05:30 PM
    Loaded on my VZW 9930 without major issue, however when I installed the beta BBM, I had no option to paste the key code on initial start up of the beta bbm. Anybody else having this issue?
    09-15-11 06:09 PM
    Can someone let me know why the device sofware doesn't show in the applications list after I've downloaded and installed the OS? I deleted the vendor file and everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ishak likes this.
    09-15-11 06:19 PM
    Loaded on my VZW 9930 without major issue, however when I installed the beta BBM, I had no option to paste the key code on initial start up of the beta bbm. Anybody else having this issue?
    Just click and hold the trackpad down until the paste option shows up, or Left Shift + Trackpad click.
    09-15-11 07:38 PM
    Does anybody have an "All languages" download? And not the Multilanguage?
    Thanks!
    09-15-11 07:43 PM
    Installed this about 2 hours ago and all went smoothly with one exception, lost all my app data. Every app ran like it was the first time I'd ever run these apps. Also lost all my saved options for apps like BeWeather and WiFi Manager. Just a minor nuisance and everything so far seems exactly the same as .353

cmink79 likes this.
    09-15-11 08:09 PM
    Installed this about 2 hours ago and all went smoothly with one exception, lost all my app data. Every app ran like it was the first time I'd ever run these apps. Also lost all my saved options for apps like BeWeather and WiFi Manager. Just a minor nuisance and everything so far seems exactly the same as .353

Losing all app data is the norm when it comes to loading a new OS. If you have an app that offers a backup option, utilize it for such an occasion. At least we don't have to deal with rearranging app icons anymore...that was a chore!
    09-15-11 08:15 PM

That's standard behavior. For apps like BeBuzz, BeWeather, etc you have to backup the settings to the sdcard, then restore them afterwards.
    09-15-11 08:15 PM
    Can someone let me know why the device sofware doesn't show in the applications list after I've downloaded and installed the OS? I deleted the vendor file and everything.

BOTH vendor files? Have you tried uninstalling previous versions?

Vendor.xml Locations:
    C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    porlo likes this.
    09-15-11 08:18 PM
    Currently the best OS for the 9930. Faster boot time, zero lag.
    09-15-11 08:40 PM
    Weird, on my 9650 I don't remember having app data issues, but then I also would always back up wipe and restore when upgrading. This time around I just upgraded. But I won't make that mistake again.

09-15-11 08:52 PM
    This happened to me too and couldn't get it work for awhile. Battery pulls, restarting the pc, reinstalling the os, etc.

What finally worked for me was a LONG battery pull for about 1-2 min. I also reinstalled dm7 beta so it could be one of those two things. Good luck! It can be frustrating :/

09-15-11 09:04 PM
    Watch the front page of Crackberry! (thumbs up)
    Also, adding the Crackberry or N4BB RSS feed to a news app is very helpful. The app I use is Blackberry News.

I'd say these days Twitter is your best bet though. Just add BlackBerry heads like me and others on here and you'll see us blasting the news instantly.

09-15-11 09:07 PM
    Awesome build...touchscreen is very responsive
    09-15-11 09:20 PM
    installed and working muy bueno here.
    09-15-11 09:26 PM
    Just installed, running fine here on my vzw 9930. Seem to be getting better reception with this build. It's overall a bit more snappy. No complaints here.
    09-15-11 11:49 PM
    This happened to me too and couldn't get it work for awhile. Battery pulls, restarting the pc, reinstalling the os, etc.

What finally worked for me was a LONG battery pull for about 1-2 min. I also reinstalled dm7 beta so it could be one of those two things. Good luck! It can be frustrating :/

Originally Posted by fobi740:

The above advice is what I had to do to stop this. Deleted previous OS, deleted dm7beta, re-install dm, then new OS and everything worked fine. Good luck, too bad you had to sift thru 40 "installing now" posts to get your answer ....ohhh that reminds me...installing now!

09-16-11 05:00 AM
    Is there also the dutch language in The new update???
    09-16-11 05:05 AM
    Looking at the files quickly, I didn't see VZ apps listed, like Navigator, PTT, etc. Are they still available after upgrading?
    09-16-11 05:17 AM
    Looking at the files quickly, I didn't see VZ apps listed, like Navigator, PTT, etc. Are they still available after upgrading?
    If I'm not mistaken those are pushed by service books once your phone boots up.

09-16-11 06:00 AM
    Working well after almost a day. Nothing is broken that I can see, and my wallpaper and sound profiles now survive a reboot (used to go to vibrate and the default wallpaper at each boot). And, my problems with Gmail refusing to archive from my phone is also fixed for me.

I haven't noticed any change in performance. Not sure about battery life yet. I got invited to BBM Music yesterday too, so I've been caching thousands of songs. Needless to say, that's caused a bit of a drain on the battery.
    09-16-11 07:23 AM
    If I'm not mistaken those are pushed by service books once your phone boots up.

That is correct, they are pushed to your phone after the OS finishes the install and reboots.
    09-16-11 07:52 AM
    Is this going to work fine on my 9900? I was wondering if the OS releases will work on both 9930 and 9900.

09-16-11 08:05 AM
173 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD