My signal reception is also better on this build. My free MB space when I loaded it was 224.4mb. It is now 219.0mb. Is that ok? I loaded it the day it came out.
    02-13-13 03:05 PM
    really didn't want to say this but i think its time for a major change "CAN NOT BE-LEAVE AM SAYING THIS" but its getting boring now think ill need to upgrade or switch platforms
    I'd like to know what kind of things you expect to make OS7 "exciting" again. Seriously, while this OS is still being supported, we most likely won't see any major changes on the horizon. And this actually ain't no news. We might get a small new feature or two, like those notification LED color selection introduced back in .746, but nothing more.

So if you look for a new experience, you might want to take a look at BB10, which is completely different than the BBOS variants. Or you really need to have a look at either Windows Phone 8 or Android. If custumization is your thing, Android might just be right for you.
    02-13-13 03:37 PM
    just gone with android i cryed when my bb and me ended are relationship!!!
    02-13-13 05:56 PM
    Ok then. What r the improvements of this version ?
    memory leak is virtually non existant. ive had my bb on for over a week now and ive only lost ~1 mb. usually by this point on all previous os my bb would be telling me im running low on memory and to delete some stuff from a giant 120 mb memory leak

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Simon Ng likes this.
    02-13-13 06:31 PM
    just gone with android i cryed when my bb and me ended are relationship!!!
    Ok, tty when you come back home (here at the ole CB site)
    02-13-13 10:38 PM
    I updated to .825 2 weeks ago, and hardly ever check on 9900/9930 forums (totally into the Z10 forums') and I see This is a New update. Will try this one this weekend. .825 is Ok, but it's laggy. I get the input startup system error when I am in the middle of emailing or texting someone, My browser crashes and refreshes On Its Own, I get the stupid spinning clocks more, And about 20 minutes ago My touch screen started acting up and would not scroll as fast when looking at webpages. That was very much frustrating me to death because no matter how hard I pressed on the screen, the scrolling would either work very very slowly (I'm talking Snail slow) or would scroll too fast and jump down pages. I had to restart the phone and now it seems to have gone back to normal.
    02-13-13 10:41 PM
    No 'all languages' version available yet ?
    02-14-13 05:11 AM
    No 'all languages' version available yet ?
    In most cases you can use the language files from .825 (I did).
    What language do you need ?
    02-14-13 06:52 AM
    I installed .861, foursquare did not work and I noticed the radio reception was not that good. Also after 30 mins of using Nobex, I saw that the battery was running very hot. I downgraded to .746 which is what I had before and will keep it for now. This is the very first time that I do an update have issues and have to downgrade.
    02-14-13 09:06 AM
    I installed .861, foursquare did not work and I noticed the radio reception was not that good. Also after 30 mins of using Nobex, I saw that the battery was running very hot. I downgraded to .746 which is what I had before and will keep it for now. This is the very first time that I do an update have issues and have to downgrade.
    No issues with foursquare: working fine, and getting fast fix.
    I did not use nobex, but I have impression that during phone calls phone gets relatively warmer then before on .825

As of yet I did not notice the terrible memory leak I used to have before (knock on the wood), and on the .825 it was terrible.
    02-14-13 09:58 AM
    In most cases you can use the language files from .825 (I did).
    What language do you need ?
    Dutch ..... How Can I do that ?
    02-14-13 02:57 PM
    Dutch ..... How Can I do that ?
    It is quite easy, I'd say, assuming you are using a PC (I have no idea how to go around it with Mac).
    Unpack the attached file, and copy the contents of the folder into the Java directory of the .861 OS (in my case it is c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9900Asia_v7.1.0.861_P5.1.0.606\Java\ ).
    After that you install the OS as usual: Dutch should be on the list of languages to install. Enjoy afterwards :-)

I installed this way .861 with EN, PL and DE: two last ones were the ones I added.

There might be another, shorter way: but I have no idea if it works, or not. Since the language files are cod files, you might try to inject them into already installed OS using BBSAK. But it just came to my mind: never tried it actually.
    Attached Files
    xivius, ironmaster and kazakoshi like this.
    02-14-13 03:30 PM
    Is possible to update the Porsche P'9981 with Bold 9900 updates? As they both are the same (Hardware wise).
    02-14-13 05:02 PM
    Is possible to update the Porsche P'9981 with Bold 9900 updates? As they both are the same (Hardware wise).
    I don't think so... You might give it a try, but you might end up bricking your device: I am not sure if the hardware ID (which would be different for 9900 and 9981) is not specified in the sfi file (called also the radio file).
    I would go for it this way: install .861 for 9900 on your computer. Find the folder, and change the name. Install the last available OS for 9981. Go to the OS folder, and delete contents of every folder inside it, and move the contents of 9900 OS to the emptied folders of 9981 OS (remember: sfi, all alx, cod etc.). So at the end you will have the OS for 9981 installed, but all the system files would be replaced with the latest 9900 files.
    Then run vendelete, to make sure there is no vendor files, that would prevent the installation from even starting.
    And then keep your fingers crossed.

You could also speak to the hybrid gods over in the hybrid section: they for sure know much more about the potential issues you might face in the process, and could give you some more hints.
    02-15-13 03:40 AM
    you mostly cant use the 9900 OS for the prosche design. the hardware is mostly the same. but there are software design differences. but i still wouldnt risk it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    02-15-13 04:04 AM
    Also in this version it is not possible to send text messages when entering the number with +44 etc. only 0044 works.
    02-15-13 07:50 AM
    Running alright so far (its been a few hours). One issue I've noticed is the inability to copy/cut photos, in order to paste in a seperate picture folders. Not a huge deal, just figured greater would = better.
    02-15-13 09:21 PM
    Running alright so far (its been a few hours). One issue I've noticed is the inability to copy/cut photos, in order to paste in a seperate picture folders. Not a huge deal, just figured greater would = better.
    i have .861 and i can cut/copy pictures to other folders

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-15-13 09:41 PM
    It is quite easy, I'd say, assuming you are using a PC (I have no idea how to go around it with Mac).
    Unpack the attached file, and copy the contents of the folder into the Java directory of the .861 OS (in my case it is c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9900Asia_v7.1.0.861_P5.1.0.606\Java\ ).
    After that you install the OS as usual: Dutch should be on the list of languages to install. Enjoy afterwards :-)

I installed this way .861 with EN, PL and DE: two last ones were the ones I added.

There might be another, shorter way: but I have no idea if it works, or not. Since the language files are cod files, you might try to inject them into already installed OS using BBSAK. But it just came to my mind: never tried it actually.
    How can find Turkish language files?
    02-16-13 03:32 AM
    look for the turkish language code, I am guessing its TR. not sure

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    02-16-13 05:48 AM
    How can find Turkish language files?
    install the latest OS you are sure that has the Turkish. Then shrink Turkish language files using the using one of the tools. usually the shrunk files are put into seperate folder within OS. find that folder, move it someplace else, and install .861. Then move the contents of shrunk folder (only .cod files) into java folder of .861. And install as usual. Voila
    Legal Eagle and ironmaster like this.
    02-16-13 06:44 AM
    Thanks for the reply. It made me investigate a bit further, upon which I found that I am in fact able to copy/cut from approximately half of my picture folders. Whether or not this is an os flaw, I have no idea. All I know is the main folders from where I was able to do so with my previous os, I can no longer.
    02-16-13 01:44 PM
    thanks for the link
    02-16-13 02:04 PM
    I am deeply impressed with this OS considering the previous one caused my device to have serious memory leaked, as such it caused my device to stall. To resolve this issue I will need to reboot. With this version, the memory management is improved a lot more and seems somewhat stable. Happy with this OS for now till I get my hand on Z10! =)
    02-18-13 10:48 PM
    going to grab this and install a hybrid over it, as i usually do.
    02-19-13 02:20 PM
183 ... 34567 ...