thanks for this Phill!

Unfortunately, i cant find the link where the .503 file is located...

If anyone here can provide me the link, i will greatly appreciate it....
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ustria-669974/
    11-26-11 01:36 PM
    Downloaded this morning, feels snappier for sure! Let's see how the battery life is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-11 04:43 PM
    Hey Guys, i loaded this when it came out, and now im getting an error 561 message. Trying to reload but not working. Any ideas? I need help pls

11-26-11 05:19 PM
    Hey Guys, i loaded this when it came out, and now im getting an error 561 message. Trying to reload but not working. Any ideas? I need help pls

when did the error occur?

when i upgraded to 540 i got the error 507 halfway thru the upgrading process - left it alone for ten minutes, thinking something miraculous would happen and it would somehow fix itself, and then the computer said unplug the device and reconnect. i did and it worked flawlessly after. i've done numerous upgrades with past devices and the 9900 and this was the first time i ever ran into any problem.

some say that error 507 is similar to 561 when it comes to the reloading the OS part. someone will chime in don't worry. the only reason i could come up with quickly is that your OS download file is corrupt - this is why someone wise on this forum said to try to use IE when downloading an OS. I use safari to download mine and bum off a friend's PC laptop when i upgrade my OS.
    11-26-11 08:18 PM
    Sorry for the newb question... when I upgrade my OS do all my 3rd party programs get erased? Particularly concerned about what happens to my Whatsapp & Kakaotalk settings. Thx.
    11-27-11 03:43 AM
    Sorry for the newb question... when I upgrade my OS do all my 3rd party programs get erased? Particularly concerned about what happens to my Whatsapp & Kakaotalk settings. Thx.
    If you upgrade and restore via desktop manager you don't need to reinstall your apps. But some may require your keycode or user passwords. So have them handy.

I still prefer this way of upgrading OS as I can't be bothered to do the more complicated alternatives.

11-27-11 04:37 AM
    If you upgrade and restore via desktop manager you don't need to reinstall your apps. But some may require your keycode or user passwords. So have them handy.

I still prefer this way of upgrading OS as I can't be bothered to do the more complicated alternatives.

DTM does not BU your 3rd party apps, unless you trick him by simulating switching phones. BBSAK used to BU those apps , but since the new OS, it has problems.
    11-27-11 05:06 AM
    Im getting horrible battlife with this build...

5%+ per hour with 3g,wifi and GPS off... with zero apps installed...

I just got this phone last friday and upgraded the firmware out of the box... I haven't tried changing the radio, but still i dont think the discharge is this big...

can someone help me on this please?
    11-27-11 06:03 AM
    Just allow the OS to settle in. Most users, including me can easily get 24 hours with light use. This requires a few batt pulls and power cycles over several days....
    DaddyFizzle likes this.
    11-27-11 07:39 AM
    uninstalled old version and installed the new update.
    when i plug the phone in the desktop software does not update the software. ?
    any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    11-28-11 07:19 PM
    Has anyone here experienced charging issue after upgrading? I upgraded mine from .261 to .540 and now experiencing charging source can't charge. I have to restart in order to fix it.

Strangely this also happens to my aunt's Torch 9810 even after upgrading to 2 higher different OS versions the issue still presents.

Any clues?
    11-28-11 11:14 PM
    For those that are getting better battery life, did you wipe your device, then install the os? I have a tmobile 9900 and I just d/l the os, installed in on the comp, delete vendor, ran loader and it installed to the phone. My battery life seems similar to the stock os (maybe slightly better), this was done about 3 weeks ago. Any suggestions?
    11-29-11 04:51 AM
    For those that are getting better battery life, did you wipe your device, then install the os? I have a tmobile 9900 and I just d/l the os, installed in on the comp, delete vendor, ran loader and it installed to the phone. My battery life seems similar to the stock os (maybe slightly better), this was done about 3 weeks ago. Any suggestions?
    Yes did a security Wipe before i upgraded to 7.1 and the battery life seems to be very much improved. experiencing a 12 hrs and still 50% more to go which is being noticed first time since i got my phone. So my suggestion is to do a security wipe before any OS Load and allow the new OS to settle without installing any third party apps.
    11-29-11 08:54 AM
    Yes did a security Wipe before i upgraded to 7.1 and the battery life seems to be very much improved. experiencing a 12 hrs and still 50% more to go which is being noticed first time since i got my phone. So my suggestion is to do a security wipe before any OS Load and allow the new OS to settle without installing any third party apps.
    Excuse me, what OS 7.1 you are talking about ??????
    There is nothing about it in the leaked posts .
    11-29-11 09:18 AM
    Leadked one only/ Waiting for the official
    11-29-11 10:36 AM
    Leadked one only/ Waiting for the official
    But could not find it here !!!
    Any special differences ?
    Thanks
    11-29-11 11:57 AM
    Received my new at&t 9900 yesterday and first thing i did is installed this 540 version via DM without wiping device, all vent smooth, everything i do on this phone now is super fast especially when on BeReader, love it even though had to sit till 3AM and mess around with my tons of 3rd party apps and doing that had to reboot about 20-25 times which is i don't mind knowing that new OS settles better and reboot time is under 45 seconds compare to 4-5 min on my old 9700, so far so good, no complains except of a few apps not supported yet.
    Last edited by joju58; 11-29-11 at 12:33 PM.
    11-29-11 12:30 PM
    But could not find it here !!!
    Any special differences ?
    Thanks
    http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...otspot-673031/
    m.seif likes this.
    11-29-11 01:54 PM

What's more complicated? Using Loader instead of DM?
    You already open the AppLoader folder on your PC to delete the Vendor file. Just leave the folder open until your ready to load the new OS on your device, then double-click Loader.

This is easier than doing it through DM, and for some reason has a lower failure rate.

@ methdxman: When you upgrade your OS, the Loader will back up your personal data/settings and all your apps. As long as you choose to keep the apps, they'll stay.

Just follow the guide on Page 1 of this thread in Post #2.

So Loader will restore everything. Afterwards, your PC will have a file called LoaderBackup (with date), but that only contains your personal info. The apps are restored during the during the OS load, but no backup remains. (Nor would you need it 99% of the time.)
    11-29-11 07:25 PM
    Hi guys,

I am wondering if this version includes the hand written input chinese?

Thx a lot
    11-30-11 02:05 AM
    What's more complicated? Using Loader instead of DM?
    You already open the AppLoader folder on your PC to delete the Vendor file. Just leave the folder open until your ready to load the new OS on your device, then double-click Loader.

This is easier than doing it through DM, and for some reason has a lower failure rate.

@ methdxman: When you upgrade your OS, the Loader will back up your personal data/settings and all your apps. As long as you choose to keep the apps, they'll stay.

Just follow the guide on Page 1 of this thread in Post #2.

So Loader will restore everything. Afterwards, your PC will have a file called LoaderBackup (with date), but that only contains your personal info. The apps are restored during the during the OS load, but no backup remains. (Nor would you need it 99% of the time.)
    Nice, worked like a charm thanks for your help.
    12-01-11 06:19 PM
    Hi,

Battery life was worst when bought. It improved with each new version of os7. Currently i have .540. Offlate, battery starts heating up when talked over 5-7 minutes continuously and battery drains faster. does anybody have the same problem?
    12-02-11 01:38 AM
    Has anyone here experienced charging issue after upgrading? I upgraded mine from .261 to .540 and now experiencing charging source can't charge. I have to restart in order to fix it.

Strangely this also happens to my aunt's Torch 9810 even after upgrading to 2 higher different OS versions the issue still presents.

Any clues?
    You are not alone in this issue... quite a number of us are waiting for one OS version that will resolve this issue, even .540 do not solve this problem. Unless I revert back to .261 which is the stock OS...
    12-02-11 04:15 AM
    Anyway, .503 OS is better than this new .540 version. I use for 5 hours and remaining battery life is 50%...
    12-02-11 09:23 AM
    Sorry for being the noob that I am, but I just wanted to know if I could install this even if it's not for my carrier? Anyone?
    12-02-11 09:42 AM
233 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD