Goto Option, Sounds and Ring Tones, Phone Ring Tones and select dropdown menu under ' Ring Tone:' and select last option 'All Alerts...'

Thanks. Did that before several times hence why asking for help. They are not there except my os5 ringtones. Has this happened to anyone else?
    11-24-11 11:38 AM
    Have it for more than an hour now pretty solid build!

Click to view quoted image
    If I have this I'm good? I don't see applications version anywhere?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-11 12:40 PM
    If I have this I'm good? I don't see applications version anywhere?
    Yes... Options > Device > About Device Versions
    11-24-11 12:46 PM
    I just installed it yesterday, following the posted instructions and it upgraded without a glitch! Interestingly, I did NOT even have to do Enterprise Activation?! The emails worked perfectly after upgrade.

One note, I used the "App Loader" file directly to upgrade, and NOT the DM! Is that a problem? It looks like it did the upgrade without a glitch.

Now, the 1 Million$ question... is my battery improved? To be honest, I don't think so?! I went from 276 to 540, and right now sitting at 85% after 3hrs LIGHT use. One weird thing was that I was at 100%, I did a battery pull, the restart drained it to 95%! I think some tasks on the 9900 really drain the battery, while others don't.

I will monitor the battery and report back. To be honest, a Blackberry battery must last an ALL DAY before plugging it at night, that's how my 9700 worked/lasted! Anything less is honestly unacceptable.
    11-24-11 01:23 PM
    I just installed it yesterday, following the posted instructions and it upgraded without a glitch! Interestingly, I did NOT even have to do Enterprise Activation?! The emails worked perfectly after upgrade.

One note, I used the "App Loader" file directly to upgrade, and NOT the DM! Is that a problem? It looks like it did the upgrade without a glitch.

Now, the 1 Million$ question... is my battery improved? To be honest, I don't think so?! I went from 276 to 540, and right now sitting at 85% after 3hrs LIGHT use. One weird thing was that I was at 100%, I did a battery pull, the restart drained it to 95%! I think some tasks on the 9900 really drain the battery, while others don't.

I will monitor the battery and report back. To be honest, a Blackberry battery must last an ALL DAY before plugging it at night, that's how my 9700 worked/lasted! Anything less is honestly unacceptable.
    1) Did you upgrade your OS with a fully charged battery, if not you should have.

2) Change your settings, such as lower brightness and lower backlight timeout

3) Let your battery run out totally, until it starts flashing red, and then fully recharge, from what I know of, once you do this cycle, it lets your battery charge a faster rate and some people have even seen the average length of time a battery lasts double.

4) Doing battery pulls and restarting, does drain the battery, but what in your case my assumption is its levelling the battery gauge out, so it give a more accurate reading. I had 45% about 10 mins ago, did 4 battery pulls it dropped by alot, finally it stayed on 32%.

5) Try the above steps out and anyone who thinks I may be wrong, do speak up, as am only speaking of my experiences and what I have noticed having been a Blackberry user for about 3/4 years now, not saying am defo right
    11-24-11 03:04 PM
    Hi all, quick noob question, if I install this will it remove the vodafone bundled software and splash screen ? My thoughts are it will but want to be sure. Thanks in advance ;-)
    11-24-11 05:53 PM
    Hi all, quick noob question, if I install this will it remove the vodafone bundled software and splash screen ? My thoughts are it will but want to be sure. Thanks in advance ;-)
    Naturally it will remove your current software, but nothing will remove the splash screen.
    11-24-11 06:03 PM
    Naturally it will remove your current software, but nothing will remove the splash screen.
    Thanks for your quick reply, Splash screen not the main problem, just glad theres a choice to remove bunddled bloat.
    11-24-11 06:26 PM
    Thanks for your quick reply, Splash screen not the main problem, just glad theres a choice to remove bunddled bloat.
    Updating your software will only replace your current OS with the new one.

Nothing will remove the bloatware... that will always get pushed back to your phone.
    11-24-11 06:29 PM
    Phill_UK is right. You cannot take the splash screen out because it built in to the core system. Some people have taken off by spending a lot of time reprogramming in the Engineering Screen files. But this is a hard one and a bad thing to do because it may result in bricking your phone.
    11-24-11 07:13 PM
    I've been a bit disappointed with reception and battery life on .540 compared to .503, so decided to mix it up a bit...

.540 Java with .503 Radio... the perfect combination

yukiyuli likes this.
    11-24-11 07:39 PM
    Have been running this since its release and I've found the following.

Battery life is much improved. I think the battery discussion should be over now regarding the bold. I get through a busy working day and moderate evening use before charging when i go to bed. If i forget to charge the phone will still be active in the morning(though severely depleted).

Browser is much faster and phone is super smooth.

This phone is reaching the peak of its powers and QNX will have to be out of the park for me to give up this baby.
    11-25-11 05:32 AM
    i feel .503 was better then the .540 but only test for a day..
    just wiping my phone to test 7.1 os just finish download n time to roll out..mobile hotspot ready guys!
    11-25-11 07:46 AM
    just wiping my phone to test 7.1 os just finish download n time to roll out..mobile hotspot ready guys!
    Roll it out already!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-11 07:49 AM
    OK Rexrim - how did you get your hands on acopy of a leadked 7.1?
    11-25-11 07:51 AM
    i got from a friend..i think its a official 7.1 tester coz it have a .vendor.xml
    just finish install mobile hotspot avaible and working well with my playbook.
    cool 7.1!
    11-25-11 08:16 AM
    Can you leak it to the rest of the CrackBerry nation please !!!!!!!
    11-25-11 08:18 AM
    this is 7.0.0.540 page not good to post here =X
    11-25-11 08:21 AM
    this is 7.0.0.540 page not good to post here =X
    So post it on the leaks thread please
    11-25-11 08:25 AM
    its up my friend send to adam for upload edi..enjoy~
    Legal Eagle and EvilmasterMMA like this.
    11-25-11 12:39 PM
    Just my 2. Cents worth.....first time I've upgraded (outside of carrier release). Went from .261. To .540 last night without a hitch. Today I uplugged my BB at 8:00am and am writing this at 8:30pm. That 12 1/2 hrs of reading the news, browsing, 10 or so emails, bbm, some texting. Browsing 25mgs of data btw (just checked)! This is about double the battery time I WAS getting with my 9900! And the browsing is sunstantially faster; the OS is snappier for sure; haven't seen the hourglass all day today, and just fell to 20% battery remaining! I'm impressed so far and expect it to get better as the OS settles out. Signal strength has been superb, although I had no previous issues with it. The only issue I have left is boot time. The initial reboot time went back to just over 1 min, but now back to about 4 1/2 mins! This suddenly started happening the old OS. I suspect it has to do with a program trying to boot simutaneously......any other ideas let me know.

WooHoo.....my 9900,s performance is back!
    11-25-11 07:41 PM
    This build help me restore my 9900 from being bricked

Had .503 before this. Some things i've noticed. Battery life is amazingly good and i've found that I don't get lags anymore while browsing. One thing that I did find is that the GPS isn't as strong as my other builds. Sometimes it doesn't even work at all. I was able to use it in class/inside stores/etc but now I have to be physically outside for the gps to pick up.
    11-26-11 12:10 AM
    I've been a bit disappointed with reception and battery life on .540 compared to .503, so decided to mix it up a bit...

.540 Java with .503 Radio... the perfect combination

Click to view quoted image

Hi Phill

I hope you dont mind mate in teaching me how you did that? how were you able to combine the .540 java with the .503 radio?

I too find the reception of the .540 a little weak specially when im indoors...

i hope you can help me...
    11-26-11 12:34 AM
    Hi Phill

I hope you dont mind mate in teaching me how you did that? how were you able to combine the .540 java with the .503 radio?

I too find the reception of the .540 a little weak specially when im indoors...

i hope you can help me...
    Sure...

You need to download and install both .503 and .540 to your PC.
    Then find the radio file from .503 (C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Loader Files/9900M_v7.0.0.503.../UMTS)
    Copy the sfi from that folder and drop it into the UMTS folder of .540, agreeing to overwrite the original file.
    Might be worth saving the .540 sfi somewhere safe first, just in case.
    Now uninstall .503 from your PC, plug in your phone, open AppLoader and agree to the downgrade.

Job done
    BK_Guji likes this.
    11-26-11 11:31 AM
    Sure...

You need to download and install both .503 and .540 to your PC.
    Then find the radio file from .503 (C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Loader Files/9900M_v7.0.0.503.../UMTS)
    Copy the sfi from that folder and drop it into the UMTS folder of .540, agreeing to overwrite the original file.
    Might be worth saving the .540 sfi somewhere safe first, just in case.
    Now uninstall .503 from your PC, plug in your phone, open AppLoader and agree to the downgrade.

Job done
    thanks for this Phill!

Unfortunately, i cant find the link where the .503 file is located...

If anyone here can provide me the link, i will greatly appreciate it....
    11-26-11 01:18 PM
233 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD