oops, i was under the impression that it would work for both.

sorry folks, carry on lol
    *facepalm..

Not much improvement from .503
    More or less the same IMHO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-11 11:42 PM
    If you have deleted the vendor.xml file from \Program files (x86)\ Common Files \Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml and still BDM is not finding the upgrade then delete hidden vendor.xml from

[Local Drive]:\users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\Blackberry\Loader XML\vendor.xml

You will have to enable the option 'Show hidden files' on explorer.

Ah thanks!! This did the trick! Was almost on the verge of giving up because I've been trying since last night!

Btw if anyone's wondering how to enable show hidden files(Because I had no idea and had to google it lol), you'll have to go to
    Control Panel>Folders>View>Show hidden files

11-19-11 11:49 PM
    try this link,Orange Romania, os 7.0.0.540 all lang. suport chinese input

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...3F7A83B1AC75B4
    Hmmm, this is very weird.. I don't have chinese input! Ideas? Anyone else with this problem?
    Last edited by adelineeleanor; 11-20-11 at 12:53 AM.
    11-20-11 12:31 AM
    Hmmm, this is very weird.. I don't have chinese input! Ideas? Anyone else with this problem?
    it does have chinese input. did you download the AllLang one? not the multilang one.

but once it loaded, all ringtones lost, my phone doesnt ring anymore, weird... probably going back to 503... too many bugs in this build....
    11-20-11 01:20 AM
    I've updated as instructed with many OS versions. This one, 540 no matter how many wipes and battery pulls, LAGS, drains the battery like 474 and is overall quite slow.

Went straight back to 503, snappy, quick, better battery and loving the 9900 much more again!
    11-20-11 01:48 AM
    Hi everyone, I've upgraded from .353 to .540 two days before and now I can say - much better battery life. Average discharge is 0,57, system is smooth and quick... This built is good one...
    11-20-11 03:27 AM
    Yesterday after letting my 9900 charging I found it in the morning in an inifinite reboot cycle: black screen, red light, trackpad illuminates and then again, black screen, red light etc... I did a battery pull and since then no problem.

.503 works perfect for me but after this incident I'm gonna try .540, since I never had any problems like this before, maybe this reboot problem was OS related...

11-20-11 05:45 AM
    Hi everyone, I've upgraded from .353 to .540 two days before and now I can say - much better battery life. Average discharge is 0,57, system is smooth and quick... This built is good one...
    Are you sure of this discharge rate ???
    11-20-11 06:11 AM
    Can any one tell us about the differences between this one and the .503 ? is the battery better ? any major improvements ?

Thanks
    11-20-11 06:16 AM
    .503 = Chevy Vega
    .540 = New Cadillac

You decide

I just posted asking for the differences before I see your post, Your comparison convinced me easily.

Thank you
    11-20-11 06:24 AM
    When I was on OS .296 , I was able to backup my apps via BBSAK. After upgraded to .503, there is always a problem, it freezes before end of the BU process. I even uninstall Facebook, because it is said , that its last updated files has conflict with BBSAK.

My question is , is there another app that can BU the 3rd party apps ?
    11-20-11 07:12 AM
    My question is , is there another app that can BU the 3rd party apps ?
    Try this way using Desktop Manager... Backing up 3rd party applications on your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Always works for me.
    m.seif likes this.
    11-20-11 08:00 AM
    Whenever I click the Update on DM it says that my software is up to date?

I already downloaded and installed this update, what to do next? BB 9900 is my first BB so I am really new into this.
    11-20-11 05:11 PM
    Whenever I click the Update on DM it says that my software is up to date?

I already downloaded and installed this update, what to do next? BB 9900 is my first BB so I am really new into this.
    Go look at the upgrading procedure posted in the 1st post of this thread. It shows you how to upgrade using the AppLoader. Should help you out.

11-20-11 05:17 PM
    Updated to .540 I hope my battery life will be better
    Last edited by m1keSt4r; 11-20-11 at 06:30 PM.
    11-20-11 05:59 PM
    RE: SMS messages. Cannot open, compose, reply, forward, etc.

This has really been annoying the **** outta me... any suggestions?
    11-20-11 08:27 PM
    I just took the plunge to .540. I downloaded the OS and installed it to my pc, then deleted vendor.xml. However, when i connected the phone to Blackberry Desktop Software, BDS detected that there was a new OS and asked me if i wanted to update. I just clicked update, and it was a breeze from there...
    11-20-11 10:38 PM
    So I followed the instructions at the beginning of this thread to install .540, and I can't convince DM to see the newly installed BBOS.... It's the only OS installed, I backed up my BB, rebooted my computer, deleted the Vendor.xml file....

Anything else I can try?
    11-20-11 11:20 PM
    hey..
    this os is awesome! much better than .503 in my opinion.... 503 was a bit glitchy from time to time.. .540 is smooth sailing.. i recommend this build!!

keep em coming rim!!!
    11-20-11 11:50 PM
    when i went from stock to 474 i saw a huge battery improvement. so i decided to upgrade to 503 as many say it was better. it didn't work for me. my battery was draining worse than 474. so i've now taken the plunge to 540. i did the normal install and restore thru BBDM. i got the jvm 507 error - heart stopped - but did the unplug and reconnect as suggested - and it worked!

will try it and update as the days go by
    11-21-11 04:43 AM
    So I followed the instructions at the beginning of this thread to install .540, and I can't convince DM to see the newly installed BBOS.... It's the only OS installed, I backed up my BB, rebooted my computer, deleted the Vendor.xml file....

Anything else I can try?
    This is what I did.

1. downloaded and installed .540
    2. deleted vendor.xml file
    3. opened BBDS
    4. connected BB 9900
    5. BBDS discovered that there is a new OS and asked if I would like to update.
    6. hit update, and BBDS backed up my device, data and apps, installed the new OS, and restored all the data....

My battery was at 85% when I finished upgrading to .540 at 10PM last night. With light use, - texts, a few calls, bbm, emails,browsing, FB - at 9:20AM today, my battery is at 55%.

My settings are: 2G, wifi on, location/gps off, brightness 10, timeout 10

apps running in the background. accuweather and fb...

I did one batt pull last night....will do again later....

With those settings, I was able to do 27 hours with 15% battery left on my stock OS, .250 before I started charging. Will see whether this will fare better.
    11-21-11 08:29 AM
    This is what I did.

1. downloaded and installed .540
    2. deleted vendor.xml file
    3. opened BBDS
    4. connected BB 9900
    5. BBDS discovered that there is a new OS and asked if I would like to update.
    6. hit update, and BBDS backed up my device, data and apps, installed the new OS, and restored all the data....

My battery was at 85% when I finished upgrading to .540 at 10PM last night. With light use, - texts, a few calls, bbm, emails,browsing, FB - at 9:20AM today, my battery is at 55%.

My settings are: 2G, wifi on, location/gps off, brightness 10, timeout 10

apps running in the background. accuweather and fb...

I did one batt pull last night....will do again later....

With those settings, I was able to do 27 hours with 15% battery left on my stock OS, .250 before I started charging. Will see whether this will fare better.
    Yea that should have worked for me but for some reason it won't recognize the install of .540.... No Vendor.xml file, tried rebooting, connecting BB and letting DM launch automatically, tried opening DM first and then connecting BB, nothing...

Tried the Loader.exe file, doesn't catch the update either... very frustrating! lol... I want to try this new install!
    11-21-11 10:06 AM
    Yea that should have worked for me but for some reason it won't recognize the install of .540.... No Vendor.xml file, tried rebooting, connecting BB and letting DM launch automatically, tried opening DM first and then connecting BB, nothing...

Tried the Loader.exe file, doesn't catch the update either... very frustrating! lol... I want to try this new install!
    Try to uninstall DM, then re-install....restart the computer if needed, then connect your bb....What version of DM do you have? The latest is 6.1...38; What i have when i installed OS is 6.1...35.
    11-21-11 03:50 PM
    i have the leaked version and battery life is drastically improved.
    Comparing to which OS? I'm on .503 and its great too...

11-21-11 04:00 PM
    i have the leaked version and battery life is drastically improved.
    Comparing to which OS? I'm on .503 and its great too...

11-21-11 04:32 PM
233 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD