How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available

If you're having this issue, there are 2 common reasons.

The first is that there is an extra copy of Vendor on your PC (assuming you've already deleted Vendor). Search your PC for Vendor. It might appear in Temp Files or elsewhere.
    When deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.

If there doesn't appear to be Vendor anywhere, you need to delete the contents of the AppLoader folder. (That's the folder where you found Vendor.)

1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel>Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).
    still nothing, and there's no vendor file to be found. I don't get it.
    11-19-11 12:16 AM
    figured it out, I just went to add on the app loader wizard and added all the loader files
    11-19-11 01:19 AM
    scratch that, didn't work. Now I get this error message the application "email setup library cannot be loaded"
    Last edited by fobi740; 11-19-11 at 01:32 AM.
    11-19-11 01:25 AM
    If you wipe your phone with BBSAK and make sure both vendor.xml files have been deleted it will work just fine. If you cannot find both vendor.xml files then you need to go to the control panel on your computer and click "Folder Options" and tic the box for "Show Hidden Files". That's all there is to it.

I wish they would update the 101 section because it seems there is a lot of confusion about that. I don't know why but the second vendor.xml file listed in the "Program Data" tree in your computer doesn't always show up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by olblueyez; 11-19-11 at 01:59 AM.
    11-19-11 01:52 AM
    I've done all of that except wiped with BBSAK because, well it doesn't seem want to detect my phone. I have the 9930, does that have anything to do with the new issue i'm having in that 'Email Setup Application' cannot be loaded because some required files are not available.' error that I'm getting?

All of the core applications are now showing but I can't continue the install because of that error.
    11-19-11 02:25 AM
    If you have deleted the vendor.xml file from \Program files (x86)\ Common Files \Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml and still BDM is not finding the upgrade then delete hidden vendor.xml from

[Local Drive]:\users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\Blackberry\Loader XML\vendor.xml

You will have to enable the option 'Show hidden files' on explorer.
    11-19-11 03:21 AM
    All you guys messing with BBSAK, and then trying to find the hidden vendor file... forget that, use BBHybrid Tool instead!

BBSAK has always been hit and miss with OS7, whereas BBHybrid Tool connects and works every time!

It has the same features as BBSAK (wipe, install/remove cods etc), and much more! It also shrinks your OS perfectly, AND deletes the hidden vendor file automatically!

Give it a try... http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...s-tool-579729/

olblueyez likes this.
    11-19-11 08:10 AM
    After three full days with .540, I just went 25 hours since the last charge and still had 31% battery left. That's with moderate to heavy usage yesterday, though most of my browsing was done over WiFi. I wouldn't call that awesome compared to earlier BB's, but it's greatly improved, easily as good as my original Torch got, and more than passable.

I really think a big part of battery drain on these things is the HSPA+ radio.
    11-19-11 08:31 AM
    try this link,Orange Romania, os 7.0.0.540 all lang. suport chinese input

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...3F7A83B1AC75B4
    Thanks!
    11-19-11 08:31 AM
    Installed just over 24 hours, sadly at the end of my working week so very light use since.

3 battery pulls, last re set MeterBerry at 7:42 pm Friday, now 2:36pm Saturday local time.

86% battery remaining with a discharge rate of 0.7%
    11-19-11 08:39 AM
    Installed just over 24 hours, sadly at the end of my working week so very light use since.

3 battery pulls, last re set MeterBerry at 7:42 pm Friday, now 2:36pm Saturday local time.

86% battery remaining with a discharge rate of 0.7%
    What are your settings? I am on stock OS with Tmo, I think it is .251 and I have been closely following the forums to get better battery life. With .503 and .540, I have been greatly tempted to upgrade the OS. I am scared of bricking my bb since it has been performing exceptionally well despite the issues other bold owners are having. I was thinking of just waiting it out until 7.1 arrives.

I took off my bb from the charger at 7am yesterday. With light use, - a few calls, around 20 emails, bbms, texts, light browsing, checking and posting comments on FB, - at 10:AM today, after 27 hours, I still had 20% left. The best I ever got with my bold. At 15%, I started charging.

My bb's settings: 2g, wifi on my network...it automatically disconnects if i am away from my network. i get excellent 2g coverage at home . -i was mostly home yesterday....location set to off, although, i set it to on whenever i wanted to share my location....
    11-19-11 10:15 AM
    What are your settings? ....
    GPS Off WiFi On Screen Time Out 20 secs Brightness 10

5 bar 3G signal

This is my first Berry and I was apprehensive at doing my first OS update but read the advice in the forums and went for it, now updated 3 times with no problems at all.

Go for it with either .503 or .540, there doesn't seem to be much between them and the majority of posters are reporting good things about both in terms of stability and battery life.
    sbx9900 likes this.
    11-19-11 10:27 AM
    If you have deleted the vendor.xml file from \Program files (x86)\ Common Files \Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml and still BDM is not finding the upgrade then delete hidden vendor.xml from

[Local Drive]:\users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\Blackberry\Loader XML\vendor.xml

You will have to enable the option 'Show hidden files' on explorer.
    I did that damnit! Lol. There's no vendor file in that folder, and its enabled to show hidden files. Idk I give up man.

11-19-11 10:32 AM
    I have the 9930, does that have anything to do with the new issue i'm having in that 'Email Setup Application' cannot be loaded because some required files are not available.' error that I'm getting?

All of the core applications are now showing but I can't continue the install because of that error.
    You have a 9930... so why are you trying to install a 9900 OS? It won't work.

11-19-11 10:39 AM
    All you guys messing with BBSAK, and then trying to find the hidden vendor file... forget that, use BBHybrid Tool instead!

BBSAK has always been hit and miss with OS7, whereas BBHybrid Tool connects and works every time!

It has the same features as BBSAK (wipe, install/remove cods etc), and much more! It also shrinks your OS perfectly, AND deletes the hidden vendor file automatically!

Give it a try... http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...s-tool-579729/

Thanks Phil, I forgot I even had that. What have you been shrinking from your OS7 device firmware? Just curious.
    11-19-11 11:01 AM
    Thanks Phil, I forgot I even had that. What have you been shrinking from your OS7 device firmware? Just curious.
    Just the usual stuff that I've been removing for years.

Stuff that I never use such as BBM, BB Maps, IM apps, Social Feeds, Games, Help files, unwanted fonts and languages etc.

I realise it's not necessary on newer devices with more memory, and that most of it can be removed from the device, but I've been doing it so long it's just become habit now.

11-19-11 11:16 AM
    the radio sucks in this build
    i cant connect to a wifi network !
    BIS drop !!!!!!
    11-19-11 11:57 AM
    the radio sucks in this build
    i cant connect to a wifi network !
    BIS drop !!!!!!
    User Error?

As you're the first to complain about this, I would suggest a wipe and reload.

11-19-11 12:18 PM
    User Error?

As you're the first to complain about this, I would suggest a wipe and reload.

but i did a wipe at the first time!
    do i have to do it again ???????
    11-19-11 12:30 PM
    but i did a wipe at the first time!
    do i have to do it again ???????
    Have you done plenty of battery pulls since updating? Maybe somethings not quite settled in yet.

You can also try registering your device on BIS again. Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Host Routing Table > (Menu) Register Now.

If none of the above works, then a wipe and reload is your only real option.

11-19-11 12:37 PM
    Have you done plenty of battery pulls since updating? Maybe somethings not quite settled in yet.

You can also try registering your device on BIS again. Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Host Routing Table > (Menu) Register Now.

If none of the above works, then a wipe and reload is your only real option.

i have pulled it many many times
    i registered it alsoooo
    i think im gonna reload
    11-19-11 12:40 PM
    i have pulled it many many times
    i registered it alsoooo
    i think im gonna reload
    You can also downgrade to be sure this is a firmware issue and not a hardware or network issue.
    11-19-11 02:25 PM
    You have a 9930... so why are you trying to install a 9900 OS? It won't work.

oops, i was under the impression that it would work for both.

sorry folks, carry on lol
    11-19-11 06:58 PM
    Hmmm, I've deleted the vendor file but then it's still isn't showing up in my Desktop Software! Any ideas?
    11-19-11 11:19 PM
    Hmmm, I've deleted the vendor file but then it's still isn't showing up in my Desktop Software! Any ideas?
    Some claim that there is a hidden vendor file somewhere. Search a few pages back to find out where it is. I've personally never had a problem with the vendor files.

adelineeleanor likes this.
    11-19-11 11:23 PM
233 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD