here we go again, downloaded it but none of the app data is showing up. deleted all the vendor files and everything.
    Go to your registry: Start - Prompt - regedit - HKLM - Software - Research in Motion - Apploader - Searchpaths.
    If you have installed one OS you will see this back when you click on the number you see under Searchpaths.

If you have installed one os but you see more "numbers" in Searchpaths you have to delete them.

When you check this and delete all the vendors your problem will be solved.
    11-18-11 12:19 AM
    I experienced this after installing one of Max'sHybrids on my PC. Apparently even after uninstalling the hybrid, it leaves trace in the system's registry, making the PC/AppLoader think that is the OS you want to install.

Here is what I do.

1. Install the MaxHybrid (or whatever current OS you are on now on the Bold, either .440 or the one prior)
    2. Install the new OS (in this case 5.0.0.540)
    3. Copy the newly installed OS folder to the desktop.
    4. Delete the contents from the previous OS folder
    5. Drag the contents from the new OS folder on the desktop to the old OS folder in the Shared folder.
    6. Uninstall the NEW OS from your PC (5.0.0.540)
    7. Run AppLoader once all is completed.

Basically you are tricking AppLoader to see your new OS files, buried in the old OS's folder. I've done that ever since I had the error of AppLoader not picking up my new OS and it has worked perfectly.
    I want to try your method, but how do i locate the folders for the 2 installed OS'?
    11-18-11 12:27 AM
    Go to your registry: Start - Prompt - regedit - HKLM - Software - Research in Motion - Apploader - Searchpaths.
    If you have installed one OS you will see this back when you click on the number you see under Searchpaths.

If you have installed one os but you see more "numbers" in Searchpaths you have to delete them.

When you check this and delete all the vendors your problem will be solved.

Is this what I'm supposed to be seeing?
    11-18-11 12:33 AM
    I want to try your method, but how do i locate the folders for the 2 installed OS'?

so I did this and now it's telling me that it requires the device manager to be installed when i try to run apploader
    11-18-11 12:50 AM
    so I did this and now it's telling me that it requires the device manager to be installed when i try to run apploader
    Do you have device manager (comes with desktop software) installed on the PC? If not, search for BB desktop software and download it. Even if you do have it, its possible it may not be working correctly, and thus installing it again will just "repair" it to working order.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-11 01:22 AM
    I upgraded tonight from the default ATT .440 to .540. Upgrade went fine and it does seem noticeably smoother. Have a problem though that my gmail account isnt pushing new mails to my device (I can send emails from the gmail account). My yahoo account is working fine and receiving emails on the device.

I went to the Host Routing table and did a 'Register now'. Took the battery out and restarted. Also went to the Email Account Management on the Device and clicked to Resend the Service Books. I did receive the email in my gmail folder on the device saying that was successful and I should start receiving emails in 20 minutes. But any further test emails I send arent showing up in the gmail folder. I have the standalone gmail app and that does show the latest emails being received.

Im drawing a blank as to why it could be happening - the gmail account worked fine before the upgrade. I presume I could delete and readd the email account on my device but I dont want to lose the thousands of emails that are stored in that folder. I presume when you delete and readd, the folder starts off empty once again?
    11-18-11 02:36 AM
    � I did receive the email in my gmail folder on the device saying that was successful and I should start receiving emails in 20 minutes. But any further test emails I send arent showing up in the gmail folder. I have the standalone gmail app and that does show the latest emails being received.

Im drawing a blank as to why it could be happening - the gmail account worked fine before the upgrade. I presume I could delete and readd the email account on my device but I dont want to lose the thousands of emails that are stored in that folder. I presume when you delete and readd, the folder starts off empty once again?
    So do you have the standalone gmail, AND also have that account going into the main Messages app?
    (There's nothing wrong with that, I just wanted to understand your situation.)

I think you're saying incoming gmail appears in gmail app, but not in Messages, even though it's listed in Messages and despite sent gmail from Messages working just fine. Is that right?

A sidenote: you should really filter through those older emails. An email on a BB takes up a tiny amount of memory. But thousands of emails� that really adds up!
    11-18-11 03:39 AM
    here we go again, downloaded it but none of the app data is showing up. deleted all the vendor files and everything.
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available

If you're having this issue, there are 2 common reasons.

The first is that there is an extra copy of Vendor on your PC (assuming you've already deleted Vendor). Search your PC for Vendor. It might appear in Temp Files or elsewhere.
    When deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.

If there doesn't appear to be Vendor anywhere, you need to delete the contents of the AppLoader folder. (That's the folder where you found Vendor.)

1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel>Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).
    11-18-11 03:46 AM
    Yes thats correct - I have the standalone gmail app and also have that account going into the Messages app. Incoming gmail appears in the app but not in the Messages.

I have 2 accounts in Messages - a gmail one and a yahoo one. I can send an email from the gmail account in Messages to the yahoo one -- thats received just fine. But when I reply from the yahoo account to the gmail one, it isnt received in Messages.

And yeah, my email management leaves a lot to be desired, but I do need to be able to search old emails, especially if I dont have internet access in places....and the gmail app isnt going to be supported by Google going forward.

Still the question - if I delete the gmail account and readd it will I lose all those emails stored on my device?
    11-18-11 03:48 AM
    Is this what I'm supposed to be seeing?
    Click to view quoted image
    Correct! HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE is HKLM
    11-18-11 04:27 AM
    11-18-11 06:19 AM
    If you have deleted the vendor.xml file from \Program files (x86)\ Common Files \Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml and still BDM is not finding the upgrade then delete hidden vendor.xml from

[Local Drive]:\users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\Blackberry\Loader XML\vendor.xml

You will have to enable the option 'Show hidden files' on explorer.

11-18-11 07:53 AM
    Just to confirm, does this build have the ability to input Chinese?
    11-18-11 08:09 AM
    Anyone else agree with me when I say that "the major improvements in UI speed/functionality afforded by .540 are/can be responsible for better battery life"? The spinning hour glass and problems/delays caused by previous builds could only have a negative impact on battery life right?

11-18-11 11:45 AM
    I need to jump on this, I procrastinated when the leak was out and I'm still on .503...7 hours, my battery is at 22%. Not that much usage either! Well moderate.

11-18-11 12:12 PM
    Just to confirm, does this build have the ability to input Chinese?
    try this link,Orange Romania, os 7.0.0.540 all lang. suport chinese input

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...3F7A83B1AC75B4
    Last edited by berrycops; 11-18-11 at 01:20 PM.
    gin553 likes this.
    11-18-11 01:16 PM
    hey everybody,

i take it that this version has been suiting people better than the earlier .503 version.
    right?
    just downloaded both and am wondering which one to go with?

regards

z
    thedorje likes this.
    11-18-11 01:39 PM
    503 is best for me my 9900 needed charge at the end of the day without 3g with 503 24hours plus..is that rom better when it comes to battery?
    11-18-11 02:42 PM
    Brand new, and having a bit of trouble with the update. Each time I update, the launcher that appears in the RIM Apploader folder is the old version (.14). I have uninstalled the old device software before running the newly downloaded update.

Have been spending a number of frustrating hours trying to resolve, any tips appreciated. Tried following posted directions, arrrggggggggg........

Thanks!
    11-18-11 03:09 PM
    Each time I update, the launcher that appears in the RIM Apploader folder is the old version (.14)
    Nothing wrong there... 7.0.0.14 is the latest version of Loader
    modjet200 likes this.
    11-18-11 03:17 PM
    ^^ Guess I should have posted after the 3rd frustrating attempt. Thanks! ^^
    11-18-11 03:32 PM
    ^^ Guess I should have posted after the 3rd frustrating attempt. Thanks! ^^
    No probs... not sure if that is the very latest version of Loader, but it's the one I use from DM v6.0.2.44
    11-18-11 03:36 PM
    hey everybody,

i take it that this version has been suiting people better than the earlier .503 version.
    right?
    just downloaded both and am wondering which one to go with?

regards

z
    .503 = Chevy Vega
    .540 = New Cadillac

You decide

11-18-11 06:13 PM
    .503 = Chevy Vega
    .540 = New Cadillac

You decide

love this comparison
    11-18-11 08:58 PM
    I've been using this os since it was a leak version and i have to say that is awesomeeeees battery life is amazing!!! I unplugged my 9900 at 8 am and it's now 1am of the next Day and i still have 70% of battery!! I sent a lot of bbm mesages some twitter check in the day and very light web surfing, still very amazing battery and every day that i have this version battery life seems to improve more and more!!! definitly all people should try this OS! I'm getting more battery life than my torch 9810 that i have before!
    11-18-11 11:33 PM
233 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD