Damm it. I guess I am unlucky. I been upgrading phones so many times since my first BB... This is the second time that I almost bricked my phone. Now, I need to redownload all my apps!! Damm it again!!

- Charles
    11-03-11 12:14 PM
    You still have a hidden vendor.xml file somewhere on your PC.

Search the earlier pages in this thread, there are numerous references to and fixes for this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't think I do. I've deleted the vendor.xml file and I've also downloaded CrackEm and made sure its deleted through that as well. Still nothing.

Very frustrating.
    11-03-11 12:29 PM
    I don't think I do. I've deleted the vendor.xml file and I've also downloaded CrackEm and made sure its deleted through that as well. Still nothing.

Very frustrating.
    Trust me... it's a hidden vendor file

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...6/#post6733169

HaTaX likes this.
    11-03-11 12:42 PM
    Oh boy. I cannot Internet Tether from my Playbook or Bluetooth DUN from my Mac after this upgrade. Others have this problem?
    11-03-11 12:42 PM
    Damm it. I guess I am unlucky. I been upgrading phones so many times since my first BB... This is the second time that I almost bricked my phone. Now, I need to redownload all my apps!! Damm it again!!

- Charles
    I actually never seem to get a perfect restore with apps especially since I do a full wipe with BBSak. But it gives me to do some app cleaning. I don't mind since now it's so convenient that I can install through appworld via my computer!
    11-03-11 01:08 PM
    He is right

i had to show all hidden files and folders on Windows before i could find it

Its in

C:\Users\Your user name goes here\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Do this and check for it.

Mines been loaded in for 18 hours and it seems to be fine.

No issues so far. Will give it qa few more days to settle
    11-03-11 01:17 PM
    I could not load,ran program for hidden file,loaded no problem,and its great,batt life has improved beyond doubt only been running 8-9 hours but can tell big improvement.Everything else seems to be fine as well
    11-03-11 01:22 PM
    Strange, I got significantly worse battery life, same apps. I have even tried to wipe to make sure upgrade process not mess up something, but no change. It is not just bit, it is quite visible, that the battery is discharging quite quickly. On 439 I had much better.

I was wondering how come there is such a difference, same HW as others, but going worse than others. I would believe the firmware change something, maybe it is related also to some network tuning or something, but ....

I really don't understand. I guess I am going to go back and see if it changes, or do you think I should wait couple of days?
    11-03-11 01:27 PM
    BlackBerry Bridge 1.0.7.4 includes the following bug fixes and improvements:

- Performance improvements over all Bridge applications
    - Addressed multiple connectivity and pairing issues
    - Fixed issue with loading HTTPS websites
    - Performance improvements when downloading attachments
    11-03-11 01:29 PM
    Strange, I got significantly worse battery life, same apps. I have even tried to wipe to make sure upgrade process not mess up something, but no change. It is not just bit, it is quite visible, that the battery is discharging quite quickly. On 439 I had much better.

I was wondering how come there is such a difference, same HW as others, but going worse than others. I would believe the firmware change something, maybe it is related also to some network tuning or something, but ....

I really don't understand. I guess I am going to go back and see if it changes, or do you think I should wait couple of days?
    God that's really weird, my battery life has been fantastic today. On .440 i was losing 5-7% an hour and with .474 i've had 3.9% - have been of the charger for 13 hours and still have 50% remaining.
    11-03-11 01:35 PM

your battery will drain a bit faster after a new OS... sometimes it takes a day or two to show true battery usages..
    mberdych likes this.
    11-03-11 01:37 PM
    Then switch th 3G only, no need to have 2G on, it will still save some battery.

Do you happen to know if Telus have a 2G support system for Bold 9900? If not I should also just keep the setting to 3G.
    11-03-11 01:47 PM
    your battery will drain a bit faster after a new OS... sometimes it takes a day or two to show true battery usages..
    Thanks for that. I'll wait and see whether it will get better. If not, I will try to go back. In fact, honestly speaking, I love my 9900, but in real life, my previous 9700 would be still pretty much fine with much higher battery life. I loved the clean OS5 and except the browser, performance was without an issues. I was even considering to go back, but quality , browser experience and mainly keyboard is a showstopper now. I just took old Bold today to hand (it is new, because replaced in service for new piece) and the build quality is horrible comparing to 9900. I don't know, it is pretty much battery vs browser/quality.
    11-03-11 01:54 PM
    Installed berry meter, average discharge 6.9%/hour, being on wifi, horrible.
    11-03-11 01:58 PM
    Do you happen to know if Telus have a 2G support system for Bold 9900? If not I should also just keep the setting to 3G.
    There is NO 2G support on Telus or Bell. They are exclusively 3G/H+ HSPA networks. They do have a CDMA network but these phones will not work on them! Sucks for trying to save battery on 2G, the new network is much better than the old one.

i have beInfo installed and i'm getting about 5% an hour...not on wifi.
    give it a little bit of time to stabilize...especially after batt pulls and etc. battery drain seems to fluctuate alot more. My thinking is meters get reset a bit and refresh new data from the battery. Dont quote me on this, i dont know for sure...
    11-03-11 02:06 PM
    Telus does not have a 2G system, so setting it to 3G/H+ only is the best option. Have had mine set to 3G/H+ only since I got it with no problems.
    mssca likes this.
    11-03-11 02:09 PM
    Oh boy. I cannot Internet Tether from my Playbook or Bluetooth DUN from my Mac after this upgrade. Others have this problem?
    Tether is working fine for me.

I seem to have a problem with displaying saved messages. Only the last 2 days show up. I can however access the saved messages from the individual e-mail boxes. anyone else got this error /
    11-03-11 02:23 PM
    battery life very good on this version! do not judge it by the first day. After a couple reboots and 24 hours later and letting it settle in I am getting close to battery life I had on my 9700 on os5 with the same usage patterns
    11-03-11 02:39 PM
    PS>>> on Day 1 after upgrading, I got 12hrs fairly low use, with a reasonable signal to discharge 50% of the battery; of course the second half tends to disappear much quicker. So it looks like the battery is only marginally improved
    11-03-11 02:43 PM
    Compass does not ask calibration anymore.
    It did for me.
    11-03-11 03:05 PM

You can't judge a new OS's battery usage on the first day, it's still working everything out. I normally give it a week to be quite honest.

I have noticed 1 difference that is really obvious but I don't think I'd be annoyed by it or anything, it would just take some time to get use to. The task manager appears to be narrower, not all the way from the left to the right of the screen as I recall. I could be mistaken, anyone else noticed it?

EDIT: Also reboots aren't as fast as .440 (being under a minute!) but not unacceptable.
    Last edited by gordonzhao; 11-03-11 at 03:09 PM.
    11-03-11 03:05 PM
    when i first loaded the OS my battery discharge was at 9.8% for the first hour..

now after about 6 hours it's at 5.5%.

tomorrow or the day after it should be golden
    11-03-11 03:09 PM
    though its a bit too early to judge, the battery life seems a bit better than .439 ...
    11-03-11 03:10 PM
    Just noticed something else, in .440 with the 2nd recipient field in SMS, the cursor would always start at that 2nd field. Now in .474 it starts in the text field, how it should be. I could do without the 2nd recipient field but it's not that much of a bother as long as it doesn't start the cursor in that field. It looks like we're going to be stuck with the 2nd recipient field in OS 7.
    11-03-11 03:22 PM

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...6/#post6733169

Thanks Phil, it finally worked using the program from the link that you gave me.

I have to say I'm not too happy with the overal time it took for me to do this. I wonder if updating an OS for Windows Phone, iOS and Android is any simpler/easier.

11-03-11 03:41 PM
342 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD