Hi guys, I hate to ask these question. First I did read everything and search too. I been installing new OS for a while now. I even got the 9900 .439 to work. However I can not get .474 to work. Yes i deleted the vendor.xml in one spot and is not any where else. I used the cmd prompt to look and no other Vendor.xml. I even download the script that takes it all out. BTW the script said cannot find Vendor.xml. But still my loader just won't load???

What did I do wrong??? BTW I don't have DM anymore too. I know your going to say there is still a vendor file on my PC. OK, where is the best next place to go look. Thanks.
    try using another pc
    11-10-11 04:05 PM
    having the same issue as romeo57 concerning the feeds getting mixed up when scrolling thru the feeds and even selecting CB forums (or any other) the feeds start to jump around even when using the trackpad at times, as well as feeds seem to freeze for a few secs and becomes non responsive till i use app switcher to hs then back into feeds and i can close the app down then, i think reloading the os just for a fix is a little to much, may just do a cod swap from .440 as .474 is a updated feeds version

as far a battery seems pretty stable as was w .440 getting 2-3.5 discharge rate per hr most of the day
    11-10-11 04:23 PM
    having the same issue as romeo57 concerning the feeds getting mixed up when scrolling thru the feeds and even selecting CB forums (or any other) the feeds start to jump around even when using the trackpad at times, as well as feeds seem to freeze for a few secs and becomes non responsive till i use app switcher to hs then back into feeds and i can close the app down then, i think reloading the os just for a fix is a little to much, may just do a cod swap from .440 as .474 is a updated feeds version
    Yup... I can confirm that RSS feeds in .474 are absolutely FUBAR!

EDIT: I've just deleted the Social Feeds app and replaced it with BB News, as I only used it for RSS feeds. BB News is much better, and has no bugs
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 11-10-11 at 05:41 PM.
    11-10-11 04:39 PM
    Update since the second day of release: today was fairly heavier usage than normal, went through a battery and 68 (168%/200%) I'm getting erratic battery behavior, I hope this settles down soon. Or T-MOBILE shouid release an update since it's November as promised, and UMA!

EDIT: I realized it might have been Vlingo, I had read SMS and Email enabled but it never read it...but anywho, I'll see if that's what was draining the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by gordonzhao; 11-10-11 at 10:23 PM.
    11-10-11 10:20 PM
    Woohooo!! Update lads, .503 just hit the shelves! See you in the new thread.

11-10-11 10:28 PM
    Can I go through Persian website and email with this update?
    11-10-11 11:29 PM
    I promote this release as a solid one. Biggest improvement for me was it stopped the extreme battery drain I was getting with HSPA+ enabled on all previous builds including 440. Major change. Before it would come off charger before leaving work and be in the yellow danger zone on my nightstand by morning, or dead completely. Now the battery bar barely moved in 14 hours, just like the 9700/9780.

Didnt even do a clean install or selective restore either, just straight upgrade through BB desktop after installing locally and deleting vendor.xml
    11-11-11 08:17 AM
    I promote this release as a solid one. Biggest improvement for me was it stopped the extreme battery drain I was getting with HSPA+ enabled on all previous builds including 440. Major change. Before it would come off charger before leaving work and be in the yellow danger zone on my nightstand by morning, or dead completely. Now the battery bar barely moved in 14 hours, just like the 9700/9780.

Didnt even do a clean install or selective restore either, just straight upgrade through BB desktop after installing locally and deleting vendor.xml
    I'm seeing the exact opposite. With 474 my battery life is horrendous. I was seeing 12.5% drain rate yesterday, and today so far I'm already at 11%. Down to 90% after less than an hour off the charger, using the same settings and doing the same kind of activity as I've always done. That's just friggin awful. Kinda not very happy at the moment.

11-11-11 08:21 AM
    I'm seeing the exact opposite. With 474 my battery life is horrendous. I was seeing 12.5% drain rate yesterday, and today so far I'm already at 11%. Down to 90% after less than an hour off the charger, using the same settings and doing the same kind of activity as I've always done. That's just friggin awful. Kinda not very happy at the moment.

Try the leaked .503 build, see the thread in the leaked OS forum

It is said that this build is being used by carriers to replace the OS on customers phones who are experiencing problems.

The file comes from a regional carrier/operator here, they are using it to update customer phones in shops after customer complaints, but since it is not locked (no vendor file) and you cannot download it from there website or RIM's, i am posting it as a "leak"
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 11-11-11 at 01:20 PM.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    11-11-11 01:17 PM
    Try the leaked .503 build, see the thread in the leaked OS forum

It is said that this build is being used by carriers to replace the OS on customers phones who are experiencing problems.

The file comes from a regional carrier/operator here, they are using it to update customer phones in shops after customer complaints, but since it is not locked (no vendor file) and you cannot download it from there website or RIM's, i am posting it as a "leak"
    Thanx ... I saw this earlier this morning. I'm definitely going to give it a shot tonight.

11-11-11 02:15 PM
    My phone is about at 55% after 24 hours on .474, pretty happy with it.

For those that are still having battery issues, I know for a fact that Rogers and Telus had battery recalls with certain models of battery, so it may that you have one of the bad batch of batteries. I'd check with your carrier.
    11-11-11 04:36 PM
    fiddy should give it a try, if the .474 version already is horrible for you should giving the new OS a shot.
    also the .440 OS was horrible for me same as the .474..
    i was on .474 version my avg-moderate usage was 23/30% first day and avg-idle rate is 10% - 20%++ which was a beast eating up my battery.
    i tested it 3 days it was all about average the same. then .503 came out, it is a savior.
    getting avg usage-rate about 6% less or just slightly more just about it.
    and idle-rate was -1.0% when i left it for 1 hour not bad.
    it's feels now like my older OS.296 or i don't since the new OS.503 is just there we would give it some time before we come to an conclusion.
    and per user it could differ so we have to wait for it. meanwhile i would say try .503 if you can.
    Today was about the worst day for battery life that I've seen as long as I've had BB's, including days after installing OS's and anything else. I had to throw the phone back on the charger before I left work this afternoon, because the battery was dropping fast, in the area of 20-21% per hour (I was kind of helping it along by opening every app I could at the same time trying to run it down) and when it hit 29%, I was afraid I wouldn't make it home. 30 minutes plugged in and it shot up to 65%. 90 minutes later it had only dropped 3%, so I'm guessing .474 had finally started to stabilize. But I said screw it and I just installed .503 anyway, because everybody is saying it's even better than .474. On my third reboot now (which seems to be taking forever) after re-upgrading BBM. Will definitely be beating the crap out of it tonight and tomorrow. If it ever finishes booting.
    Aahh ... Rethink possible ... we are back.
    11-11-11 06:15 PM
    .503 makes this thread null and void.

11-12-11 02:52 AM
    My phone is about at 55% after 24 hours on .474, pretty happy with it.

For those that are still having battery issues, I know for a fact that Rogers and Telus had battery recalls with certain models of battery, so it may that you have one of the bad batch of batteries. I'd check with your carrier.

The battery issue the carriers were notified about would have resulted in the battery being doa. There is NO known battery issue that would cause high discharge rates.

It either worked or it didn't!

(I realize this isn't related to the thread, but people or communicating incorrect info)
    11-13-11 10:15 AM
    Move over to the .503 thread/OS people, .474 is old news.

11-13-11 10:19 AM
    Battery life has improved after installation of .474
    Earlier i had to recharge within 8 hrs. Now after 8 hrs its about 60%
    Great!!!
    11-14-11 03:12 AM
    I'm downgrading from .590 to this.
    12-25-11 06:45 AM
342 ... 121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD