There is no file called "vendor.exe". It's called "vendor.xml"
    11-05-11 10:22 PM
    Okay..i'm running 439...Can anyone tell me whether or not this is a better version? I'm specifically concerned about battery life. Anyone here upgraded to this version from 439 please feel me in on the pros and cons. As always, thanks in advance
    Just read this tread from beginning and you will find out what you looking for.
    11-05-11 10:25 PM
    Hey guys! How can I force 2G on this? I wanted to test it out today and the option isn't there! Did they remove this option from this build?
    11-06-11 02:16 AM
    Just read this tread from beginning and you will find out what you looking for.
    Hey TelusBB, you can read it from back to front if it makes you feel any better.

The short version is most everyone agrees that battery life is better with this OS, along with some other improvements. If it were me I would go for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by olblueyez; 11-06-11 at 02:26 AM.
    11-06-11 02:23 AM
    After running this os for a while ,last night when I left the phone on while sleeping with out charging it drains battery 2.xx %/hour on 2G network

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-06-11 03:23 AM
    After running this os for a while ,last night when I left the phone on while sleeping with out charging it drains battery 2.xx %/hour on 2G network

On 3G I get 3%.
    11-06-11 03:25 AM
    Installed yesterday 2:00pm UK time.

Off charge @ 100% 8:30 pm

Light use, now 90% at 12:00 noon UK time.

Battery life seems very good for a new install.
    11-06-11 06:07 AM
    Works fine with me... I found only one vendor.xml when I'm updating my 9900 by using windows 7 via mac osx bootcamp...
    Great update anyway... Love it... Can't wait for another update to come...

11-06-11 09:30 AM
    Can any of you confirm that the 2G option is gone? There is only: Only 3G or 2G & 3G. My roommate has the same phone and on an older build and has the 2G only option.
    11-06-11 10:27 AM
    Can any of you confirm that the 2G option is gone? There is only: Only 3G or 2G & 3G. My roommate has the same phone and on an older build and has the 2G only option.
    2G 3G and 2G & 3G showing for me.
    11-06-11 10:34 AM
    Hi everyone, does this build helps with the horrible batt life of this phone? Im thinking of upgrading my 9780 to this, its just that im worried about not getting a proper batt life... hope someone can help
    11-06-11 11:08 AM
    Hi everyone, does this build helps with the horrible batt life of this phone? Im thinking of upgrading my 9780 to this, its just that im worried about not getting a proper batt life... hope someone can help
    I don't have a battery life issue anymore. I got 17 hours of a lot of use yesterday on 3G, TONS of BBM and whatsapp and browsing.
    11-06-11 01:42 PM
    2G 3G and 2G & 3G showing for me.
    Darn... What could this issue be with mine? I only have 3G and 2G & 3G. I've done a reset and that didn't help.
    11-06-11 01:43 PM
    Here the screenshot .. Chk it out

m usin .440 .. installed d OS yest
    Not the right place but can i have the wp
    11-06-11 01:46 PM
    I've been running this for a day now and I've done several battery pulls. Here are my findings so far:

1) The battery does seem to have improved since I was previously running .250 stock from t-mobile. On .250, I would not be able to get an hour of solid useage without having to charge my phone. In addition, My phone would drain quite quickly. Now, the discharge rate does seem better. I was also able to get more than an hour of usage without my battery getting drained.

2) The other thing I did notice seems to be a bug. It carried over from .250 for me.. It actually drives me a bit insane. Every now and then, my device would get stuck on "searching for signal" or "SOS" in areas that I always get 5 bars. At times, cycling of the radio helps.. Other times, I need to perform a battery pull regardless, this problem really gets to me. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced something similar?

11-06-11 02:31 PM
    Im unable to install this update on my 9900!!! Im super ****! anyone can help?? I tried deleting the vendor.xml file and neither DM or Apploader is able to pick up the new os installed! I also deleted any previous OS and still no luck! This is stupid from RIM! It should detect it regardless of anything!
    11-06-11 03:06 PM
    This is propably a ******** question but I'm running the original (dutch) T-mobile firmware right now. Does this firmware use any logo's somewhere? And how about the warranty on the device?
    11-06-11 03:26 PM
    This is propably a ******** question but I'm running the original (dutch) T-mobile firmware right now. Does this firmware use any logo's somewhere? And how about the warranty on the device?
    It doesn't void any warranties and your carrier logo will stay the same
    11-06-11 03:36 PM
    It doesn't void any warranties and your carrier logo will stay the same
    Oke, thanx! In my case there are no visible carrier logo's anywhere and I would like it to stay this way, that's why I asked.

11-06-11 03:56 PM
    I now use my BB in Paris. Can I upgrade my BB with this file? I think it's for canadian one, isn't it? let me know lol. I don't know BB well.
    11-06-11 04:27 PM
    Anyone have issues with BES based Blackberry not showing in HTML mode anymore? Ive reloaded this now 4 different times. Wiped it with BBSAK each time. Under Message Options and Email Preferences there is no option for HTML email, however my GMAIL has it and its no problem. Just dont understand why it wont show HTML anymore on BES based.
    No problem with HTML on my BES account

I had a 9780 before I get half the battery life I had with 440. And it seems to be better on the 474 My last charge lasted 51 hours. But on the week end I always get a way better battery life because I'm home on the WIFI. This WE I forgot my BB home so it really idled.
    11-06-11 04:34 PM
    I've been running this for a day now and I've done several battery pulls. Here are my findings so far:

1) The battery does seem to have improved since I was previously running .250 stock from t-mobile. On .250, I would not be able to get an hour of solid useage without having to charge my phone. In addition, My phone would drain quite quickly. Now, the discharge rate does seem better. I was also able to get more than an hour of usage without my battery getting drained.
    One hour!? I think there's something wrong with your phone and/or battery. I can use my phone consistently with HEAVY usage for several hours before it drains its battery. It's not an identical situation as I am on a 9930 CDMA variant, but results should be fairly similar.

2) The other thing I did notice seems to be a bug. It carried over from .250 for me.. It actually drives me a bit insane. Every now and then, my device would get stuck on "searching for signal" or "SOS" in areas that I always get 5 bars. At times, cycling of the radio helps.. Other times, I need to perform a battery pull regardless, this problem really gets to me. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced something similar?
    That is very strange. I don't see how the reception could have gotten that poor after this update. Which carrier are you on?
    11-06-11 05:39 PM
    I have went back to 439 as this build was killing my battery. Everything else was fine too.

Shame really.

11-06-11 05:39 PM
    I am on T-mobile and I'm not sure if its because of battery settling in ever since I got the phone, because of this OS, or because of the combination of both but my battery has been behaving fantastically today! I can honestly say that the battery performance today was either on par or (I know this sounds crazy) but better than my older 9780. But that's just today, let's hope things stay the same or get better.

11-06-11 07:10 PM
    Hey peeps,

I'm using BB9900 from Maxis (Malaysia) on 261 build. I have only a Mac at home and was wondering how i could update my OS using mac and will i need to delete the vendor.xml before i update?

I've updated my Tour 9630 previously on a PC without any problems, wonder whether it would be the same on my Mac
    11-06-11 10:40 PM
342 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD