All done, been using it for 2 days, noticed a significant improvement in battery life both 3G and 2G
    The fade is back in for the top keys and trackpad
    Screen response is much snappier than .379
    Compass and GPS fix is much quicker
    WiFi and Bluetooth both quicker to connect
    Much more secure connection over BlackBerry Bridge
    Browser speed improved over out-of-the-box .235
    Lag and wheel-of-death has pretty much disappeared
    Generally a huge improvement, loving it so far
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    11-05-11 05:10 AM
    PLEASE can someone show me how to download this for a macbook?

I've done loads of OS updates on my 8900 & 9780 on windows but now I've got 9900 & a macbook pro.

Please can someone help?
    11-05-11 05:47 AM
    Install windows with bootcamp and install the OS update there. I think there is no way to install this update with a mac!
    11-05-11 06:22 AM
    Thanks!

Can someone confirm?

Is there not just an offering of another file type?
    11-05-11 06:25 AM
    i feel battery got improve then previous..boot oso more fast..like
    11-05-11 07:54 AM
    No other file type. You will have this problem with each new OS. So bootcamp is the way.
    11-05-11 08:07 AM
    does this FW supports hebrew?
    11-05-11 08:52 AM
    does this FW supports hebrew?
    Did you have a problem with a previous OS? The download says its All Language so should be OK.

Also look here: Hebrew for the Blackberry
    11-05-11 09:45 AM
    5 hours since i updated my device. Signal is crazy. Always had 5 bars in front of the computer.. now i have 5 and suddenly drops to 1, then 3, then EDGE, then GRPS...

Battery draining very fast, but i installed many apps... will inform tomorrow.
    11-05-11 09:47 AM
    No other file type. You will have this problem with each new OS. So bootcamp is the way.
    Could you give me instructions on how I'd go about installing it then?

I have cross over but I assume this isn't going to work so I'll get bootcamp instead.

Please detail how I'd install the OS once I have bootcamp - thanks
    11-05-11 09:52 AM
    Haven't encountered any issues with .440 so I'll probably be holding off for 7.1.

The one thing that really bothers me after a few weeks of OS usage is AppWorld installs -- WHY do they take so long compared to a fresh OS?
    11-05-11 11:29 AM
    So far 6 hours today since I unplugged, very light usage. Had to take a few annoying phone calls which lasted a few minutes, email in the teens, few bbm messages and light browsing. I'm at 73%. Not bad, not great. Too early to tell unlike others that install for an hour and say that the battery life is shot. I'll let you guys know in a few more days.

Why since my last post, half the posts in the past few pages are all "how do I install, can I install on a mac, what's the vendor.xml..etc" for christ's sake can't you guys use the nifty tool found on all forums called "search?" If not use what every person who uses a computer do, use google (yahoo, msn, etc, whatever helps you find your answers.) You'll find definite answers to your question if you just Google "install leaked blackberry os walkthrough/guide/video" I'm not making any promises but I think the first result will most likely show you what you're looking for. If your case is rare, feel free to post and ask of course. But search before you do! Stop flooding the net with repetitive questions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-11 01:13 PM
    Haven't encountered any issues with .440 so I'll probably be holding off for 7.1.

The one thing that really bothers me after a few weeks of OS usage is AppWorld installs -- WHY do they take so long compared to a fresh OS?
    Not long for me, do you have a lot of apps open when installing? And after a wipe and os install I like to plug my phone in to the computer and install apps via the app world site on the computer browser. So much easier than going into app world via the phone, "uninstalled" then clicking install on each individual app, and having to go back to the "uninstalled" tab each time after clicking install. With the app world site you can just hit install on all the apps you need, hit "sync" give it a few minutes and voila. Installed. Reboot. Hope this helps.

11-05-11 01:16 PM
    hey.. could someone help me..
    i have been trying to install this for 2 hours now and no success...
    i tried deleting the vendor file, using shrink-a-os... nothing works!
    I would install the os, then try opening DM and it would show no update available.

I sometimes would restart the computer after installing (as it would say I need to restart the computer in order for the install to be complete)..

any advice please!!!!!! I've never had this happen before lol
    11-05-11 03:39 PM
    hey.. could someone help me..
    i have been trying to install this for 2 hours now and no success...
    i tried deleting the vendor file, using shrink-a-os... nothing works!
    I would install the os, then try opening DM and it would show no update available.

I sometimes would restart the computer after installing (as it would say I need to restart the computer in order for the install to be complete)..

any advice please!!!!!! I've never had this happen before lol
    You have a hidden vendor file somewhere on your PC. Find it and delete it.

11-05-11 03:58 PM
    PLEASE can someone show me how to download this for a macbook?

I've done loads of OS updates on my 8900 & 9780 on windows but now I've got 9900 & a macbook pro.

Please can someone help?
    These leaked versions and some official versions cannot be loaded on a Mac unless the official one directly come from your service provider. (in that case the download manager will load it) As far as I know, you need a windows OS to load this to your phone.
    11-05-11 04:45 PM
    would you know where this vendor file is?
    i looked through common files > rim> apploader...

and theres nothing there.
    any idea where it is?
    11-05-11 04:55 PM
    would you know where this vendor file is?
    i looked through common files > rim> apploader...

and theres nothing there.
    any idea where it is?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ations-483268/

11-05-11 04:58 PM
    i dont delete the loader right? cause i don't seem to see any vendor files any more
    11-05-11 05:14 PM
    i dont delete the loader right? cause i don't seem to see any vendor files any more
    http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...update-645313/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...6/#post6733169
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 11-05-11 at 05:25 PM.
    11-05-11 05:22 PM
    okay.. i did that ... don't seem to see any vendor... do i delete the loader file? (in common files > RIM? apploader)
    11-05-11 05:24 PM
    Maybe if the people having problems finding the vendor.xml files went into the CONTROL PANEL in windows and clicked FOLDER OPTIONS and clicked VIEW and clicked SHOW HIDDEN FILES then maybe you guys could find the vendor.xml files.

There are 2 files guys. NOT ONE. It used to be one but in this case IT'S TWO,,!!!!!

a) "C:\Users\<UserID>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML\vendor.xml

b) "C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader\vendor.xml

Last edited by olblueyez; 11-05-11 at 06:00 PM.
    selfishreflect likes this.
    11-05-11 05:38 PM
    Okay..i'm running 439...Can anyone tell me whether or not this is a better version? I'm specifically concerned about battery life. Anyone here upgraded to this version from 439 please feel me in on the pros and cons. As always, thanks in advance
    11-05-11 07:53 PM
    For the ones that can't install or doesn't show in bdm, go some pages back, find the link I or phil psoted from Hatax's thread, use that, it'll delete all the vendor files. Wipe (or not) the device, install using loader.exe.

11-05-11 09:38 PM
    this update plays more formats of videos than earlier os 7 releases... i had some videos on the micro-sd from 9700 which stopped playing when i switched to 9900... they started playing again after i updated to .474...
    11-05-11 10:22 PM
342 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD