I have noticed 1 difference that is really obvious but I don't think I'd be annoyed by it or anything, it would just take some time to get use to. The task manager appears to be narrower, not all the way from the left to the right of the screen as I recall. I could be mistaken, anyone else noticed it?
    Nope, Tasks still fits the screen fine as with previous versions.

Just noticed something else, in .440 with the 2nd recipient field in SMS, the cursor would always start at that 2nd field. Now in .474 it starts in the text field, how it should be. I could do without the 2nd recipient field but it's not that much of a bother as long as it doesn't start the cursor in that field. It looks like we're going to be stuck with the 2nd recipient field in OS 7.
    Create a new SMS and the cursor still ends in the 2nd recipient field, not in the text field... as with previous versions.
    11-03-11 03:52 PM
    Tether is working fine for me.

I seem to have a problem with displaying saved messages. Only the last 2 days show up. I can however access the saved messages from the individual e-mail boxes. anyone else got this error /
    speaking of tethering....i'm tethering right now via DM. My BIS/BES are disconnecting when I do so though. Basically I lose the BB logo next to H+ when the tether is active. Once I disconnect, it re-established.
    I checked that IP Solo Modem is set to disabled in e-screen.

Anyone else seeing the same issues?
    I'll probably do a battery pull to see if this fixes anything but I doubt it.

Update: Did a battery pull...started tethering again and it disconnected....however a few seconds after the BIS tunnel was re-established and now it all works again!
    Last edited by hestonk; 11-03-11 at 04:27 PM. Reason: issues resolved by itself
    11-03-11 03:52 PM
    So far so good. Better than .440 on my device
    I'm on 2G(Don't have data just bbm service so no point and I'm near wifi all day), lots of BBM, some texts, Wifi on crackberry and a few youtube vids(30mins)
    Battery life at 70% after 9.5 hours of use with a discharge rate of 3.5%/Hour
    My apps with no refresh rate: facebook,twitter with minimal use.
    The trackpad fade is back with is cool
    The device is snappier I believe and more responsive.
    I found that the WIFI doesn't lock on as good when using a weaker signal; it disconects a lot but really good when the signal is strong.
    Overall I am satified with this build and hopefully the battery improves slightly. You all should give this a try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 03:57 PM
    i Have many problems with this version... it have a bug with the sounds or melodies of call, bbm, wlm and all of them... Anyone have this problem... Everytime that happen it i must be restar the phone that sucks!!! Can help me??
    Last edited by gustavoegg; 11-03-11 at 04:55 PM.
    11-03-11 04:52 PM
    i Have many problems with this version... it have a bug with the sounds or melodies of call, bbm, wlm and all of them... Anyone have this problem... Everytime that happen it i must be restar the phone that sucks!!! Can help me??
    Try a battery pull with phone on and reinsert after 20-30 seconds. If this doesn't work, wipe os with bbsak and reinstall os .474 because so far this is an awesome build!

11-03-11 05:13 PM
    Create a new SMS and the cursor still ends in the 2nd recipient field, not in the text field... as with previous versions.
    Yep same here still rather annoying.
    11-03-11 06:05 PM
    I get an average discharge rate of 7.1%.

However, I still can only squeeze about 8-9 hours of our medium/heavy usage. So sad...
    11-03-11 06:42 PM
    i have a problem, i downloaded it, installed it, restarted my computer, opened the file, deleted vendor file xml file, then went to loader, it goes through a few steps, then it says finished but i dun see the version on my phone.

any idea??
    11-03-11 06:51 PM
    You have to delete the hidden vendor.xml file.
    Search : Vendor in windows search bar
    11-03-11 06:54 PM
    i went into app loader, and i dun see the vendor.xml
    11-03-11 07:01 PM
    ^

download the bat file a few pages back that deletes all the vendor files on your computer
    11-03-11 07:03 PM
    got it and all done thanks guys
    11-03-11 07:21 PM
    btw sms bug where it says i have too many damn sms messages is still there...
    11-03-11 07:24 PM
    I'm getting an average discharge rate of 2% per hour after a day of use which included playing music for about 50 minutes, bbm and texting maybe 30 times, receive/send 20 emails and talk maybe 20 minutes. Admitedly not anything close to being heavy but that's better than 440 for me.
    11-04-11 12:51 AM
    So my findings are horrible battery discharge. I know all the recommendations to wait couple of days, but I was worried I will not be able to get throughout a day so did a downgrade to 439 and immediately it got back to my previous solid battery life. I don't really understand how is that possible considering there are people saying their battery is fine. It's a kind of magic.
    11-04-11 02:33 AM
    So my findings are horrible battery discharge. I know all the recommendations to wait couple of days, but I was worried I will not be able to get throughout a day so did a downgrade to 439 and immediately it got back to my previous solid battery life. I don't really understand how is that possible considering there are people saying their battery is fine. It's a kind of magic.
    Team,

I remember that one of the recommendations was to load the software (new OS) with the battery at 100%, What I did is to charge my phone 100% and did a wipe and later installed the new OS. - This is the recommendation that I followed and here are my results.

On my second day of use - Yesterday charged my phone overnight and unplugged my phone today at 7am, you are not going to believe this but is 12:48am and my phone drained completely.. this is how many hours? ( +16 hrs?) and really is true.

Actually found the browser more fast and stable on my second day, I am with Tmobile here in San Diego and to be honest - I am very impress with this build.

About the SMS issue? - I think that can be considered as a feature, just in case that you would like to include more recipients ( Sorry, not sure if I am using a correct word, since English is not my first language - is Spanish) .

Another thing that I found out is when you have one of your contacts as speed dial, for any reason, display in just a milisecons the previous window.. but for me this is not an issue, still doing a good call and not issues to report. - besides all of this, I think that we have a final good software in our devices..

Salud!

Cilke - from San Diego.
    11-04-11 02:53 AM
    since i got my 9900 im having problem with the signal, the blackberry logo on my signal keeps on n off sumtimes its just off until i turned off the mobile network connection n then turn it on again.. so i was wondering does the problem comes from the provider or the phone or could it be the OS ?? i thought after i did the upgrade into .474 the problem would solved but apparently not yet, so if there any of u guys could show me the light i would be so grateful... im on tmo usa.. thx people.
    11-04-11 03:22 AM
    Can anyone re explain about this 2nd vendor.xml file ?
    I installed it but just delated the normal vendor.xml file and my bb works like charm.
    11-04-11 03:27 AM
    I found this time had the hidden vendor file. 1st time ever. Might be rims way of making things difficult for people using leaks.

My battery seems to have settles as well.

Liking .474 a lot.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-04-11 03:55 AM
    i delete all the vendors files and blackberry desktop still don't loads the new software! what can i do ?
    11-04-11 04:12 AM
    i delete all the vendors files and blackberry desktop still don't loads the new software! what can i do ?

Go to the thread about loading a new OS and follow the instructions.

I don't tend to use desktop manager to load the OS, only to backup.

Either shrink is and run loader from there. Or use the loader.exe file in the apploader directory.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-04-11 04:16 AM
    can you explain me in detail how i load the OS without using the desktop manager please?
    11-04-11 04:22 AM
    Can anyone re explain about this 2nd vendor.xml file ?
    I installed it but just delated the normal vendor.xml file and my bb works like charm.
    While I was upgrading using my Windows 7 computer, I discovered two vendor.xml files, one in the /prog files/common shared/RIM/...folder while the other was hidden in the folder /user/xyz/appdata/roaming/RIM/blackberry/Loader XML/... In the latter folder, you also have another file called device.xml hidden there.

However, while using Windows Vista Enterprise at the office, only one vendor.xml was found in the computer while re-upgrading my BB OS. Strange. Maybe it's a Windows OS thing.
    aldo818 and selfishreflect like this.
    11-04-11 05:00 AM
    Starting day 2: discharge rate of 0.0% on idle. Charged full and unplugged before bed. 7hours later still 100% but used bbm, sent a few pics and instantly dropped 2% for some reason. Will post again after I finish another day

11-04-11 06:06 AM
    Nothing more annoying than people asking how do I load an OS ? The search button is there

elrafa_paez and kartguy like this.
    11-04-11 08:04 AM
342 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD