Just delete the other vendor file in this route C:\User\<myUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML and delete the vendor.xml file from there you have check show hidden files on folders optjons in windows!
    11-03-11 07:40 AM
    hey guys, so is this update an improvement in terms of battery management, aesthetics, etc? bcuz i only now just updated to .439 so just wondering if its has better improvements?
    11-03-11 07:47 AM
    Hmmm, you are meant to get 6.6 hrs phoneing for 100% battery so 30m mins is roughtly 1/13 of this i.e. 8%. take this off the 40% drop and you get left with 32%. from your post times this must have been over 5 hours i.e. about 6% drop per hour:- should be in the order of 2-3% so looks like I'm not alone in experiencing a fast discharge.

I'm now going back to version .439 where I had 2.5%/hr
    .296 is the best for me, 1% discharge on idle. have given up on upgrading now cause all version seem to disappoint and end up going back to .296
    but thanks for the excellent calculations
    11-03-11 07:53 AM
    .296 is the best for me, 1% discharge on idle. have given up on upgrading now cause all version seem to disappoint and end up going back to .296
    but thanks for the excellent calculations
    1% discharge rate on idle is easily achieved with .474

You should try it, because .296 was buggy old garbage!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 08:10 AM
    cool, thanks for that. Maybe i will, but i do like the bugs on .296 actually.
    especially the one where it allows you to touch the screen right above the touchpad. All the rest, they fixed that issue
    11-03-11 08:12 AM
    Struggling to update OS.

Uninstalled previous OS versions, installed new OS. Restarted PC. Removed vendor.xml, used BBSAK (detects no new OS) and used BB Desktop Manager and clicked 'update' - only found current OS version. I'm not new to OS updating but this is grinding my gears.

Any suggestions please?

-edit- Managed to solve it.
    had the same issue. moved to another laptop and installed DM and the new os. then no problem! wierd...
    11-03-11 08:29 AM
    I had no issue with downloading or installing this. I'll let you know if there is any obvious improvement over the leaked .400 version.

Everything seems to be working smoothly so far
    11-03-11 08:30 AM
    Just had an issue with sending pictures through BBM. I would select the picture, but when I went to send it it said media is invalid. I went to battery pull the phone and a dialog came up upon restart telling me that my Built-in Memory had errors and it needed to repair it. Once it finished repairing, I battery pulled the phone again and all was good. All my media was still on my card and on the phone, and now I could send pictures via bbm.

Also, AppWorld opens up much quicker than it did on .400. When I click on the icon, it is almost instantaneously loaded.

Last edited by MikeFromCanada; 11-03-11 at 08:51 AM.
    11-03-11 08:33 AM
    Agreed - I get two days on 2G. I rarely use 3G and if I need it I have programmed a QuickLaunch function to change back and forth between 2G and 3G with one button.
    Regnillop likes this.
    11-03-11 08:57 AM
    Agreed - I get two days on 2G. I rarely use 3G and if I need it I have programmed a QuickLaunch function to change back and forth between 2G and 3G with one button.
    is it out for download or trial?
    11-03-11 08:58 AM
    I have a feeling after I install this within a week or two TMO will release the update for UMA and/or wifi hotspot. And hopefully enable NFC even though it's not widely available here in Chicage or even stateside. Thanks for posting the link to the update OP!
    T-Mobile, after claiming to be on the NFC bandwagon in 2010, has reportedly decided that NFC isn't such a good idea after all, at least for the only government-certified NFC-capable phone so far, the 9900. See this article: T-Mobile BlackBerry Bold 9900s Will Likely Not Get NFC | N4BB - News for BlackBerry - leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews.
    11-03-11 09:07 AM
    is it out for download or trial?
    Download... http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...evices-640780/

11-03-11 09:07 AM
    Compass does not ask calibration anymore.
    It did in Wikitude for me...??

no nfc? the cods for it are there checked the blackberry.axl file and it seems to be ok. cant install till while im not at home
    NFC is disabled/enabled by your carrier. It's not OS dependant.
    11-03-11 09:33 AM
    1% discharge rate on idle is easily achieved with .474

Click to view quoted image

You should try it, because .296 was buggy old garbage!

I get about 2.5-3 idle 3g and wifi. It isn't exactly the best. I remember on the 9700 I could get half a percent idle. I'm going to take off 3G and try it. I don't really need 3G anyways. But I've been leaving it on for the last few months on my other phones and I guess I'm just used to it. But I find it funny how my Samsung Galaxy S II gets better battery life on 1500 mah, but it has 1 gig ram, 4.3 inch screen, 2 processors, and a better camera. I don't know what BB did with this phone. I hope it's a software issue.
    11-03-11 10:02 AM
    Yes, in my Bold 9700, that row 1, 2, 3... could be made not to appear, leaving just your desktop picture and stuff (then tomake it appear, just click on the up/down arrow). Now in 9900, it's not there. maybe it is a 9700-only feature or the control is placed elsewhere under options.
    You mean you want the 3 rows to stay up there? Just drag the arrow up to either row 1,2,3. Click on the arrow again and that entire screen hides. Click it again it reappears.

4wheel likes this.
    11-03-11 10:08 AM
    Nope I wuznt kidding at all, I seek problems it doesn't matter if its a minor or big .. Graphical is y coz it looks gud to ur eyes, Example why do u change ur wallpaper? U change it coz u want ur homescreen to look nice .. Nyway ur tokn abt d hotspot .. Its gonna rls in OS7.1 nd dats lil long way to go so m least bothered about it

Nyway happy reinstalling .440
    I can't understand a single word you're saying. I said I was going to reinstall .440 but I installed this last night instead.

11-03-11 10:11 AM
    I can't understand a single word you're saying. I said I was going to reinstall .440 but I installed this last night instead.

And you did the right thing.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-03-11 10:14 AM
    T-Mobile, after claiming to be on the NFC bandwagon in 2010, has reportedly decided that NFC isn't such a good idea after all, at least for the only government-certified NFC-capable phone so far, the 9900. See this article: T-Mobile BlackBerry Bold 9900s Will Likely Not Get NFC | N4BB - News for BlackBerry - leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews.
    I will be the first to call into T-Mobile and demand they push the service book for it once I hear word that everyone has gotten NFC. Obviously my one call won't make the difference. But it will if everyone else on TMO does as well. A flagship BlackBerry device with one of it's newest and main functions being NFC, they handicap it from their users? This won't fly.

"Androids can use it. I purchased this phone mainly for the NFC function and now I can't use it? You better give me a new Android phone, no contract renewal, no upgrade fees, don't even think about charging me a penny." =] Take that with a grain of salt obviously.

11-03-11 10:16 AM
    And you did the right thing.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    That was only because I saw a Os update after weeks and got so excited. Guess my procrastination paid off!

11-03-11 10:18 AM
    I had a problem where with .3xx, after some time the phone would not produce any sounds; emails, sms, bbm would all be received and the LED would blink but no sound which forced me to downgrade to the original 2xx that came with my phone....anyone else experience something like this? this also disabled my alarm clock
    Last edited by Steveml20; 11-03-11 at 10:35 AM.
    11-03-11 10:30 AM
    I had a problem where with .3xx, after some time the phone would not produce any sounds; emails, sms, bbm would all be received and the LED would blink but no sound which forced me to downgrade to the original 2xx that came with my phone....anyone else experience something like this? this also disabled my alarm clock
    I had this issue once, but with a simple battery pull it fixed it. I haven't had the issue yet, and it was with the shipped os, not anything else. Something like 2xx.
    11-03-11 10:47 AM
    I had this issue once, but with a simple battery pull it fixed it. I haven't had the issue yet, and it was with the shipped os, not anything else. Something like 2xx.
    Its not a solution permanent though...happened again even after the pull, but it was fine on 2xx, hoping its fixed on 474

11-03-11 11:34 AM
    What am I doing wrong here. The Blackberry Desktop Software just won't for the love of god recognize this OS update. It's not letting me upgrade.
    11-03-11 11:36 AM
    I hate it when I am using the Latest BBM 6.0.1.32 but the application forces me to install the BBM 6.0.0.132. I sense BBM Groups restore problem

- Charles
    11-03-11 11:41 AM
    What am I doing wrong here. The Blackberry Desktop Software just won't for the love of god recognize this OS update. It's not letting me upgrade.
    You still have a hidden vendor.xml file somewhere on your PC.

Search the earlier pages in this thread, there are numerous references to and fixes for this.

11-03-11 11:47 AM
342 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD