Just fully charged the phone after the update and the phone said "charging completed" lol its scared the **** out of me, anyone know how to turn off this talking notification?
    11-03-11 01:12 AM
    That's because you have accessibility enabled and that announces each event. Turn it off and you won't have that audible notification anymore.
    11-03-11 01:23 AM
    I was hoping this update would fix my counterclockwise trackpad.
    11-03-11 01:23 AM
    This OS has really good battery life for me so far, coming from .440. I also noticed that there is an icon to press for sending an email, similar to the one on the PlayBook's Bridge email. I like that the trackpad fade is back. I can tell things are faster when I'm in the BlackBerry News app, feeds open, close, and load quicker. There is also no weird "ghost screen" type of thing after closing the BlackBerry News app, where a translucent copy of the News feed would freeze onto the screen while returning to the main menu (if that makes sense...).

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this OS. Hope to see the HotSpot feature and NFC enabled soon (though I have been reading that T-Mobile disabled it..oh well, still loving my 9900, 2 months later!)
    antikorr likes this.
    11-03-11 01:27 AM
    This OS has really good battery life for me so far, coming from .440. I also noticed that there is an icon to press for sending an email, similar to the one on the PlayBook's Bridge email. I like that the trackpad fade is back. I can tell things are faster when I'm in the BlackBerry News app, feeds open, close, and load quicker. There is also no weird "ghost screen" type of thing after closing the BlackBerry News app, where a translucent copy of the News feed would freeze onto the screen while returning to the main menu (if that makes sense...).

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this OS. Hope to see the HotSpot feature and NFC enabled soon (though I have been reading that T-Mobile disabled it..oh well, still loving my 9900, 2 months later!)

Yeah, the battery life is good. Mind you, the email send icon was in .440, i used it with ease and I love it, saves time using menu button.

My question now is, how do I restrict my display to show NO ICON on the display? In my Bold 9700, I could switch off all text msg icon, explorer, BBM icon from the screen, leaving a clean view until I click on the up/down arrow to bring up the icon views. Please help.
    11-03-11 01:42 AM
    This was the longest it has taken me to install an OS (coming from .440), apparently there was a hidden vendor file which I couldn't find. Luckily I came across this

I've seen quite a few posts on people having trouble locating the Vendor.XML file on their systems. Well for anyone that's on Windows Visa / 7 I whipped up a very quick and dirty batch file for you.

You can download it below and run it from pretty much anywhere, just remember to right click on it and choose "Run As Administrator" or it will have trouble deleting the file depending on it's location.

Once again, for Windows Vista and above only! I can do it quickly and easily within those systems, and I think that's where most of the 64 bit users are at anyway. BE WARNED!!!! This will delete EVERY occurrence of Vendor.XML on EVERY drive letter present in "My Computer". If you're not comfortable with this happening, don't download it and for sure don't run it.

Hope this helps someone out!

PS - Yes I know this is kind of ugly, but it works.
    Downloaded the file and removed the vendor file and .474 was infesting my 9900! Now to load my back up and apps back on!

OP's post and download. Thanks Hatax
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...6/#post6733169

Yeah, the battery life is good. Mind you, the email send icon was in .440, i used it with ease and I love it, saves time using menu button.

My question now is, how do I restrict my display to show NO ICON on the display? In my Bold 9700, I could switch off all text msg icon, explorer, BBM icon from the screen, leaving a clean view until I click on the up/down arrow to bring up the icon views. Please help.
    This sounds too easy and it's probably because I'm not positive what you're referring it, are you talking about the home screen icons? As in you can set to 1 row, 2 or 3 rows? Just drag the whole menu down. Unless you're talking about the notification icons. Like email, text, bbm, social networking, vvm, etc. I don't even bother reading all mine, I literally have the entire line between sound profiles and the search button filled. Normally if I get another notification there that isn't already there I start getting the "...." to show that there's no more room. -.-
    HaTaX likes this.
    11-03-11 01:54 AM
    Got a 507 Error after installing successfully and was loading my apps up, scared the crap out of me and now I'm reloading the OS again. I think this issue is just a OS 7.0 issue and not specific to this latest OS release *crosses fingers*

Edit: Not good, I've been able to reproduce the 507 error twice now.
    I am loading the OS, restoring back, everything is fine until I get to the APP store. When it loads the EULA, there is a prompt to restart. When I restart it doesn't make it past the boot screen and goes to Error 507...
    Last edited by BaconMunch; 11-03-11 at 02:58 AM.
    11-03-11 02:11 AM
    I have a media card issue after upgrade to 474, the media card is already in there but it says Media card is not presently inserted, i try to format the media card on my computer and its still doesn't work, any idea?
    11-03-11 02:12 AM
    I can't use 2G, I'm on WIND we dont have a 2G network, only a 3G network. I also watch Youtube at times. so its a no go
    Then switch th 3G only, no need to have 2G on, it will still save some battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 02:26 AM
    This was the longest it has taken me to install an OS (coming from .440), apparently there was a hidden vendor file which I couldn't find. Luckily I came across this

Downloaded the file and removed the vendor file and .474 was infesting my 9900! Now to load my back up and apps back on!

OP's post and download. Thanks Hatax
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...6/#post6733169

This sounds too easy and it's probably because I'm not positive what you're referring it, are you talking about the home screen icons? As in you can set to 1 row, 2 or 3 rows? Just drag the whole menu down. Unless you're talking about the notification icons. Like email, text, bbm, social networking, vvm, etc. I don't even bother reading all mine, I literally have the entire line between sound profiles and the search button filled. Normally if I get another notification there that isn't already there I start getting the "...." to show that there's no more room. -.-

Yes, in my Bold 9700, that row 1, 2, 3... could be made not to appear, leaving just your desktop picture and stuff (then tomake it appear, just click on the up/down arrow). Now in 9900, it's not there. maybe it is a 9700-only feature or the control is placed elsewhere under options.
    11-03-11 02:49 AM
    One thing I have noticed is when you hold the Blackberry button to see your open apps, the number of apps displayed in each row is less than before. I think before there were 6 in each row, and now there are 5 in each.
    I agree with you. That was 6 icons at .439. Though not an issue for me.
    11-03-11 02:49 AM
    Bermont, thanks a bunch for posting the link to the XML eraser script. You've saved me!
    11-03-11 03:28 AM
    Yes, in my Bold 9700, that row 1, 2, 3... could be made not to appear, leaving just your desktop picture and stuff (then tomake it appear, just click on the up/down arrow). Now in 9900, it's not there. maybe it is a 9700-only feature or the control is placed elsewhere under options.
    just hold the tray label and drag it down till all the icons are hidden... do the inverse to show the icons...
    4wheel likes this.
    11-03-11 04:17 AM
    My wifi connection shows up but it does t connect to it i don t get the blackberry data logo in front of the wifi NO GO if i don t figure out how to fix it
    11-03-11 05:04 AM
    Battery discharge: Ive been running .474 now for 12 hrs and looks like the battery discharge is at a reasonable steady rate of 4%/hr (.439 was typically 2.4% with the same set of apps) Ive checked that nothing looks out of line, and will give it a few more hours, but suspect I'm heading back to .439
    11-03-11 05:07 AM
    Initially I thought you were kidding, but you uplaoded the picture and I realized you weren't. Really that's your complaint about the OS updates? While everyone is seeking the release of UMA and Wifi hot spot, you seek the most minor graphical details? I guess you don't find the other items as important.

But back to my real point of the post, I was going to wipe and reinstall .440 because it was starting to become bloody slow, but guess I'll just upgrade! =] I have a feeling after I install this within a week or two TMO will release the update for UMA and/or wifi hotspot. And hopefully enable NFC even though it's not widely available here in Chicage or even stateside. Thanks for posting the link to the update OP!
    Nope I wuznt kidding at all, I seek problems it doesn't matter if its a minor or big .. Graphical is y coz it looks gud to ur eyes, Example why do u change ur wallpaper? U change it coz u want ur homescreen to look nice .. Nyway ur tokn abt d hotspot .. Its gonna rls in OS7.1 nd dats lil long way to go so m least bothered about it

Nyway happy reinstalling .440
    11-03-11 05:43 AM
    It has something to do with the wifi connections. If I'm not connected to wifi range the four dots are next to the 3G, if I am they're next to the wifi symbol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Here in Dubai its nun to do wid d wifi .. The 4 dots r next to ur 3G dat means ur connected to blackberry service. I duno how it is in states peace
    11-03-11 05:46 AM
    Annoyingly loud system sounds (e.g. when you use USSD commands like *100# in Russia to see your balance) are still there.

Overall the new OS looks stable.
    11-03-11 05:57 AM
    About battery life. I've had it pretty much idle (maybe 10 messages) since unplugging 3 hours ago and I have 92% left. So about 2.5% discharge rate on idle. 3g and wifi on.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-03-11 06:01 AM
    Here the screenshot .. Chk it out

m usin .440 .. installed d OS yest
    Is the name of your carrier 'du' ? ?

11-03-11 06:23 AM
    As for my battery life it does seem better, only dropped 40% since 7.30 this morning, used wifi and bluetooth in that time and phone calls for about 30mins.

Hoping it can inly get better,
    11-03-11 06:44 AM
    Struggling to update OS.

Uninstalled previous OS versions, installed new OS. Restarted PC. Removed vendor.xml, used BBSAK (detects no new OS) and used BB Desktop Manager and clicked 'update' - only found current OS version. I'm not new to OS updating but this is grinding my gears.

Any suggestions please?

-edit- Managed to solve it.
    Last edited by PeterCouts; 11-03-11 at 07:45 AM.
    11-03-11 07:22 AM
    The feel of this OS is much snappier. Icons don't lag when I click them, significantly less hourglass and lag so far. Can't comment on battery life just yet, but I'm happy so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 07:38 AM
    i'm still having a problem with downloads in the browser . Anyone else got this issue, it seems to hang when it goes to the downloads page in the browser
    11-03-11 07:39 AM
    As for my battery life it does seem better, only dropped 40% since 7.30 this morning, used wifi and bluetooth in that time and phone calls for about 30mins.)
    Hmmm, you are meant to get 6.6 hrs phoneing for 100% battery so 30m mins is roughtly 1/13 of this i.e. 8%. take this off the 40% drop and you get left with 32%. from your post times this must have been over 5 hours i.e. about 6% drop per hour:- should be in the order of 2-3% so looks like I'm not alone in experiencing a fast discharge.

I'm now going back to version .439 where I had 2.5%/hr
    Last edited by Angus Mac; 11-03-11 at 07:48 AM.
    11-03-11 07:40 AM
342 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD