I found it through the CrackBerry OS Page though it only has .439 listed as the latest.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...3A5D321D4E8092

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.0.0.2090 (All Languages)

Package Version: 7.0.0.2090
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 7.0.0.474
    * Software Platform: 5.0.0.645
    * File name: 9900jAllLang_PBr7.0.0_rel2090_PL5.0.0.645_A7.0.0.4 74_WIND_Canada.exe
    * File size: 237.23MB
    11-02-11 01:01 PM
    good find
    11-02-11 01:16 PM
    good one nice thanks mate!
    11-02-11 01:28 PM
    good one nice thanks mate!
    You have a 9930 and this OS is for the 9900
    11-02-11 01:30 PM
    I'll just sub for the feedback as I'm going out right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-11 01:38 PM
    This seems legit......right?
    11-02-11 01:40 PM
    This seems legit......right?
    Yes, perfectly legit... it's an official OS release from RIM's software download site
    11-02-11 01:43 PM
    Good, thanks
    11-02-11 01:52 PM
    downloading now for my Unbranded 9900 on AT&T..
    Hope this adds VMM and H+
    11-02-11 02:01 PM
    There you go.. its official now on wind for 9900 as well...
    11-02-11 02:04 PM
    You have a 9930 and this OS is for the 9900
    Philll you well know that this can be loaded flawlessly...
    11-02-11 02:06 PM
    Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Battery life thats alll i freacking askkkkkkk fooor
    11-02-11 02:06 PM
    Philll you well know that this can be loaded flawlessly...
    Yes, I do... but a java swap is not an OS upgrade.

The main changes in a new OS release are always in the sfi, and this file is device specific.
    Spartacus_82 likes this.
    11-02-11 02:09 PM
    RIM servers are getting so hammered just now!! Anyone managed to get a link to
    it elsewhere at all?
    11-02-11 02:23 PM
    can anyone confirm if this update has better battery life?
    bermont likes this.
    11-02-11 02:23 PM
    Yes, I do... but a java swap is not an OS upgrade.

The main changes in a new OS release are always in the sfi, and this file is device specific.
    I agree, its not even the same as "oh look i got a software upgrade", not all COD files work with any radio(sfi)file.
    I'm impressed that WIND is releasing so many software upgrades so quickly... i really hope the battery problem is fixed, I'm running .440 and my battery just goes down so quickly... im at 76% within 7hrs with medium usage Brightness is at 10, timeout at 10sec, FB, and twitter don't auto update. Wallpaper is optimized to 640x480, i just dont know what to do anymore to conserve battery.. i even had to start using my ipod to listen to my music as my 9900 was getting me home with like 5% or less battery life at the end of night. When i use it as a mp3 player i get about 18 hrs (Heavy Usage) is that good? like i read that some people like almost day to and a half.. with one battery.
    My 9780 got me like 1.5days with everything updating, mp3, Extreme usage..

Anyone know more tips, or have I covered them all?
    11-02-11 02:26 PM

No, no one can. this was released less then an hour ago. I mean I can tell you that in the 30mins I've had it loaded the battery has been amazing.
    hestonk likes this.
    Nobody will be able to confirm this for at least a couple of days.
    Specially if its taking about 2 hours to download the image then another 20 mins to load to the handset.

440 was fair on battery so hopefully this has been tested beyond that.
    11-02-11 02:32 PM
    TO ALL WHO WANT BETTER BATTERY LIFE:

Stop wanting it. It's not going to happen. With the exception of bugs that might drain your battery excessively fast (15%/hr on standby) no release is going to double the life of your battery. The hardware consumes a certain amount of juice and the battery provides a fixed amount. Software can't change that. Learn to live with it. So tired of these threads being inundated with "battery life is at least 30% better with this build!" when people are still getting 1 day max with normal use.

And yes, some people DO see improvements (due to the aforementioned bugs being fixed) but not EVERYONE has the same experience. So download and try it for yourself.

Let's leave these threads for reporting findings, not asking the same questions over and over.

/rant
    dalmondWR, funnykindel and hestonk like this.
    11-02-11 02:33 PM
    I'm impressed that WIND is releasing so many software upgrades so quickly... i really hope the battery problem is fixed, I'm running .440 and my battery just goes down so quickly... im at 76% within 7hrs with medium usage Brightness is at 10, timeout at 10sec, FB, and twitter don't auto update. Wallpaper is optimized to 640x480, i just dont know what to do anymore to conserve battery.. i even had to start using my ipod to listen to my music as my 9900 was getting me home with like 5% or less battery life at the end of night. When i use it as a mp3 player i get about 18 hrs (Heavy Usage) is that good? like i read that some people like almost day to and a half.. with one battery.

I had exactly the same experience with .440, fingers crossed this does better.
    11-02-11 02:34 PM
    I agree, its not even the same as "oh look i got a software upgrade", not all COD files work with any radio(sfi)file.

You are absolutely misinformed. You can upload all the CODS from that 9900 to 9930 and vice versa minus the CDMA/UMTS sfi. Plus newer OS not always carry a newer radio Look at 666/666 on 9780... the 666 radio its newer then 668.

That is why loads of BB pros were loading 668 Java with the 666 sfi.
    Test it yourself before talking

P.S. And yes 18Hrs is more then honourable if you make calls as well. 9900 will never last as long as Onix II because it has more power with a smaller juice tank, unless at RIM they'd discover a magic way to perform faster with smaller amount of consumes, I doubt it so get and extended battery instead.. end of
    Last edited by Spartacus_82; 11-02-11 at 02:53 PM.
    11-02-11 02:39 PM
    TO ALL WHO WANT BETTER BATTERY LIFE:

Stop wanting it. It's not going to happen. With the exception of bugs that might drain your battery excessively fast (15%/hr on standby) no release is going to double the life of your battery. The hardware consumes a certain amount of juice and the battery provides a fixed amount. Software can't change that. Learn to live with it. So tired of these threads being inundated with "battery life is at least 30% better with this build!" when people are still getting 1 day max with normal use.

And yes, some people DO see improvements (due to the aforementioned bugs being fixed) but not EVERYONE has the same experience. So download and try it for yourself.

Let's leave these threads for reporting findings, not asking the same questions over and over.

/rant
    With respect, this misses the point. Yes, of course hardware is going to require a certain amount of juice and a battery is only so big. But surely the point is, if the only way to get through a day with this phone is to basically switch off most apps, 3G etc, the hardware itself is being massively underused and is therefore pointless. It's like buying a Porsche to do the 100m drive to the corner shop. I have exactly the same set up on my 9900 as Suey - i.e. virtually nothing running or updating and on very moderate use am getting 9-11 hours battery. By any reasonable barometer, and I mean ANY, that is just not acceptable... I would much rather have had 25% less processing power and 25% more battery life - not least because the increased processing power is absolutely pointless as I cannot use the phone to anything beyond 10% of its potential and capacity through fear of it running out of battery...
    11-02-11 02:49 PM
    Anyone got another link? on 2nd attempt at download and says another 59mins!
    11-02-11 02:50 PM
    I'm able to squeeze a day out of .440 and I'm ok with that. Gotta keep in mind that HSPA+ speeds, 1.2ghz processors and dedicated GPUs are going to eat away at your battery quicker. I'm not expecting 2 days like I was able to get with 8xxx series hardware.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-02-11 02:56 PM
342 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD